Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 32 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Decision making is a major responsibility of all administrators. It is the process of choosing from among alternative course of action.
It is also the process by which decisions are not arrived at but implemented (Ukeji et al, 1992). In line with submission above Miskel (1992) assent that until decision making is converted into action. It is only a good intervention.
A decision is the result of deliberation, calculation and thoughtful response to internal and external condition of the environment. Decisions reflect the organisation plans and the totality of decision gives direction to the organisation.
Decision making is one of the basic functions of the manager. It is the major function of administration or manager when at every state of management process, he makes choice among alternative course of action. The relevance of decision making to any organisation is captured by the above emphasis. As mush as we know, Nigeria is blessed with a lot of human and material resources that is expected to make the running conditions of the Nigeria to be above the poverty level.
The influence of the decision made by the administrators which are the manager of these resources goes a long way to see how these resources can achieve their importance. The problem of wrong decision making on the good policies of the government makes the rural dealer to suffer untold hardship. The basic amenities that they suppose to get. They are deprived of it because of wrong decision influenced by corruption party, mismanagement, misappropriation resulting from political influence.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
Decision making is one thing that individual and organisation are involved in what happed at any point in time is as a result of once decision or the other. We have observe that despite the good policies and funds that are coming to the public service, we do not feel the impact on the local people. This study, therefore will look at the decision making process. The public services have see what the problem is, we will examine the factors infecting the decision of the public services. If they are that of wrong decision or the influence of the state and the federal government on the public services.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The study has bee designed to identify how decision making is carried out in public services, the importance of decision can not be over emphasized because all the resource of the organisation will not be well managed without good decision on the part of the decision makers. Specifically, the objectives of the study will be;
1) To enable the public service, administrator to appreciate their roles as development agent and to make good decision that will improve their services.
2) To help various interest group or manager to know the relevant of decision making.
3) To determine the factors that is affecting the decision of the public services.
4) It helps to determine the rules guiding the organisation or public service.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will enable the public and the employee to know why development rate in the organisation is what it is. It will also help the leaders of the organisation to know how they can improve on their decision making. It enables the managers to know that a good decision is not good when it has not been expressed in development project for benefit of the organisation.
The study will also encourage prospective leaders (managers), future researchers and it will be a service of knowledge to students.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following involved research questions are formulated to guide the study.
a) To what extend are the subordinates involved in decision making?
b) In what ways does decision making process affect the public service of the organisation?
c) Does decision making process influence public service?
d) To what factor does decision making improved in public service in an organisation?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is limited to public service in the in the public service of Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro. This will enable us to concentrate on the decision making of the public services and its effects on the local people.
The studies have some limitation in areas of attitude of some of the respondent to the questionnaire, some did not respond to all the questions.
There was also a limitation in the area of understanding because some of they ways the questionnaire where ticked shows that they don’t understand the question asked. Lastly, some of the questions where not returned.
1.8 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF THE TERMS
Decision making: This means choosing from among alternative course of action.
Implementation: This is the carryout what have been chosen or putting a decision into action.
Administration: This is the organisation and direction of human and material resources to achieve desired ends.
Administrators: This is the people that have the responsibility of management, directing or controlling the activities of others to achieve the organisation goals.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL ON OPERATIONAL COST OF MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES; A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUTION Production is the central point of any manufacturing concern basically, it is the stage where real action takes place either t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to Black Law Dictionary, tax is a rateable portion of the produce of the property and l...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction A lot of works. Has no doubt been done on the concept of cooperative society due to the recognition of it relevant to any...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS ENTERPRISES TO THE ECONOMICS DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF SOKOTO SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT)» ABSTRACT In this research work, the researcher intended to have a general discussion with local government as my background. But lack of space may not...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Banking in Nigeria has gone through very dramatic changes, since the appointment of (professor Charle...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An essential part of management is co ordination the activities of people directing their effort ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONBackground of the StudyThe relationship between the organization and its members is influenced by what motivates them to work a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Business is absolutely a complex activity. This is because it involves a lot of technicalities ra...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Compensation is the reward workers receive for their service or contribution to the organisation. A literature reviewed showed that compensat...Continue Reading »
10. ROAD TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT AND CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION (A CASE STUDY OF PEACE MASS TRANSIT, PEACE PARK ENUGU ROAD NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE.)» ABSTRACT Road Transportation was viewed by the researcher as a sine qua non in the economy whether developed or developing. Road transportation is see...Continue Reading »