Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work examined the relevance of financial ratio analysis in the appraisal of small scale business with particular reference to Mr. Biggs fast food in cross river state. The study examined the establishing of the extent to which accounting ratio can be used to interpret accounting records of small scale business, finding and analysing the meaning of financial ratio analysis to the researcher knowledge and understanding of financial statement of the company, to establish the effect of ratio analysis on the users of financial statement and to highlight available ratios for measuring the true state of performance of company. The data were collected from both primary and secondary sources, while primary data was collected by the use of questionnaires; the secondary data were based on readings from textbooks, internet and journals. Data from the response to questionnaire was presented using the statistical tool Chi- square. From the analysis, the findings showed that non challant attitude in the use of financial statement affects small scale business; obsolete use of data affects small scale business and also that lack of competent management affect small scale business. It was however recommended that the retained earnings of the small scale business should be properly invested in order to have more capital for business
CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Financial ratio analysis assumes that there is a relationship between certain aspects of the activities of the firm as revealed in the income statements, Accounting figures reported in the financial statement do not provide Profit and loss account and the balance sheet, which established a pattern of behaviour. The information contained in the financial statement of a company is connected with the financial well being and performance of the reporting entity, organized to enable users of financial statement to draw a conclusion meaningful understanding of the performance of the financial position of a firm, except the figure are analyzed with other relevant information through the use of financial ratio analysis.Having established the fact that a ratio is useful and reliable in measuring the relationship between two things, this then gives rise to the need to study the relevance of the financial ratio in the appraisal of small scale business.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The study is beset by a lot of problems which include:- Problems of non-challant attitude on the use of financial ratio in the interpretation of accounting records of small scale business- Lack of available ratio for measuring the state performance of a company- Lack of competent management- Obsolete use of data.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main purpose of this study is to identify and consequently analyze the relevance of financial ratios in the appraisal of small scale companies in Cross river state.In view of the above, the researcher intends to find the following:- To establish the extent to which accounting ratio can be use to interpret accounting records of small scale business.- To identify the available ratio for measuring the state of performance of a company.- To established the effect of ratio analysis on the users of financial statement.- To ensure current dataâs are use in small scale business.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study will examine the following questions:- Dose non-challant attitude in the use of financial statement affects small scale business?- Is ratio analysis a measure of quality into consideration when measuring the performance of the firm?- Does obsolete use of data affect small scale business?- Is ratio analysis a dependable tool of financial analysis?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
Based on the problems and objectives, the following hypotheses are formulated for study.Hypotheses1H0: Non-challant attitude in the use of financial statement does not affect small scale business
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ACCOUNTING INFORMATION AND MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING IN NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 9TH MILE CONER NGWO» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to Reece, (1975), the accounting profession essentially involves the supply of information to decis...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on the effect of cost accounting techniques on the performance of SMEs in portharcourt. The total population for the study is 2...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF INFLATION ON REPORTED PROFIT FOR DECISION MAKING IN FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The principal objective of this research is to ascertain the Impact of Sustainability Reporting on Corporate Performance of Selected Quoted C...Continue Reading »
4. BUDGETARY PLANNING AND CONTROL AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES (A CASE OF PAN-AFRICAN UNIVERSITY, LAGOS).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study There is a great need for effective planning and management of resources and the coordinating of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work deals with the challenges of internal audit function in the Nigerian public sector with reference to Kaduna state ministry...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF POOR ACCOUNTING RECORDS IN SMALL AND MEDIUM PROFIT MAKING ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF ASA VENTURES LTD, OZORO, ISOKO NORTH L.G.A)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Proper accounting record is very vital for the survival of business in any making organization as...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION There has been a lot of observations and comments on the effect of computer as it relates to the accounting profession in Nig...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON ORGANIZATION PERFORMANCE. (A CASE STUDY OF ZENITH BANK PLC» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The world today is shaped by the advancement in the field of information and communication technology (ICT). T...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM AS AN AID TO MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING ( A CASE STUDY OF UNILORIN BURSARY DEPARTMENT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background to the study Every organization both profit or non profit organization has its objectives and goals in min...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF THE HOUSING CONDITION AND SOCIO ECONOMIC LIFESTYLES OF SLUM DWELLERS IN AKURE NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Slums are home to the poorest of urban populations in Africa. The houses inhabited by slum dwelle...Continue Reading »