Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The Howard rotary slasher was rehabilitated, the oil seal in the gear box at the rotary slasher was replaced. Bolt and nuts were also replaced. Repair and maintenance were carried out on the Howard rotary slasher in such a way that all worn parts, missed part were repaired and replaced at the cost of N31,100 naira only. After rehabilitation, the slasher was tested and its performed good. The purpose of this rehabilitation of this slasher is to add more to the functional implements of the department and to acquire more experience on how to carry out repair and maintenance on farm implement, and to highlight the purpose or importance of maintenance of an implement.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A rotary mower is a unit of powered machinery that uses a rotating blade or blades to cut vegetation.
In agriculture of a rotary mower takes the form of a piece of tractor machinery that is often pulled behind the tractor and powered by the power take of it uses thick blades of sharpened metal to cut thick grass, heavy bushes, weeds, and small trees. Due to the high torque and power associated with the implement, shields made of hanging heavy chain or thick vinyl or rubber are often provided around the discharge chute to control flying debris. French Agricultural machinery manufacturer Rousseau SA claims to have invented the mechanical rotary mower in 1962. (“History” at Rousseau-web.com).
In horticulture a rotary mower is usually an integral machine that is either pushed by hand or driven by a riding operator, and used to cut amenity and sports turf. The first successful such machine was developed in Australia in 1952 by the Victa company. (en.m.wikipedia.org).
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
After inspection and diagnosis, the followings faults were detected: skills acquisition in the repair of rotary slasher in order to be self reliant.
· The blade was blunt
· Oil seal was damage
· Slip clutch was missed
· Center hitch pin was missed
· Gear box
The objectives of this project are as follows is to:
· To inspect and diagnose and detect the fauls of the rotary slasher.
· To estimate the requirements for rehabilitation.
· To rehabilitate and test the rotary slasher.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
To have practical knowledge and experience of what is theoretically thought in the class. Also have an idea about the maintenance to add the number of good equipment in the department.
Also, this project would not only help in rehabilitation of rotary slasher, but will help in correcting the maintenance the machines.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this project include the procurement, purchase and replacement of all defective parts on the broken down rotary slasher in the department and extended beyond to all where mowers are utilized.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The word “poultry” came from the French/Norman word poule, itself derived from th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The meteorological station of agricultural and bio environmental engineering was misused and there was no power maintenance of the instrument...Continue Reading »
3. INSTALLATION OF AUXILIARY WATER SUPPLY NETWORK TO THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL AND BIO-ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover page i Fly page ii Title page iii Approval page iv Declaration v Dedication vi Acknowledgement vii Table of contents viii List...Continue Reading »
4. INSTALLATION OF AUXILIARY WATER SUPPLY NETWORK IN THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL AND BIO-ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Through a constant series of research and development, It was suggested that groundwater is a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction The top of the injector nozzle has a lot of holes to deliver a spray of diesel/petrol fuel into the cylinder. The higher ...Continue Reading »
6. INSTALLATION OF A CROP PROCESSING SIDE LABORATORY IN THE AGRICULTURE AND BIO ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT» ABSTRACT The crop processing side laboratory dealt with in this project ,or involved in this project, was initiated for a long period in this departme...Continue Reading »
7. TO INSTALLATION OF AN AUXILIARY WATER SUPPLY NETWORK TO THE TANK AND TO OTHER UNITS IN THE DEPARTMENT FROM THE ALREADY CONSTRUCTED BOREHOLE IN AGRICUL...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study Water is the most essential commodity for the sustenance of life. Water makes everything grow but, there is a ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract vii CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Backgr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Fabrication workshop is a very important part of the Department. It handles a great responsibility of practical and Fabrication related c...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Agricultural mechanization has been suggested as an effective for the development of agriculture in Nigeria. This study was conducted to have...Continue Reading »