Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In any economy, the impact of trade fair can not be over emphasized as it play a vital role in the over all economic, social and industrial development of a nation economy. Trade fair is a periodic gathering of manufactures and producers of goods and service exhibiting their latest products for promotional and sale purposes, but it has been hijacked by Nigeria wholesale and retailers and turned into a show of already exhibiting goods for their selfish aim of selling at an exorbitant price and making as much profit as they could.
Kaduna as well as the other states of Nigeria are blessed with basic natural resource and intellectually that can make any geographical unit great. But however it is very unfortunate that most of these resources and intellects are yet to be harnessed and utilized. As much that trade fair show should come to play it should be a show that could identify, help to tap and develop these resources to mark an enviable and cohesive economy.
The researcher is therefore out to find out how Kaduna international trade fair has affected the economy of Nigeria.
1.2 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF KADUNA INTERNATIONAL TRADE FAIR
Kaduna international trade fair is the most important annual events in the calendar of Kaduna chamber of commerce and industry, the events which was first of it kind started as domestic fair emphasing on agricultural sector in 1974 on a biannual basis the event continued until 1978 respectively in1979 the trade became internationally organized on annual basis, the firs Kaduna international trade fair was held in February 1979 at Murtala Mohammed square where a total of 205 exhibitors participated, from that period, the event continued to grow bigger providing avenue for:
a. The provision and encouragement of development of industries and industrial inputs.
b. The promotion of all aspects of economic sectors through national and international co-operation
c. The provision of access to research finding new technologies and ideas for actualization by industrialist and policy in when is through face to face interaction.
d. The creation of conducive atmosphere between Nigeria and other nation for joint venture project in all facet of the economy.
e. The provision of channel through which the government policies and programmes are made know and consequently attract international and local investors.
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
the Kaduna trade fair, both domestic and the international trade fair are about thirty eight years old today with the Kaduna international trade fair celebrating 34th years anniversary last march 2008.
As old as it seems to be, Kaduna trade fair is embedded with the following problems
1. The inability of the organizers to enlighten other state of the federation to participate in the fair so as to show case their potentialities.
2. The inability of Kaduna trade fair to encourage the exhibition of new products and technology, is not different from what is obtainable in the central market.
3. The organizers have failed to educate the manufacturing and producing firms on the value and benefit associated with these fair.
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this research will be to find out the followings
1. To examine the impact of Kaduna international trade fair on the Nigerian economy
2. To find out whether Kaduna trade fair have succeded in creating on avenue for the introduction of new products into the market
3. To ascertain whether Nigeria small and medium scale enterprises have been participating at the Kaduna international trade fair.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research work if successfully concluded will be relevant to the following group.
a. Manufacturing and producers of goods and services,
It is important to this group because it will enlighten them on how to take advantage of trade fair shows in Nigeria by exhibiting what they have in stock, their creativity and innovation in other to attract both local and foreign investors whom may want to invest in them, convincing them and of course it will lead to a boost in the economic development.
b. The State
This research work will also be important to the state because it will educate them on how to show case their abundant resources to attract foreign investors.
c. The Researcher
The research will broadened the knowledge of the researcher on the trade fair and its impact on the Nigeria economy
THE TRADE FAIR ORGANIZERS
The research will be important to the organizers because it will make them to realize that their duty is not only to provide exhibition space, lay down rules of the show and provide security, but are equally responsible for organizing work shops, seminars e.t.c. to both state and other exhibitors on what trade fair is all about and how to go about it if it must contribute any value to the economy of Nigeria.
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Has there been any impact of Kaduna international trade fair on the development of Nigeria economy?
2. To what extant has Kaduna international trade fair create an avenue for the introduction and exhibition of new products?
3. Has Nigeria small and medium scale enterprises benefit in their participation at the fair?
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The research topic” the impact of Kaduna international trade fair on the development of the Nigeria economy” will focus more on the years 2002 to 2010 it is for data and information generation, Also the research will focus more on trade fair and other relevant and related subjects.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The researcher encountered some problem during the conduct of the research, below are some of the problems.
a. Lack of co-operation from the respondents: Some of the respondents were not ready or willing to respond as expected, this they do by asking the researcher to call back some other time, some pay little attention while others delay the filling of the questionnaire
b. Financial constraint: Due to the economic situation in the country, financial support and so on the researcher was faced with the problem and lack of enough educational materials, transportation like and other inputs needed to carry out the research work, this went a long way in affecting the research will.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Trade fair: Is exhibition of manufacturers produced and occasion when manufacturers and producers of goods exhibits their products are take to potential customers.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The history of planning is old as man himself planning had started from the ancient era during th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY It is the responsibility of managers and to manage and to achieve results through the efforts of othe...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research project attempts to examine the effect of motivational incentives on employees’ performance in Nigerian Breweries. The obj...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF INTERNAL CONTROL ON FRAUD PREVENTION IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES OF MAIDUGURI FLOUR MILLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The effect of internal control on prevention of fraud in manufacturing company cannot be over emp...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUTION 1.1 Background of the Study The research is to be conducted on “The impact of insurance service on business survival in ...Continue Reading »
6. AN APPRAISAL OF THE ROLES AND POSITION OF CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARIES IN THE CIVIL SERVICE OF ANAMBRA STATE PROBLEMS AND STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVEMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION An office cannot effectively function without secretary. A secretary is very important in every organization. Secretary is th...Continue Reading »
7. ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS REQUIRED BY AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION STUDENTS FOR ENTRY INTO OIL PALM PRODUCTION ENTERPRISE IN EBONYI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Oil palm production has various enterprises that require activities of an entrepreneur. An entreprene...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The need for employment creation in Nigeria did not arise until the mid 1980s, when the economy o...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE DISTRIBUTION STRATEGIES OF MANUFACTURE ROOFING SHEET (CASE STUDY OF EMENITE NIGERIA LTD EMENE ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY By definition distribution strategies is concerned with those efficient channel arrangement used ...Continue Reading »
10. AN EVALUATION OF CUSTOMER CARE SERVICES IN RESTAURANTS (A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED QUICK SERVICES RESTAURANTS IN ENUGU METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, as evidenced by cumulative experiences acquired through reading and observation, ...Continue Reading »