Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work examined the relevance of financial ratio analysis in the appraisal of small scale business with particular reference to Mr. Biggs fast food in cross river state. The study examined the establishing of the extent to which accounting ratio can be used to interpret accounting records of small scale business, finding and analysing the meaning of financial ratio analysis to the researcher knowledge and understanding of financial statement of the company, to establish the effect of ratio analysis on the users of financial statement and to highlight available ratios for measuring the true state of performance of company. The data were collected from both primary and secondary sources, while primary data was collected by the use of questionnaires; the secondary data were based on readings from textbooks, internet and journals. Data from the response to questionnaire was presented using the statistical tool Chi- square. From the analysis, the findings showed that non challant attitude in the use of financial statement affects small scale business; obsolete use of data affects small scale business and also that lack of competent management affect small scale business. It was however recommended that the retained earnings of the small scale business should be properly invested in order to have more capital for business
CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Financial ratio analysis assumes that there is a relationship between certain aspects of the activities of the firm as revealed in the income statements, Accounting figures reported in the financial statement do not provide Profit and loss account and the balance sheet, which established a pattern of behaviour. The information contained in the financial statement of a company is connected with the financial well being and performance of the reporting entity, organized to enable users of financial statement to draw a conclusion meaningful understanding of the performance of the financial position of a firm, except the figure are analyzed with other relevant information through the use of financial ratio analysis.Having established the fact that a ratio is useful and reliable in measuring the relationship between two things, this then gives rise to the need to study the relevance of the financial ratio in the appraisal of small scale business.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The study is beset by a lot of problems which include:- Problems of non-challant attitude on the use of financial ratio in the interpretation of accounting records of small scale business- Lack of available ratio for measuring the state performance of a company- Lack of competent management- Obsolete use of data.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main purpose of this study is to identify and consequently analyze the relevance of financial ratios in the appraisal of small scale companies in Cross river state.In view of the above, the researcher intends to find the following:- To establish the extent to which accounting ratio can be use to interpret accounting records of small scale business.- To identify the available ratio for measuring the state of performance of a company.- To established the effect of ratio analysis on the users of financial statement.- To ensure current dataâs are use in small scale business.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study will examine the following questions:- Dose non-challant attitude in the use of financial statement affects small scale business?- Is ratio analysis a measure of quality into consideration when measuring the performance of the firm?- Does obsolete use of data affect small scale business?- Is ratio analysis a dependable tool of financial analysis?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
Based on the problems and objectives, the following hypotheses are formulated for study.Hypotheses1H0: Non-challant attitude in the use of financial statement does not affect small scale business
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The researcher embarked upon this study to help small scale business organization in pinpointing some of the need for auditing and investigat...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 160 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» Abstract This work highlights the nature of the English irregular verbs by identifying what makes them irregular in nature, how this affects or causes...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 96 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. FACTORS AFFECTING THE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS EDUCATION STUDENTS IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL ( A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU NORTH ,ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT This research sets out to investigate the analysis of factors influencing the study of business studies in junior secondary school in Enugu n...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 222 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The work is titled “Taxation System: Its impact on public servant”(A study of Ebonyi State). The work is a critical and objective...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 119 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. THE IMPACT OF MILLENIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS (MDGS) ON THE STANDARD OF LIVING OF RURAL DWELLERS (A CASE STUDY OF IBESIKPO VILLAGE OF AKWA IBOM STATE)» Abstract The accountants the business and the economy are inseparable. They are mostly needed in resolving various conflicting investment decision, in...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 224 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Backgroundof Study Given today’s complex and rapidly changing management climate, most large companies, major insti...Continue Reading »
32 pages | 252 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. BANK SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES AND OFF BALANCE SHEET ACTIVITIES OF QUOTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study assesses the relationship between Bank Specific Attributes and Off balance Sheet Activities of Quoted Deposit Money Banks in Niger...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 28 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Internal control system is the strength of every organization, has become of paramount important ...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 443 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Government organization have played a greater part in the economic growth of any economy, especia...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 1,659 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. OIL AND GAS ACCOUNTING IN NIGERIA (PACTICE, CHALLENGES, SOLUTIONS) (A CASE STUDY OF SHELL NIGERIA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Accounting regulatory bodies usually formulate industry specific standards when an industry has peculiar characteristic of ac...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 302 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING