Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY:
Corruption and looting of public treasury is a major problem in the public sector accounting. Report from office of statistics Lagos show that our accounting records are balanced in arrears and our financial records are hardly balanced daily, weekly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly basis as appropriate. This was evidenced by Chief Olusegun Obasanjo during his first maiden address to the nation immediately he was sworn-in as the President of the federal republic of Nigeria on the 29th day of May 1999. He stressed that accountability, probity and transparency has suffered a lot set-back especially in the civil service. He therefore suggested that some of the best ways to eliminate this ill in the Nigerian public service are;
The effective use of public accounts; The use of effective legislation;
The effective implementation of government policies programs;
The effective use of auditors of the federal republic of Nigeria among others.
He therefore concluded by saying “when we consider how the public accounting and auditing can grow and develop, we are concerned not only with helping the public accountant or the auditor fill their position, but also with helping the whole.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INTERNAL CONTROL AS AN EFFETIVE MANAGEMENT TOOL IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY.(A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC, ENUGU MAIN)» ABSTRACT This project was carried out with the sole aim of studying an evaluating the internal control system in a banking industry using first Bank o...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 143 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. APPRAISING THE SIGNIFICANCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM TO THE MANAGEMENT OF AKWA IBOM TRANSPORT COMPANY UYO.» ABSTRACT A major function of accounting Information System (AIS) is to provide adequate, timely and reliable financial information to users to help th...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 101 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A business combination takes place when two or more business organization come together to fo...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 116 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Value Added Tax (VAT) is a system of tax recently introduced in Nigeria, which is based on im...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 155 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER TWO REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE Confidence accounting is a new, interesting and radical approach to accounting. Confidence accounting is of u...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 200 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» (A STUDY BOURBON DOCKING NIGERIA LIMITED PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE) ABSTRACT This research work was carried out to find out the importance of invent...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 401 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» INTRODUCTION 1.1.0 Brief Description of the Building Type Primary Health Care (PHC) is driven by a political philosophy that emphasizes a radical chan...Continue Reading »
127 pages | 202 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. THE ROLE OF LEGAL ASSESSMENT ON TENDER OF CONTRACTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF MINISTERIAL TENDER BOARD UNIT, MINISTRY OF INTERIOR, ABUJA)» Abstract All contracts are built upon the basic premise of the meeting of minds, the idea of assent and agreement as to the same thing. This research ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 150 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Fraud means an act of dishonesty, deceit and imposture. According to Kirk Patrick , a person who pretends to the something he is not is...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 190 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Public budgeting as a field of study has grown tremendously in recent years and budgeting is one ...Continue Reading »
111 pages | 108 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING