Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work examined the relevance of financial ratio analysis in the appraisal of small scale business with particular reference to Mr. Biggs fast food in cross river state. The study examined the establishing of the extent to which accounting ratio can be used to interpret accounting records of small scale business, finding and analysing the meaning of financial ratio analysis to the researcher knowledge and understanding of financial statement of the company, to establish the effect of ratio analysis on the users of financial statement and to highlight available ratios for measuring the true state of performance of company. The data were collected from both primary and secondary sources, while primary data was collected by the use of questionnaires; the secondary data were based on readings from textbooks, internet and journals. Data from the response to questionnaire was presented using the statistical tool Chi- square. From the analysis, the findings showed that non challant attitude in the use of financial statement affects small scale business; obsolete use of data affects small scale business and also that lack of competent management affect small scale business. It was however recommended that the retained earnings of the small scale business should be properly invested in order to have more capital for business
CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Financial ratio analysis assumes that there is a relationship between certain aspects of the activities of the firm as revealed in the income statements, Accounting figures reported in the financial statement do not provide Profit and loss account and the balance sheet, which established a pattern of behaviour. The information contained in the financial statement of a company is connected with the financial well being and performance of the reporting entity, organized to enable users of financial statement to draw a conclusion meaningful understanding of the performance of the financial position of a firm, except the figure are analyzed with other relevant information through the use of financial ratio analysis.Having established the fact that a ratio is useful and reliable in measuring the relationship between two things, this then gives rise to the need to study the relevance of the financial ratio in the appraisal of small scale business.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The study is beset by a lot of problems which include:- Problems of non-challant attitude on the use of financial ratio in the interpretation of accounting records of small scale business- Lack of available ratio for measuring the state performance of a company- Lack of competent management- Obsolete use of data.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main purpose of this study is to identify and consequently analyze the relevance of financial ratios in the appraisal of small scale companies in Cross river state.In view of the above, the researcher intends to find the following:- To establish the extent to which accounting ratio can be use to interpret accounting records of small scale business.- To identify the available ratio for measuring the state of performance of a company.- To established the effect of ratio analysis on the users of financial statement.- To ensure current dataâs are use in small scale business.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study will examine the following questions:- Dose non-challant attitude in the use of financial statement affects small scale business?- Is ratio analysis a measure of quality into consideration when measuring the performance of the firm?- Does obsolete use of data affect small scale business?- Is ratio analysis a dependable tool of financial analysis?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
Based on the problems and objectives, the following hypotheses are formulated for study.Hypotheses1H0: Non-challant attitude in the use of financial statement does not affect small scale business
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract Since the study habits has a significant effect on academic achievements and according to the importance of study habits on academic performa...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In this research work titled the impact of internal auditing on the profitability of money deposit bank with particular reference to First Ba...Continue Reading »
3. ASSETS VALUATION AND ITS EFFECT ON THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS OF MANUFACTURING COMPANIES A STUDY OF OBAJANA CEMENT INDUSTRY, KOGI STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is no exaggeration to conclude that the major challenges that beset most Nigerian manufact...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION ON ORGANISATION PREFACE (A CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY ABRAKA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Every morning a nation’s future is born inside a classroom; it is only at the hands of a &l...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The banking industry which is various bank put together to this industry consist of the central, ...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF CASHFLOW ON CONTRACT DELIVERY IN NIGERIA COST CONTROL TECHNIQUES AND THEIR IMPACT ON CONSTRUCTION PROJECT DELIVERY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The construction projects are complex and risky, and it is a great employer of labour. Contractor...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (problems of tax collection in Nigeria) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete project w...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract viii CHAP...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF TAXATION ON DELTA STATE REVENUE (A CASE STUDY OF ISOKO NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Some of the major functions of any government especially developing countries such as Nigeria are...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL AUDIT ON MANAGEMENT CONTROL SUCCESS (CASE STUDY OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE, AKWA IBOM STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The last decade has witnessed several accounting scandals and corporate failures that were blamed...Continue Reading »