Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work examined the relevance of financial ratio analysis in the appraisal of small scale business with particular reference to Mr. Biggs fast food in cross river state. The study examined the establishing of the extent to which accounting ratio can be used to interpret accounting records of small scale business, finding and analysing the meaning of financial ratio analysis to the researcher knowledge and understanding of financial statement of the company, to establish the effect of ratio analysis on the users of financial statement and to highlight available ratios for measuring the true state of performance of company. The data were collected from both primary and secondary sources, while primary data was collected by the use of questionnaires; the secondary data were based on readings from textbooks, internet and journals. Data from the response to questionnaire was presented using the statistical tool Chi- square. From the analysis, the findings showed that non challant attitude in the use of financial statement affects small scale business; obsolete use of data affects small scale business and also that lack of competent management affect small scale business. It was however recommended that the retained earnings of the small scale business should be properly invested in order to have more capital for business
CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Financial ratio analysis assumes that there is a relationship between certain aspects of the activities of the firm as revealed in the income statements, Accounting figures reported in the financial statement do not provide Profit and loss account and the balance sheet, which established a pattern of behaviour. The information contained in the financial statement of a company is connected with the financial well being and performance of the reporting entity, organized to enable users of financial statement to draw a conclusion meaningful understanding of the performance of the financial position of a firm, except the figure are analyzed with other relevant information through the use of financial ratio analysis.Having established the fact that a ratio is useful and reliable in measuring the relationship between two things, this then gives rise to the need to study the relevance of the financial ratio in the appraisal of small scale business.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The study is beset by a lot of problems which include:- Problems of non-challant attitude on the use of financial ratio in the interpretation of accounting records of small scale business- Lack of available ratio for measuring the state performance of a company- Lack of competent management- Obsolete use of data.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main purpose of this study is to identify and consequently analyze the relevance of financial ratios in the appraisal of small scale companies in Cross river state.In view of the above, the researcher intends to find the following:- To establish the extent to which accounting ratio can be use to interpret accounting records of small scale business.- To identify the available ratio for measuring the state of performance of a company.- To established the effect of ratio analysis on the users of financial statement.- To ensure current dataâs are use in small scale business.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study will examine the following questions:- Dose non-challant attitude in the use of financial statement affects small scale business?- Is ratio analysis a measure of quality into consideration when measuring the performance of the firm?- Does obsolete use of data affect small scale business?- Is ratio analysis a dependable tool of financial analysis?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
Based on the problems and objectives, the following hypotheses are formulated for study.Hypotheses1H0: Non-challant attitude in the use of financial statement does not affect small scale business
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION ON BANK LENDING DECISION A CASE STUDY OF UNITED BANK OF AFRICA» ABSTRACT Information is considered as a vital tool in any decision situation. Since we are aware that commercial banks make decision regularly on appl...Continue Reading »
2. ANALYSIS OF BUSINESS OBJECTIVE AND THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENT THROUGH EFFECTIVE COST CONTROL (A Case Study Of Lake Concrete Industries Limited, Enugu State)» ABSTRACT This study is centered on the analysis of business objective and their accomplishment through effective cost control in lake concerted indust...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In this research work titled the impact of internal auditing on the profitability of money deposit bank with particular reference to First Ba...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT vi One of the major macroeconomic variables that compliment bank performance is availability of capital. Economic theories show that inadequa...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPLEMENTATION OF STANDARD COSTING AND VARIANCE ANALYSIS IN NIGERIA MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A CASE STUDY OF FIG BREWERY LIMITED, UMUNEDE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Cost accounting in a specials branch of accounting that serve in both external and internal. In e...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The consolidation of banks has been the major policy instrument being adopted in correcting defic...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF STOCK CONTROL PROFIT MAXIMISATION IN MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY LIMITED, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION • BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Stock is frozen cash and as such should be given the same if not more priority than liquid cas...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The desire to uplift one’s society is the first desire of every patriotic citizen. Tax payment ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study analyzed gender stereotype in select Nigerian home videos, specifically with a view to finding out how men and women are stereotype...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE COURSE ALLOCATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN» ABSTRACT On this project, the purpose of the course allocation management system is to develop with ease and smoothen the course management allocation...Continue Reading »