Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 46 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 HISTORICAL BACK GROUND
Antibiotics are chemicals when the chemical are put into the body; they stop the growth of kinds of germs. They help the body to fight diseases. More than 3,000 years ago ancient people stumbled over the discovery that some moulds could be used as a cure. The egyptians, the chinese, and indians of central American would use mold to treat rashes and infected would. At that time they didn’t understand either diseases or treatment. As time went on, people began to gain some insight of disease. In the 1860 Louis Pasteur Shaw that many disease were caused it bacteria. Later he discovered that we may be able to fight germ and other microbes. It was two German doctors, who were first to make an effective medication form microbes. Kudo if and Emmerich and Oscar has conducted their experiment in the 1890. They proved that germ that would for another. All the men did was to take the germ from infected bandages and grow then in a test tube. They would then isolate a particular germ that caused green in factions in open would. This germs was bacteria called Bacillus pyoicyaneus. They put then into another test tube containing other type of bacteria, it was then it happened that the bacillus pyocyaneus wiped out the other disease germ. The germs that was killed were those that caused cholera, typhoid, diphtheria and anthrau. From this the two men created a medication that they called pyoanase, it was the first antibiotics used in hospitals.
In 1928 Alexander Fleming, a Scottish scientist, discovered penicillin, the first antibiotics. He was keeping in a petn dish when a speck of mold fell in, it cause the mold to grow on the nutrient agar used to feed the bacteria. Surpassingly, it stopped the growth of the bacteria. Fleming through the mold called penicillin notatum produced a substance that killed the bacteria and so called it penicillin. However, he was not able to entrant it from broth in which he grew the mold.
In 1945, Waksman used the word antibiotics for the first time and proposed that it can be defined as a chemical substance of microbial origin that possesses antibiotic powers. He discovered a drug called streptomycin. It onginated frommicrobes found in soil and was a cure for many intestinal diseases. Now antibiotics like penicillin and streptomycin was discovered. Each was effective against certain disease, but scientist wanted more. Doctors however, anted broad spectrum drug. That is a single antibiotics that could cure many disease
The search proved successful one laboratory discovered Aureonycin, which is a drug that does the job of penicillin and streptomycin. Another laboratory discovered chloromycin.
In 1949, yet another laboratory came with one of the effective antibiotics ever found, terranycin. This drug could be used against many bacteria disease (Katzung, 1994).
1.2 AIMS AND OBJECTIVE
1. To identify causative organism that are delectious to mans health.
2. To determine the potency of the different antibiotics.
3. To know the type of organism sensitive to the different antibiotics.
H0- Streptomycin is more effective
H1 – Streptonyin is not effective
H2 - Chloramphenicol is not effective
H3- Chloramphenicol is not effective
H4- Gentamicin is more effective
H5 –Gentanicin is not effective
H6 – Comparing the strength of the three antibiotics.
1.4 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Due to the problem encountered in Enugu Urban (obiagu), most people abuse antibiotics owing to the general belief that antibiotics can be used in the treatment of all kinds of diseases. This can result to drug resist. Accumulation of these drugs can lead to internal denage. Hence this study which compares the antimicrobial strength of three antibiotics.
1.5 SCOPE OF STUDY
This work will be limited to the maximum inhibitory concentration and know the organism sensitive to the different antibiotics under certain temperature.
1.6 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Limited time in making research for the project work.
2) Inharailability of equipment and reagents in the course of carrying out the work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Democratic Control are democratic organization controlled by their members, who actively participate in settin...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTANT IN A CORPORATE FINANCIAL ORGANISATION CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA (ADO BRANCH) ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Corporate Financial organizations are setup with the principal objective of creating wealth for ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work “Computerized Audit System: Issues, Problems and Prospects” (A Case Study of Akintola Williams Deloitte Abuja)...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research was aimed at finding out the impact of public sector accounting in Nigeria financial control system using Esan south east local...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Inventories constitute the most significant part of current events of a large majority of compani...Continue Reading »
6. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCE ACCOUNTING IN NIGERIA A CASE STUDY OF NSUKKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT The title of this research work is, problems and prospects of local government finance/accounting in Nigeria” with particular reference...Continue Reading »
7. IFRS ADOPTION AND VALUE RELEVANCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION: A STUDY OF LISTED INSURANCE FIRMS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Accounting literatures on value relevance research dates back to early 1960s with the remarkable ...Continue Reading »
8. BANK SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES AND OFF BALANCE SHEET ACTIVITIES OF QUOTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study assesses the relationship between Bank Specific Attributes and Off balance Sheet Activities of Quoted Deposit Money Banks in Niger...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has been in existence for years. It is regarded the larges...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In Nigeria we see a lot of individuals who suffer from one health challenge to the other. Some of these health challenges could have been pre...Continue Reading »