Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 25 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-4 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background Of Study
Recruitment and Selection is a vital process for every successful organization because having the right staff improves and sustains organizational performance. The impact of an organization’s selection system influence bottom-line business outcomes, such as productivity and financial performance a dream for any organization. In the operations of any organization, recruitment and selection is the major function of the human resource department and recruitment process is the first step towards creating the competitive strength of organizations.
Recruitment process involves a systematic procedure from sourcing the candidates to arranging and conducting the interviews and requires many resources and time. Accordingly, Recruitment and selection are conceived as the processes by which organizations solicit, contact and interest potential appointees, and then establish whether it would be appropriate to appoint any of them, Sisson (2004). Recruitment and selection are the two phases of the employment process but there is a difference between the two. The recruitment is the process of searching the candidates for employment and stimulating them to apply for jobs in the organization while selection involves the series of steps by which the candidates are screened for choosing the most suitable persons for vacant posts.
Similarly, the basic purpose of recruitments is to create a talent pool of candidates to enable the selection of best candidates for the organization, by attracting more and more employees to apply in the organization whereas the basic purpose of selection process is to choose the right candidate to till the various positions in the organization. The recruitment process is immediately followed by the selection process, which is the final interviews and the decision making, conveying the decision and the appointment formalities. Recruiting is seen as a “positive process of generating a pool of candidates by reaching the “right” audience, suitable to fill the vacancy” (Leopold, 2002), On the other hand, he stated that once these candidates are identified, the process of selecting appropriate employees for employment can begin. This means collecting, measuring, and evaluating information about candidates” qualifications for specified positions. Selection therefore, is a process that involves the series of steps by which the candidates are screened for choosing the most suitable persons for vacant posts.
Recruitment of candidates is the function preceding the selection, which helps create a pool of prospective employees for the organization so that management can select the right candidate for the right job from this pool. The main objective of the recruitment process is to expedite the selection process. Therefore, organizations use these practices to increase the likelihood of hiring individuals who have the right skills and abilities to be successful in the target job, and better recruitment and selection strategies result in improved organizational outcomes.
The more effectively organizations recruit and select candidates, the more likely they are to hire and retain satisfied employees. In addition, the effectiveness of an organization’s selection system can influence bottom-line business outcomes, such as productivity and financial performance.
Hence, investing in the development of a comprehensive and valid selection system is money well spent. Recruitment and Selection are vital processes for a successful organization, having the right staff can “improve and sustain organizational performance” (Petts. 2007).
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
In recent years, there has been increase in the rate of business failure, closure and at best low productivity and in most cases; it was due to low level of organizational performance. To explain the situation, various factors have been looked into which might include competitive strategy in an organization. Despite the conflict between the stakeholders and the employee, the personnel havecrucial roles to play in ensuring the resolution of impending conflicts between the management and the employees for the achievement of goals and objectives of the organization. Unfortunately, some organizations may pay more attention on factors like money incentives, and/or physiological factors without giving much attention to the recruitment and selection of work force. Finally, several researches have been carried out on the impact of interview for recruitment and selection in an organisation but not even a single research has been carried out on the effectiveness of interview for recruitment and selection in an organisation.
1.3 Aims And Objectives Of Study
The main aim of the study is to determine the effectiveness of interview for recruitment and selection in an organisation. Other specific objectives of the study include:
1. to determine the effect of interviews for recruitment and selection in an organisation.
2. to determine the factors affecting recruitment and selection in an organisation.
3. to determine the extent to which interviews for recruitment and selection affects an organisation.
4. to proffer possible solutions to the problems.
1.4 Research Questions
1. What is the effect of interviews for recruitment and selection in an organisation?
2. What are the factors affecting recruitment and selection in an organisation?
3. What is the extent to which interviews for recruitment and selection affects an organisation?
4. What are the possible solutions to the problems?
1.5 Statement Of Research Hypothesis
H0: Interviews for recruitment and selection has no significant effect on an organization.
H1: Interviews for recruitment and selection has a significant effect on an organization.
1.6 Significance Of Study
The study on the effectiveness of interviews for recruitment and selection in an organisation will be of immense benefit to the entire establishment, companies or firms in the country in the sense that it will educate them on the importance of interviews. The study will enable human resource management to be able to make the right or appropriate staff selection without any pressure or intimidation from any source at all. It will also enable them to handle wisely the challenges they (human resource management) faces or encounter from day to day as a result of staff recruitment. Finally, the study will contribute to the body of existing literature and knowledge to this field of study and basis for further research.
1.7 Scope Of Study
The topic on the effectiveness of interview for recruitment and selection will cover on the human resource management and the challenges facing the human resource management in an organization using some organizations in Lagos State
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. HOW RELEVANT IS COMMUNICATION DEVELOPMENT TO BUSINESS ORGANISATION USING YOUR ORGANISATION AS A CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In every social formation or environment, man finds it necessary to bring themselves together in ...Continue Reading »
2. CONTINGENT PAY AND EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY: A STUDY OF SELECTED BANKS IN ONITSHA METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT This study sets out to examine the impact of contingent pay on employee performance in the banking industry. Probabilistic sampling technique...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An essential part of assignment is co coordinating the activities of people and directing their e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In any organization human resources are the important assets. Every organization is human oriented, a factor without which the organization i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The development of any country on how far its income generating sectors can increase its capacity and...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF TEAM WORK ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF DIAMOND BANK PLC. UDO UDOMA BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Participation of employees in decision making is a process of management by objective (MBO) that ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study critically examined the contributions of small and medium scale enterprises to the economic growth of Nigeria and how SMEs can be p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Performance of a corporation whether profit or non profit making is of great importance as it ser...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM IN REVENUE GENERATION IN ORGANIZATION (CASE STUDY OF SOME BANKS IN NIGERIA)» ABSTRACT The objective of this study was to evaluate the internal control system in operation at power holding company of Nigeria Plc in Enugu State w...Continue Reading »
10. MEDIATING ROLE OF TRUST ON THE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN PRICE, SERVICE QUALITY AND CUSTOMER LOYALTY IN THE NIGERIAN TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRY» ...Continue Reading »