Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 90 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Participation of employees in decision making is a process of management by objective (MBO) that is the collaborative goal setting by a manager and the subordinate the extent to which goals are accomplished in a major factor in evaluating and rewarding the subordinates’ performance and that is team work which an organization need for effective and efficient productivity
Effective decision making which must be a team work has become a critical issue in the various areas of management and administration in the country both in private and public sectors in Diamond Bank of the economy. The purpose of the study is therefore, to examine the relationship between decision making process and the employees participation.
Decision can be said to be a process of taken actions which in due cause lead to achieving a particular objective with a team work. The study is to investigate the various ways of managing or finding solutions to these challenges and encourages the use of proper decision making tools for organizational effectiveness and growth. It will also focus on issues relating to the topic with adequate explanations for better understanding and finally make recommendations for further use by other interested individuals, government and organizations etc.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It is through team work and effective decision making that manager help the organizations achieved or accomplished its set goals and objectives. Decision making plays a vital role in the attainment of these organizational growth and successes.
Decisions had become one of the basic and difficult challenges confronting most Nigerian organizations especially in public enterprises because of lack of team work. Nigeria as a country with diverse culture, is not an easy task, since many people desires only slight personal satisfaction on their role as stakeholders, employees, suppliers, creditors and customers etc and enjoy little or no sense of accomplishment rather than being other acquiring personal goal than organizational goals and objectives.
It is against this statement of the problem that interest is focused on the likely decision making strategies to be applied in the organization in other to achieve organizational growth.
Therefore, based on the above problem stated, the researcher aims at investigating the problem and suggesting remedies to improving the situation.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
In every research, the researcher always has an aim, if not to add to already existing body of knowledge; it is to propound a new theory.
To this end, here are the objectives of this study.
i. To identify the nature of decision classification, types and implementation which exist in public enterprises, private organization with team work.
ii. To identify the impact of decision on organizational growth in public enterprises.
iii. To identify the level of team work and decision making in public enterprises.
iv. To identify decisional roles of managers as it relates in public enterprises.
v. To identify the organizational decision levels mostly used in public enterprises.
vi. To make possible recommendations on how team work and in effective decision implementation relates organization in public enterprises.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
To guide the field operation of this research work, and especially to ensure that all data collection and analytical efforts were directed at searching out answers to the various aspects of the research problem, the following research questions were formulated.
i. What is the nature of decision classification, types and implementation that exist in public enterprises?
ii. Does decisions making team work impact on organizational growth in public enterprises?
iii. What is the level of decision making in public enterprises?.
iv. Which of the organizational decision levels is mostly used in public enterprises?
v. Does the decisional roles of managers relates to decision making in public enterprises?
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
To facilitate the realization of the study objectives, the following research hypothesis was formulated as follows:
i. HO: There is no significant relationship between decision
and team work implementation in public enterprises.
HI: There is a significant relationship between decision and team work implementation in public enterprises.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
A research on managers and the challenges of decision making on employee participation is a very wide one. It involves an extensive research into the operations of organizations in different sectors of the economy. Considering the fact that there are substantial number of organizations and firms in the country today and their relative different in sizes and scale of operations as well as the distinctive strategies applied in carrying out various decisions, the study becomes invariably a different one.
In a bid to keep the job within manageable limits and within the limited time, available resources, the researcher decided to limit the scope of the study to cooperate organization with particular interest on public enterprises. It is believed that what ever will be the finding from this be generalize as to what is obtained in most successful organization like public enterprises.
1.6. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work was carried out for purpose of achieving certain objectives. At the end of this project, it is hoped that it will be useful to a lot in the following ways:
1. Students and researchers which might use it as a guide or reference material in future.
2. Business or corporate organization when making decisions in organization with team work.
3. Government and other non-governmental organization during policies formulation and decision making.
4. Managers, as it will serve as a guide to the present and future one’s when dealing with decisional issues.
5. Individuals and other interested members of the public who are interested in the topic.
6. The study will most especially helped the researcher to know that decision making is a major role of a manager’s in an organization.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In the course of this research work, the researcher encountered some constraints such as:
i. Finance: In this case, financial responsibility posed a problem as the researcher was limited by inadequate funds to carry out his study. Thus, the available funds were used.
ii. Availability of Materials: The availability of most related materials in the research area of study was also a limiting factor.
iii. Information: Extraction of Information from the employees in the case study organization was not that easy as they find it difficult to reveal some important fact concerning the organization.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
The study has been grouped into five(5) chapters for an easy and better understanding and for the objective to be achieved. In line with this, chapter one (1) contains the general introduction of the study, which is made up of the following sub topic. Background of the study, research questions, research hypothesis, scope of the study significance of the study, limitation of the study, organization of the study, definitions of terms etc.
The chapter two (2) contains the review of related literature on decision making in public enterprises in the organization. Chapter three (3) deals with the research methodology were method of sample selection: research design and sample size are treated and also method of collecting and checking of the data analysis.
In chapter four (4) deals with data presentation, analysis and interpretation through the use of tables, percentage and tested chi-square (x2) to fully explain the findings while the last chapter five (5) deals with summary of findings, conclusion and recommendations.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Management: According to Akpan (2000) is all about taking a sound decision. Here, management is aim at carrying out plans that will result at achieving decided goals.
Decisions: Nwachukwu (1998) sees decision as the selection of alternative cause of action from available alternative in order to achieve a given objectives.
Decision Making: Ayandele (2005:3) is defined as a mental process by which an individual gather data and make a choice between two or more alternative course of action.
Organization: Cole (1995:5-6) sees it as “a group of people who collaborate in a structured and relatively permanent way in order to achieve one or more goals which they share in common”. Such an organization is structured in a manner which formally recognized and places the tasks and roles that individuals are expected to fulfill.
Team Work: Collective decision making always between variables (employees and the employers).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. COMMUNITY BANKING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN DELTA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF AGBORKA COMMUNITY BANK AGBOR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Community bank in a simple, term is a unit banking institution which is owned by people from the comm...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTIONAlthough product development is not usual recognized as a formal stage in the product life cycle, many ideas for long term ...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF INFORMAL GROUPS ON PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA TEACHING HOSPITAL, ENUGU.)» ABSTRACT Informal group came into existence through the interaction of people as a result of socialization. When individual meet and interact with one...Continue Reading »
4. THE PROBLEM MILITATING AGAINST EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BIOLOGY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IGBO-EZE NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU ...» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The term science has to do with nature; it is derived from the latin word scientia which means knowledge. It is a ...Continue Reading »
5. AN ASSESSMET ON THE IMPACT OF QUALITY SERVICE ON CONSUMER (A CASE STUDY OF ARIK AIR LIMITED, ENUGU).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Global competition on today’s business, coupled with the rapid development in technology, e...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Banking in Nigeria has gone through very dramatic changes, since the appointment of (professor Charle...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT ‘The world is becoming a global village’, so the adage goes. It is a fact that the world has truly become a global village. Globa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROPUND OF THE STUDY The ultimate or core aim of an organization in this world today with the level of competition is to ...Continue Reading »
9. THE APPLICATION OF E-MARKETING IN NIGERIAN BANKING INDUSTRY (A CASE OF UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA - UBA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Marketing is the process by which companies determines what product and services may be of intere...Continue Reading »
10. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT PRACTICES AND OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED FLOUR MILLS COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In recent years, many firms in the world have faced several challenges particularly in inventory ...Continue Reading »