Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 71 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In every social formation or environment, man finds it necessary to bring themselves together in other to work and achieve a common goal. Before the existence of civilization, man have a different way of sharing information thoughts, attitude, believes and ideas between themselves through the use of signs, sound and symbols. But as man began to develop his society, they now come together and work towards achieving a common goal, this is when organisation came into being. Organisation are made up of different groups of people from different culture, tribes, norms and believe etc.
The question is how can this people from different tribes, languages and culture can work together and understand themselves? This is when how relevant communication came into existence. Relevant communication is highly needed in our develop organisation, in terms of interest, share thought, believe for the realization of the pre-determined objective managers in an organisation needs to communicate to their subordinate telling them about what to do, where and when to do it in the same vain. Subordinate need to know who is to report to all these done through effective communication.
In the process of organisational development in Nigeria, the survival of any organisation depend to a large extend on the availability of communication network strategies at all operational level of the organisation as a matter of fact, in every organisation be it civil service, educational institutions, political or religions setting needs an effective communication system to enable the organisation function very well in order to achieve the common goals and objectives.
It is not exaggeration to state that the standard of our organisation, corporate image and efficiency is directly related to the stand of communication system and their operation. Loose of customers and prestige can result from ineffective communication.
In general, every member of the business organisation must be in one way or the other be trained on the use of communication to create mutual understanding towards realization of organisation goals and objectives.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
There are so many problems or obstacles facing organisation and its development. One of the major ones being poor management of communication system. Some of the problem associate with communication are as follows:
1) Poor communication system which hinder the level of achieving the goals and objectives of the business.
2) Improper co-ordination of communication creates misunderstanding between the functional areas of organisation thereby treating low organisational development.
3) Poor perception of members of organisation constitute problem in organisational development.
4) Inability of members of organisation to be conversant with modern communication channel and method that affect the level of operations.
5) Poor communication channels brings about wastage of fund, hence create low development of organisational settings.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of this study are highlighted below;
ü To upgrade the communication system in order to attain a high level of achieving organisational goals and objectives.
ü To unsure a proper coordination of the communication system in order to have a good information flow within the functional areas of the organisation which will lead to organisational development.
ü To critically examine how relevant is communication plays in sharing information and message in organisation.
ü To determine the need for continuous training and development of members of organisation so that a high level of attainment can be reach through relevant communication.
ü To identify how poor communication network hinders the effectiveness efficiency and productive capacity of workers and the entire organisation.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
The following are some of the relevant research question that will be addressed to determine whether communication has impact on organisational development.
1) Does poor communication system affect organisational goals and objectives?
2) How does relevant communication bring about harmonization and integration employees into the organisation development?
3) Does clear and unambiguous information create the right environment for effectiveness and efficiency?
4) Does proper and adequate training of staff enhance corporate growth?
5) Does poor communication system and channel hinder the productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of an organisation?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The researcher has formulated the hypothesis below for this research work.
ü Hi: poor communication system affects organisation goals and objectives.
Ho: poor communication system does not affect organisation goals and objectives.
ü Hi: relevant communication brings about harmonization and integration of employees into the organisational development.
Ho: relevant communication does not bring about harmonization and integration of employees into the organisational development.
ü Hi: clear and unambiguous information create the right environment for effectiveness and efficiency.
Ho: clear and unambiguous information does not create the right environment for effectiveness and efficiency.
ü Hi: proper and adequate training of staff enhances corporate growth.
Ho: proper and adequate training of staff does not enhance corporate growth.
ü Hi: poor communication system and channel hinders the productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of an organisation.
Ho: poor communication system and channel does not hinder the productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of an organisation.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work is intended to given an indepth analysis on how relevant is communication development to business organisation. Due to the nature of the topic and to get a comprehensive and detail result, the study was centered on the entire staff of the organisation and the staff consists of management staff, senior and junior staff. This will help to identify the correlation between the relevant is communication and productivity at the various level of the organisation.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study includes;
a) It will give the best shade of communication that will increase employers and employees performance.
b) The study will help to bring in a well structured and coordinated communication flow system that will create a good communication floor between the functional areas of the organisation.
c) It will also help to create interpersonal relationship between employers and employees in the organisation that will eliminate, distrust and lack of interest.
d) The study will also help t map out adequate and timely training and development of employees to be versatile in the line of their duty.
e) It will help management in designing a proper communication structure that is devoid of waste and reckless spending.
f) The study will also serve as a guide for further researchers on this topic.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In the course of conducting this research work, the researcher encountered some hindrances that stand as limitation to the study.
Ø Human nature: the respondents were reluctant to fill the questionnaire and it took the researcher time to explain to them the need to fill it. Some respondents gave vague responses which was difficult for the researcher to analyse, summarize and finally draw conclusion from.
Ø Time factor: this is another limitation to the researcher in the course of doing this research work. The researcher was choked with academic work, couple with personal time demand and this really affected the researcher.
Ø Financial constraints: lack of finance to go about this research work was another challenge to the research. It was not easy taking responsibility financially for this research work.
Ø Materials available for the literature reviews would be said not to be sufficient but inability to travel to get more material made the researcher to make use of only those available to him even as much inherent limitation of the work it is not useless hence is use to generalize.
1.9 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
The following terms are defined to provide clarity in the study communication.
Communication: it is the giving and receiving
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF STOCK MANAGEMENT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC» ABSTRACT The research provides an assessment of the impact of stock management on the Performance of an organization. It analyses the nature of stock ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTWhen the economic fortune of the organization of petroleum exporting countries (OPEC) nations suffered a tragic experience due to the sudden f...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTS OF MOTIVATION ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE: A CASE STUDY OF GHANA COMMERCIAL BANK, KUMASI ZONE.» ABSTRACT The introduction of universal banking law has brought changes over the years, with it stiff competition in the banking industry. Commercial b...Continue Reading »
» ABSTARCT This dissertation is to know the impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on organization performance. More so, it led us to know how CSR is...Continue Reading »
5. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE DISTRIBUTION STRATEGIES OF MANUFACTURE ROOFING SHEET (CASE STUDY OF EMENITE NIGERIA LTD EMENE ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY By definition distribution strategies is concerned with those efficient channel arrangement used ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigerian textile industry is characterized with ineffective incentives, political uncertainty, acute power shortage, poor infrastructure, smu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background to the Study Street hawking is a form of selling of goods along the road from one place to the other (Umar 200...Continue Reading »
8. AN EXAMINATION OF THE CAUSES OF PROJECT DELAY AND ABANDONMENT IN NIGERIA PUBLIC SERVICE, A CASE STUDY OF ABUJA» Abstract This research work focused on the tangible dimension of public service projects that resulted in the execution of physical projects which bri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Event management is an exciting and growing industry, as well as a unique career opportunity for ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Corporate governance has received greater attention from regulators, professionals and academics ...Continue Reading »