The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : MSc/PhD.
Get the complete project »
CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) are the backbone of every economy and are key source of economic growth, dynamism and flexibility in advanced industrialized countries, as well as in emerging and developing economies. SMEs constitute the dominant form of business organization, accounting for over 95% and up to 99% of enterprises depending on the country (Osagie 2004:25). They are responsible for between 60-70% net job creations in less-developed or developing countries.
While not every small business turns into a multinational, they all face the same issue in their early days – finding the money to enable them to start and build up the business. It is harder for them to borrow money from banks or finding private investors than for larger firms.
Microfinance institutions are semi-formal organization and a subset of flexible structure and systems which provide a wide range of financial and saving needs of small scale enterprises in developing countries where top-town formal financial institutions have failed to address the credit need of the real sector of the economy.
Hence, the intention of this research is to undertake a survey of financing options for small and medium scale enterprises in Sokoto State.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEM
Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria have not performed creditably well and hence have not played the expected vital and vibrant role in the economic growth and development of Nigeria.
This situation has been of great concern to practitioners and the organized private sector groups as well as non-governmental organizations. For the purpose of this research work, the research questions are:
a. What extent does financing of SMEs affect economic growth of Sokoto State?
b. Does small and medium scale enterprises stimulate economic growth?
c. Does microfinance loan to small and medium scale enterprises actually leads to high effectiveness.
d. Does SMEs access capital loans from microfinance institutions.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
Every research work should have objective(s) upon which it is being undertaking. This study attempts to examine the financing of small and medium scale enterprises for economic growth. The objectives of the study are:
a. To determine whether SMEs stimulates economic growth
b. To investigate the extent to which financing of SMEs affects economic growth in Sokoto State.
c. To investigate whether microfinance loans to SMEs actually leads to high effectiveness.
d. To find out whether SMEs are able to access capital loans from micro
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
These are tentative statements that test the validity of the research questions. For the purpose of the research work, the following hypothesis would be considered.
Ho: Small and Medium Scale Enterprises do not stimulate economic growth.
Ho: Financing of Small and Medium Enterprises do not affect economic growth in Sokoto State.
Ho: Microfinance loans to small and medium scale enterprises do not lead to effective performance.
Ho: Small and Medium Enterprises do not access capital loans from microfinance institutions.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the research work is to add to the general body of knowledge. The research would serve as a reference literature for students of management especially students of business administration and banking and finance.
However the research also serves as a guide to the government in order to access how SMEs promotes economic growth. It also serves as a guide to SMEs operators on how they could access different sources of loans to finance their activities.
The research also serves as a guide to banks and other financial institutions of the various types of loans that could be given to SMEs practitioners.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the research is limited to Sokoto State metropolis. This is to enhance accurate and reliable data in order to achieve the objective of the study. Small and medium enterprises would be scontacted in Sokoto State metropolis.
1.7 CHAPTER SCHEME
The research work comprised five chapters. The chapter one is the general introduction of the research work. It discuss the background of the study, statement of the research problem, objective of the study, research hypothesis, significance of the study and scope and limitations of the study.
Chapter two of the research is the literature review. It discusses the various definitions
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research examines “the review of motivation as a management tool for increasing the productivity of employees, a case study of Emenite...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 189 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
2. DETERMINANTS AND ADOPTION OF POINT OF SALES OF SELECTED BUSINESS ORGANISATIONS IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study It is observed that following the global advancement in technological development, Nigeria is not...Continue Reading »
224 pages | 13 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
3. EFFECTS OF EMPLOYEES’ COMMITMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE. (A CASE STUDY OF AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page…………………………..………………………………….ii Certification……………………………....Continue Reading »
82 pages | 52 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
4. THE ROLE OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS ENTERPRISES TO THE ECONOMICS DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF SOKOTO SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT)» ABSTRACT In this research work, the researcher intended to have a general discussion with local government as my background. But lack of space may not...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 83 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
5. AN EXAMINATION OF THE IMPACT OF RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION STRATEGIES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISE (A CASE STUDY OF NOVAL HOTEL NI...» ABSTRACT Hospitality business is a facet of the Nigerian economy that enhances economic growth and development as small and medium enterprises through...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 45 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT This study investigates the relationship between international trade flows and employment in Nigeria for the period 1981 to 2006. Using time ...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 53 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
7. THE IMPACT OF HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING AND ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY: A STUDY OF NATIONAL WATER RESOURCES INSTITUTE KADUNA, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study The concept of Human Resource Planning in any organization is an issue which deserves attention b...Continue Reading »
124 pages | 202 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The use of e commerce websites can lead to accepting and satisfying intentions and then influence...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 270 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
9. ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS REQUIRED BY AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION STUDENTS FOR ENTRY INTO OIL PALM PRODUCTION ENTERPRISE IN EBONYI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Oil palm production has various enterprises that require activities of an entrepreneur. An entreprene...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 17 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
10. THE EFFECT OF INTERNAL CONTROL ON FRAUD PREVENTION IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES OF MAIDUGURI FLOUR MILLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The effect of internal control on prevention of fraud in manufacturing company cannot be over emp...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 17 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION