Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 25 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-4 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background Of Study
Recruitment and Selection is a vital process for every successful organization because having the right staff improves and sustains organizational performance. The impact of an organization’s selection system influence bottom-line business outcomes, such as productivity and financial performance a dream for any organization. In the operations of any organization, recruitment and selection is the major function of the human resource department and recruitment process is the first step towards creating the competitive strength of organizations.
Recruitment process involves a systematic procedure from sourcing the candidates to arranging and conducting the interviews and requires many resources and time. Accordingly, Recruitment and selection are conceived as the processes by which organizations solicit, contact and interest potential appointees, and then establish whether it would be appropriate to appoint any of them, Sisson (2004). Recruitment and selection are the two phases of the employment process but there is a difference between the two. The recruitment is the process of searching the candidates for employment and stimulating them to apply for jobs in the organization while selection involves the series of steps by which the candidates are screened for choosing the most suitable persons for vacant posts.
Similarly, the basic purpose of recruitments is to create a talent pool of candidates to enable the selection of best candidates for the organization, by attracting more and more employees to apply in the organization whereas the basic purpose of selection process is to choose the right candidate to till the various positions in the organization. The recruitment process is immediately followed by the selection process, which is the final interviews and the decision making, conveying the decision and the appointment formalities. Recruiting is seen as a “positive process of generating a pool of candidates by reaching the “right” audience, suitable to fill the vacancy” (Leopold, 2002), On the other hand, he stated that once these candidates are identified, the process of selecting appropriate employees for employment can begin. This means collecting, measuring, and evaluating information about candidates” qualifications for specified positions. Selection therefore, is a process that involves the series of steps by which the candidates are screened for choosing the most suitable persons for vacant posts.
Recruitment of candidates is the function preceding the selection, which helps create a pool of prospective employees for the organization so that management can select the right candidate for the right job from this pool. The main objective of the recruitment process is to expedite the selection process. Therefore, organizations use these practices to increase the likelihood of hiring individuals who have the right skills and abilities to be successful in the target job, and better recruitment and selection strategies result in improved organizational outcomes.
The more effectively organizations recruit and select candidates, the more likely they are to hire and retain satisfied employees. In addition, the effectiveness of an organization’s selection system can influence bottom-line business outcomes, such as productivity and financial performance.
Hence, investing in the development of a comprehensive and valid selection system is money well spent. Recruitment and Selection are vital processes for a successful organization, having the right staff can “improve and sustain organizational performance” (Petts. 2007).
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
In recent years, there has been increase in the rate of business failure, closure and at best low productivity and in most cases; it was due to low level of organizational performance. To explain the situation, various factors have been looked into which might include competitive strategy in an organization. Despite the conflict between the stakeholders and the employee, the personnel havecrucial roles to play in ensuring the resolution of impending conflicts between the management and the employees for the achievement of goals and objectives of the organization. Unfortunately, some organizations may pay more attention on factors like money incentives, and/or physiological factors without giving much attention to the recruitment and selection of work force. Finally, several researches have been carried out on the impact of interview for recruitment and selection in an organisation but not even a single research has been carried out on the effectiveness of interview for recruitment and selection in an organisation.
1.3 Aims And Objectives Of Study
The main aim of the study is to determine the effectiveness of interview for recruitment and selection in an organisation. Other specific objectives of the study include:
1. to determine the effect of interviews for recruitment and selection in an organisation.
2. to determine the factors affecting recruitment and selection in an organisation.
3. to determine the extent to which interviews for recruitment and selection affects an organisation.
4. to proffer possible solutions to the problems.
1.4 Research Questions
1. What is the effect of interviews for recruitment and selection in an organisation?
2. What are the factors affecting recruitment and selection in an organisation?
3. What is the extent to which interviews for recruitment and selection affects an organisation?
4. What are the possible solutions to the problems?
1.5 Statement Of Research Hypothesis
H0: Interviews for recruitment and selection has no significant effect on an organization.
H1: Interviews for recruitment and selection has a significant effect on an organization.
1.6 Significance Of Study
The study on the effectiveness of interviews for recruitment and selection in an organisation will be of immense benefit to the entire establishment, companies or firms in the country in the sense that it will educate them on the importance of interviews. The study will enable human resource management to be able to make the right or appropriate staff selection without any pressure or intimidation from any source at all. It will also enable them to handle wisely the challenges they (human resource management) faces or encounter from day to day as a result of staff recruitment. Finally, the study will contribute to the body of existing literature and knowledge to this field of study and basis for further research.
1.7 Scope Of Study
The topic on the effectiveness of interview for recruitment and selection will cover on the human resource management and the challenges facing the human resource management in an organization using some organizations in Lagos State
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF MULTI-TAXATION ON SURVIVAL OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO SELECTED SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE...» Abstract Small and medium enterprises play a very important role in development of the Nigerian economy. The SMEs sector's importance in the economic ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In Nigeria the recognition of the economic significance of small scale enterprises is only a recent phenomenon. Hitherto, the adopted industr...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECT OF EMPLOYEE TRAINING AND MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE ( A CASE STUDY OFFIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC. ANYIGBA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The importance of management training and development in the realization of organizational goals ...Continue Reading »
4. MANPOWER PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT AS A TOOL HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY. A CASE STUDY OF LIFE FLOUR MILL, SAPELE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In a modern organization that emphasis division of labour, the function of the personnel officer ...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE RISK MANAGEMENT ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF MICROFINANCE INSTITUTIONS IN KENYA» ABSTRACT Foreign exchange risk management is complex and requires a thorough understanding of the MFI’s business needs, its internal and externa...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE BANKING INDUSTRY OF NIGERIA ( A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK)» ABSTRACT The study examined the impact of TQM on the performance of First Bank, using Uyo branch as a case study. The primary and secondary sources of...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT ON THE PROFITABILITY OF THE MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A Study of Cadbury Nigeria Plc)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Over the last decade, our world has changed dramatically due to the growing phenomenon of globali...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study critically examined the contributions of small and medium scale enterprises to the economic growth of Nigeria and how SMEs can be p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis study aims at looking into entrepreneurship development as a tool for wealth creation, which will serve as a panacea to some social econo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigerian textile industry is characterized with ineffective incentives, political uncertainty, acute power shortage, poor infrastructure, smu...Continue Reading »