Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 54 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work is conceived with the effect of employee participation in management decision making in Federal Poly Oko Anambra State. The study involved a survey in which a total of two hundred employee were used as subjects, fur (4) research question were as tested. Questionnaire was used to elicit information from employees in Federal Poly Oko. The data collected were analyzed using mean scores. The effect of employee participation in management decision making in Federal Poly Oko. The researcher found out that sometime decision made by Junior staff of the institution will not be used and most of the staff have known time to go for meetings finding of the respondents in table 3 shows more respondents with higher measures in table 3 shows more respondents with higher measure in the respond. We found that employees in Federal Poly Oko have a higher involvement in decision making. Based on the findings of the study it could be conclude that workers in the study institution are much more involved in the management decision making.
1.1 Background of Study
Over the years, the practice of organizational management demanded that employer/management could expect that workers will do the work that is set before them. While this was a perfectly typical method of getting results through others in the early days of assembly line and scientific management, it is no longer true of today’s business, the trend has changed in that management expects more from its workers than doing simply what is put before them. It has also changed in that work expects that more can be got from them by simply working according to the direction of the boss. However, with the rise of such theories as “participation management” and with increasing recognition those employees often have something valuable to contribute (beyond the accepted units of their normal job duties (Adewumi F. 2005).
Many companies are now actively seeking ways of getting employees to participate more in decision affecting them; the workers on the other hand expects to be asked how he feels about his job, and what his ideas are on how the work can be done more easily, better and faster. The reason for this change in emphasis is that management has discovered hat there are tangible business values in soliciting and using the ideas of people at all levels in the organization. As the main objective of every business organization is long-term survival and in addition to have a competitive advantage over and above its competitors rather than being like the biblical seeds that fell on the way side and perished. The secret of having his competitive advantage over others then lies on the productivity of the enterprise. The increase in productivity can only be achieved mainly through the organizational work force (Dunlop. 2007).
Increase in work life and productivity in an enterprise starts with the mind. It starts with the improvement of an individual self-esteem and self worth. It starts with helping an employee develop a higher degree of self regard. In tracina the background of this concept of employee participation in decision making, one can inter it to be a household name in many countries of the world. (Dunlop J. 2007). Japan’s success in the business world is attributed to employee participate. Decision making is shared at all levels of management. It is observed that decision making in Japanese firms are focused on defining questions or issues rather than on finding solutions. Thus all levels of the organization are involved in this process, in the United States, Industrial democracy is practiced, employee are encouraged to buy shares in companies thereby enabling them to have a say in the management of their organization. In other developed countries like Britain, Yugoslavia and Germany, participatory management is popular In Britain and Yugoslavia. It is known as joint consultation and self management respectively while in Germany, it is known as co-determination. In Nigeria, participatory management has come a long way. The Nigeria military government in 1977 decided t democratize industrial ownership in Nigeria by promulgating the Nigerian Indigenization decree part of which provides “that 10 percent total equity share of any enterprise on schedule, 2 and 3 should be reserved for workers (Fashoyin, T. 1992)
1.2 Statement of the Study
The issue of whether participation in decision making exists in the Nigeria industrial set up is very controversial. Some companies in Nigeria practice participate decision making and government has in the past encouraged participation in decision making though registration on the contrary, some management writers n Nigeria are of the opinion that reason is that the necessary pre-requisite conditions encourage participation in Nigeria are not available. The research is aimed at the effect of employee participation in management decision making in Federal Poly Oko.
However, research into Federal Poly Oko has exposed employee desire for involvement in decision making in their various organizations. Employees are at the same time important elements of the accomplishment of the school goals, in order to standard and remain as a Federal Institution. The reason basically rests on the fact that employees are operators and are in better position to know the problem they encounter in doing a particular task and how best to solve them. This study is therefore set to determine the extent of practice of participating in decision making in Federal Poly Oko.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
Specifically, the research intends to determine the effect of employee. Participation in management decision making in Federal Poly Oko.
1. To ascertain the level employees with low educational qualification have more influence in decision making in Federal Poly Oko.
2. To it employee: Opinions are made used off after being collected by the management of the institution.
3. To employees are allowed to make decision in Federal Poly Oko.
4. To examine the employees participation in decision making result to responsibility and independence.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The study is designed to provide information to the populace on how Federal Poly Oko have faired in their practice of participative decision making and its contributions to the staff and the school. It is expected that this study will be benefiticial to the management by giving enough insight into the benefits of employee participation in decision making, workers, students of business administration and the society at large are equally the hope that the study would provide a basic on which further research would be carried out.
1.5 Research Question
1. To what extent employees with low educational qualification have more influence in decision making in Federal Poly Oko.
2. To what extent employees opinion are made use off after being collected by the management of Federal Poly Oko.
3. To what extent employees are allowed to make decision in Federal Poly Oko
4. To what extent the employee’s participation in decision making result to responsibility and independence.
1.6 Hypothesis (Optional)
The following testable hypotheses were formulated to guide the attainment of the research objectives.
Ho: An employee in higher job position tends to exercise more involvement in management decision making than another in lower job position.
H1: An employee who possesses higher educational qualification would tend to have more influence in management decision making that other who possess lower educational qualification.
1.7 Scope/Delimitation of the Study
This study is about the effect if employee participation in management decision making. The extent of employees participation and the problem encountered in its practice will be examined. Government press and a few. Other selected private institution and University in Anambra State will be limited because of time and finance being faced by the researcher and also unwillingness of some management in using their organization or institution for research. Despite these limitation, the study will explore every necessary available information to be attain its set objective.
1.8 Definition of Terms
1. Participation: The process during which individuals groups and organizations are consulted about or have the opportunity to become activity involved in project or program of activity.
2. Decision Making: A result arrived at by the judges when here is no clear winner at the end of the contest.
3. Management: The executive of an organization, especially senior executives.
4. Employees: An individual who provides labor to a company or another person.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT ON EMPLOYEE COMMITMENT IN THE JUDICIAL SERVICE; A CASE STUDY OF WESTERN REGION» ABSTRACT The mainobjectiveof the study was to ascertain the effect of human capital development on employee commitment in the Judicial Service of Ghan...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPLICATION OF DISTRIBUTION OF CONSUMERS GOODS FOR CONSUMERS SATISFACTION. A CASE STUDY OF GUINNESS NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Marketing is a process whose principle is to promote and facilitate exchange through marketing individuals and groups ob...Continue Reading »
3. LEADERSHIP STYLES AND EMPLOYEES PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF APACO FORM NIGERIAN LIMITED AGBOR, DELTA STATE)» ABSTRACT This research thesis is about the impact of leadership style and employees performance in the organization. The objective of this research wo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The two primary objectives of every business are profitability and solvency. Profitability is the...Continue Reading »
5. THE USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY AS A VERITABLE TOOL FOR TAX ADMINISTRATION (A CASE STUDY OF THE KADUNA STATE BOARD OF INTERNAL RE...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Information and communication technology is often used as an extended synonym for information technology(IT), but is a mo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUD OF THE STUDY The reason for banks striving to improve their profitability are obvious and varied. In this era o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGOUND TO THE STUDY When a country has one Chief Executive who is both normal arid political head of state, wielding r...Continue Reading »
8. PROCEDURE, PROBLEM AND PROSPECTS OF PERSONAL INCOME TAX ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF OYO STATE BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE)» ABSTRACT This aim of this project is to know the procedure, problem and prospect of personal income tax administration in Nigeria and also to know whe...Continue Reading »
9. CREDIT AND DEBT RECOVERY IN FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS. (A CASE STUDY OF U.I.D.C PLC, WARRI DELTA STATE)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to evaluate the impact of Credit and Debt recovery Department in financial institution. It is also meant to assi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The consolidation of banks has been the major policy instrument being adopted in correcting defic...Continue Reading »