Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 125 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
No doubt, the advent of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has greatly
impacted human interaction ranging from political, religious, social and business transaction. The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has contributed in a no small measure to the advancement in business transaction as it has taken the manner and channel of commercial transaction beyond the traditional method. Electronic Commerce, though a terminology recently introduced to the psyche of the Nigerian commercial transaction, it is fast gaining ground as it has contributed to the Gross Domestic Development. However, instead of government at national and at international levels to be benefitting from e-commerce in term of revenue to the government, the reverse is the case. Globally, taxation is a vexed question, and taxing electronic commerce creates additional challenges. This notwithstanding, electronic commerce holds tremendous potentials as a formidable source of governmental revenue in the light of globalization and increasing automation of commercial transactions in Nigeria. National and states tax authorities are struggling to find mechanisms to collect the anticipated significant revenues derived from taxing e-commerce profit. Government is yet to feel the impact electronic commerce in terms of revenue generation to the government. Therefore, this work examined the factors proved to be responsible for this ugly situation ranging from the fact that there is no extant law regulating electronic commerce in Nigeria to the archaic law on taxation which makes it practically difficult if not impossible to bring cyber income within the tax box, the ubiquitous nature of cyberspace where this electronic commerce takes place is being exploited as an avenue to evade and avoid tax payment, non-characterisation of electronic commerce to e-commerce in tangible products, intangible products and in services. The work employed the doctrinaire research methodology in analysing some tax statutes relating to taxation, examining the challenges in taxation of e-commerce which includes difficulties in exercising jurisdiction to tax cyber income, displacement of physical presence in electronic transactions, difficulties in assessment and computation of cyber income and lack of wherewithal on the part of the tax authorities in tracing of electronic commerce. It is quite unfortunate that there is no extant law regulating e-commerce in Nigeria the result of which is loss of revenue to the government. The worked was concluded by recommendations which are as a matter of necessity required for effective and efficient means by which e-commerce can be taxed.
1.1 Background to the Study
From the down of history, co-existence among human beings has always been shaped and
reshaped by certain events. These range from natural events and most of the times, events
brought about by man in a quest for better life.
Man‘s quest for a better life has brought about Information and Communication
Technology (ICT) which has greatly affected all aspects of human endeavours. It is a
regime that has shaped various aspect of human behaviour in way that is unprecedented.
The breakthrough in science which led to Information and Communication Technology
(ICT) has led to a world whereby business transactions can be carried out without the
parties involved having to come together physically for negotiation, performance and
payment for the goods bought or the services rendered. This of course is a system that was
not contemplated at the making of our law on business transaction and taxation in Nigeria
which has become a challenge to the government on revenue generation.
There is hardly any government today that does not rely on taxation measures not only to
provide the much needed revenue for socio-economic development but also to reduce the
inequalities in wealth distribution in the society1. Thus the need to finance and sustain
government and its machinery in the discharge of it responsibilities has been the traditional
connotation of taxation.2 In Nigeria like many other countries, the proceeds from taxation
which includes taxation of income profits, capital gains, property, entertainment,
merriment, sales or purchase of goods and services, stamp duties, excise duties, export
1Adeoye I (2008), Significance of Taxation in a Nation, Journal of Private and Commercial Law, Department of Private and Commercial Law, Faculty of Law, University of Ado-Ekiti Nigeria; Vol. 1, p.1 2 Akanle O(1991), The Government, The Constitution and The Tax Payer. In Akanle O.(ed.) Tax Law and Tax Administration, Nigeria Institute of Advance Legal Studies, Lagos, p1
duties etcetera constitute major sources of revenue for the government.3 It is therefore
means that we are in the era of tax consciousness among the various governments of the
Federations4 for each government from the state to Federal government is conscious of the
tax it is entitled to under the law.5
Tax collection and administration in Nigeria in this digital age poses challenges to both
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ACCESSIBILITY OF CREDIT FACILITY FROM FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS BY SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES: EVIDENCE FROM NIGERIA» Abstract This study tries to look at the accessibility of credit facility from financial institutions by small and Medium Scale Enterprises: Evidence ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The banking industry has been known for its intermediary role in providing financial assistance (...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In democratic society, we have many freedoms that we can exercise within certain limits. However, in enjoying our freedom...Continue Reading »
4. MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING TECHNIQUES IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES PLC. ABA)» ABSTRACT This project attempts to establish the vital role which management Accounting techniques play in manufacturing firms , A case study of Nigeri...Continue Reading »
5. AN EVALUATION OF IMPACT OF COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA (UBA) NIGERIA PLC KADUNA» ABSTRACT This research was carried out on the topic, problem and prospect of the computerized Accounting system in Nigeria Banks. Using the United Ban...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine application of new media in Radio Niger, Minna. The study adopted survey research design using questio...Continue Reading »
7. ART AND POLITICS IN WOLE SOYINKA’S THE BEATIFICATION OF AREA BOY AND OLA ROTIMI’S OUR HUSBAND HAS GONE MAD AGAIN» ABSTRACT This study has been able to show how Wole Soyinka and Ola Rotimi have treated politics artistically in their various texts. This study aims a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Every Natural gas well ceases producing as reservoir pressure depletes. The usual liquid presence in the reservoir can cause further problems...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Since the study habits has a significant effect on academic achievements and according to the importance of study habits on academic performa...Continue Reading »
10. EXTENT OF COMPUTER LITERACY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL SCIENCE TEACHERS IN EZZA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» Abstract The research work focused on the extent of Computer Literacy among Secondary School Science Teachers in Ezza South Local Government Area of E...Continue Reading »