Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Music had long already made its appearance in the movie theatres; “a paid pianist was present to perform at the Lumiere brother's first film screening in 1895” (Wierzbicki, 2009). This tradition continued through the early silent films (comedies or expressionist), which had live music played mainly through improvisation with the aid of cue sheets, at each showing of the film (ReelRunDown, 2016).
Music, when properly utilized can serve several purposes including establishing: Mood, emotion and atmosphere including a sense of expectation in the audience Place/Geographic location, Period/Time references, Style and connecting otherwise unrelated scenes, and also to create contradictions, Character (character themes and leitmotifs whose flourishing can be traced back to the time of Wagner’s “music dramas”), Alternating perception of time and space Music can even be used to put a judgment on certain movie scenes (Hoffmann, 2011) Film as a medium first arrived Nigeria in the late 19th century, in the form of peephole viewing of motion picture devices.
The Nollywood movies that have any decent film score are most often created by foreign composers and sound designers. Consequently, due to the ever increasing exchange rates, this phenomenon often racks up the costs of production, discouraging film producers, and thereby making mediocrity ubiquitous. This is not to say, however, that it is all doom and gloom in the industry, as some Nigerian movie producers today, go out their way to “get it right”, even though they are just unfortunately in the minority, which should not be the case in an industry as conspicuous as Nollywood. This study attempts to appraise the use of music in The Wedding Party movie. The Wedding Party was commercially released in December, 2016.
Even though the Nollywood industry is one of the biggest in the world in terms of revenue, it is still emerging in terms of the movie soundtrack and film score. Unlike the Hollywood, the art of creating music for films has not been sufficiently developed in Nollywood. The ability to perceive emotions in music is said to develop early in childhood, and improves significantly throughout development (Dowling, 2002). However, the ability to convey emotions through music in media such as film is a much more specialized concept. Davis observed that, Successful film scoring is not a matter of just writing good music; it is writing good music that supports a dramatic situation. That means finding the heart and soul of the film and expressing it in music. (Davis, 2009)
The Wedding Party is a Nigerian romantic comedy drama film, directed by Kemi Adetiba that tells the story of the shenanigans that go on during the planning of a Nigerian wedding in Nigeria. The movie was released in December, 2016 and went on to become the highest ever grossing Nollywood movie barely four months after. A coalition of stakeholders and creative minds worked on the production of this movie that it was no surprise how well the movie did in the Box Office. Dr. Bayo Adepetun and Michael “Truth” Ogunlade collaborated to produce the film score and fortunately the score was a quite copacetic feature of the film, and most likely the most career defining score for them. Even though some critics have described the movie as an extended music video, probably due to the fact that it is a star-studded production, and its extended use of pop songs, the writer believes that the use of pop songs was quite appropriate because that is what is obtainable in a typical Nigerian wedding party.Accordingly, the above background substantiates the need to investigate how music was used in The Wedding Party.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The study on the appraisal of the use of music in the wedding party movie came as a result of producing a movie without purposeful film score accompanying the picture to effectively communicate the story and accurately convey the emotions of the scenes. Furthermore, film scoring, as exploited by the new crop of filmmakers, directors, producers, and composers has not yet come around to be appraised for its technical advancements and aesthetic improvement from the status quo. Finally, most of the research has been carried out appraisal of the use of music but not even a single research has been carried out on an appraisal of the use of music in the wedding party movie.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the study is to examine the appraisal of the use of music in the wedding party movie. Other specific objectives of the study include:
1. to examine the form and function of the music used in the wedding party.
2. to evaluate the interaction between the music and the drama in the wedding party.
3. to determine the level of conformity to the international best practices of the use of music, in the wedding party.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is the form and function of the music used in the wedding party?
2. What is the interaction between the music and the drama in the wedding party?
3. How does the music used in The Wedding Party conform to the international best practice?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: the use of music in the wedding party movie is low
H1: the use of music in the wedding party movie is high
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on the appraisal of the use of music in the wedding party movie will be of immense benefit to the entire nollywood in the sense that it will widen the sense of movie directors and producers to see the need to use music that can interpret the actions and emotions inform of songs for a better understanding of the viewers. Finally the study will contribute to the body of existing literature and knowledge in this field of study and provide a basis for further research.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on an appraisal of the use of music in the wedding party movie will be limited to the nollywood.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Appraisal: An act of assessing something or someone.
Music:Music is an art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound organized in time.
Wedding:A ceremony where two people are united in marriage.
Party:a social event at which a group of people meet to talk, eat, drink, dance, etc., often in order to celebrate a special occasion:
Movie: motion picture, moving picture, theatrical film, or photoplay, is a series of still images that, when shown on a screen, create the illusion of moving images.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ADULT EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AWARENESS OF RISK FACTOR AND THERAPEUTIC INTERVENTION IN THE MANAGEMENT OF PNEUNONIA AMONG ELDERLY IN UMUOFOR UMUCHOKE COMMUNITY EHIME MBANO» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Pneumonia is a more important concern in old people older than 65 years than younger individuals....Continue Reading »
2. CORRELATION BETWEEN ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE – IN – ENGLISH: A CASE STUDY OF MELL STUDENTS, USMANU DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction This section is aimed at giving a general introduction regarding the study. It discusses the background to ...Continue Reading »
3. PERCEPTION OF AGING AND KNOWLEDGE OF AGING ISSUES AMONG THE NIGERIAN YOUTH: IMPLICATIONS FOR SOCIAL POLICY.» ABSTRACT The growing percentage of the elderly in the population has raised questions about societies’ ability to meet their needs and about the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of study undergraduates’ perception on courtship and its influence on pre marital sex is to examine the undergraduates’ p...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF ADULT EDUCATION PROGRAMMES IN POVERTY ALLEVIATION STRATEGIES IN EDO STATE (A CASE STUDY OF EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study One of the most disturbing features of the world particularly the third world countries to which Nige...Continue Reading »
6. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FAKE DRUGS AND PEOPLE'S PERCEPTION OF HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM IN ONITSHA» Abstract The study was carried out on the relationship between fake drugs and peoples’ perception of health care delivery system in Onitsha. The...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT "On a daily basis, Nigerian women are beaten, raped and even murdered by members of their family for supposed transgressions, which can range...Continue Reading »
8. TREATMENT AND PREVENTION OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE: A CASE STUDY OF EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EDO STATE» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Prior to the invention of modern medications, infectious disease were generally incurable, and treatment was ...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT IN ADULT LITERACY PROGRAMMES IN IKPOBA-OKHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria as a developing country has evolved from stage to stage since the period of Colonialism. ...Continue Reading »
10. APPRAISING THE IMPACT OF COSTING TECHNIQUES ON PROFITABILITY (A STUDY OF MOSMANN WATER COMPANY LTD, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STDUY Costing technique is the process depending upon the purpose for which management require informat...Continue Reading »