Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,500
This study is designed to provide knowledge for costing information and price determination.
The need for cost accounting came with increased industrialization, engineering an expansion in manufacturing. It is therefore obvious that in efficient system of costing is essential for industrial control.
In period of boom, manufacturers are able to show profit notwithstanding the leakage which pass unchecked, but in periods of trade competition concealed inefficiencies have to track down and rigorous control must be exercised to ensure even modest margin profit.
There is not yet an agreed best method of costing products though it may be helpful to recognize that cost allocation are being used to obtain a mutually acceptable price and not necessary to portray caused and effect relationship of cost incurrence. But price determination from cost under efficient operation through efficient cost system will most probably approximate the price of the product to its value.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
1.1 Statement of problem
1.2 Purpose of study
1.3 Significance of limitation of study
1.4 Scope and limitation of study
1.5 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
2.1 Cost determination
2.2 Cost Control
2.3 Fixed and variable cost
2.4 Natural and functional classification cost
2.5 Other theoretical work on cost and pricing
2.6 Price flexibility
2.7 The Nature of Pricing problem
2.8 Limitation of cost oriented price
2.9 Cost bread pricing theories
2.10 Price to achieve corporate objectives
1.0 Research design and methodology
3.1 Sources of data
3.2 Primary sources of data
3.2.1 Personal/Oral interview
3.2.2 Questionnaire method
3.3 Secondary sources of data
3.4 Population and sample size determination
3.5 Method of data collection
3.6 Method of validating the instrument
3.7 Method of data analysis
2.0 Data Presentation, Analysis and Interpretation
4.1 Preliminary information
4.2 Data analysis
4.3 Testing and interpretation of hypothesis
3.0 Summary of Findings, Conclusions and Recommendations
5.1 Summary of findings
Accountancy has been defined by GLAUTER and UNDERDOWN, in their book titled “Accounting theory and practice as “a reporting activity that forms part of any management information system. In this regard, accountings is often explained as sciences of activities that are connected and form successive steps starting with observing, the collecting, recording, analyzing and finally communicating accounting information to its users.
The study of modern cost accounting yields insight regarding both accountants’ role and manager’s role in an organization because managers want to know how accountants measure performance and often depending upon accounting data for guiding their decisions.
Cost accounting has a major purpose of accumulating the cost of an organizations products and services. This aspect is regarded as product costing purpose.
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM:
A view shared by previous researcher on this topic that there has been a shortfall in the utilization of cost accounting information in some organization and their pricing policy decision making. It is right of this that this work attempt to suggest a good system which comprises a set of procedure, records and facilities that have to do with the systematic and routine compilation and dissemination of cost information and price determination.
AMONG THE PROBLEMS TO BE ANALYSED ARE:
(i) To highlight on management inadequate concern over proper pricing guide through cost information.
(ii) Necessary conditions for a costing system.
(iii) Evaluating the present state of the application of the cost information in the determination of price.
(iv) Appropriate basis of preparation of the cost.
1.2 PURPOSE OF STUDY:
The purpose of this study will help to determine how cost accounting information is applied in an organization and how it is used in Price determination, what the researcher has learnt as theories is been put into practice in real life situations, relating to the cost accounting information and price determination. It help the researcher to see the practical application of the principles stated formally by the cost accounting and determining the cause of the short fall in its application and when applied, the advantages therein. It also helps to determine an appropriate condition and environment for prayer comparison and analysis of cost.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS:
In this study, “Cost accounting information and price determination” (A case study of Nigerian Breweries Plc) the following research questions come to mind: They are:
(i) Is Cost accounting information used as a management tool for price determination in Nigerian Breweries Plc?
(ii) Has the application of the Cost accounting information helped Nigerian Breweries to be efficient and effective in its operations?
(iii) What other technique apart from Cost accounting information does Nigerian Breweries employ in decision making?
(iv) Are these other techniques superior to Cost accounting information ?
(v) What problems do Nigerian Breweries encounter in decision making?
1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
Ho: Cost-accounting information is not extensively used or applied in Nigerian Breweries Plc.
Hi: Cost-accounting information is extensively used or applied in Nigerian Breweries Plc.
Ho: The application of cost accounting information has helped in price determination.
Hi: The application of cost accounting information has not helped in price determination.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY:
This work is intended to be of benefit to processing business in general. It is hoped that by improving the profitability of hoped this study has benefited the economy as a whole.
Following the completion of work and the result made available to them, the processor will be in a position to re-examine their cost accounting information and price determination techniques and update them so as to enjoy these benefits available to firms with good cost accounting and price determination techniques and also avoid plugging their business into financial and operating difficulties.
Readers will appreciate other people’s view on cost accounting information and price determination and see the workability of this costing models and price determination system in real life situations.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY:
The scope of this study is restricted to the cost accounting information and its utilization in determining the price of products. should have intended to cover all the manufacturing industries located in different States of the Federation but the researcher intends to limit this topic to only to Nigerian Breweries Plc 9th Mile Depot, Enugu State due to time constraints, distance and financial handicap. The study of Nigerian Breweries 9th Mile Depot Enugu shall also serve other manufacturing companies in States of the Federation since the same techniques are applied in other companies. Therefore, the researcher will rely heavily on the Nigerian Breweries 9th Mile Depot since they have adequate information data relevant to the study.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS:
(i) HISTORICAL ACCOUNTS:
These are financial statements prepared from past activities of the enterprise. Since these are actual figures of cost and revenue obtained in the past, management can determine the price of its product through it.
(ii) COST ACCOUNTING:
This is an element of financial management that generates information about the cost of an organization and its components. As such, cost accounting is a subset of accounting in general.
(iii) INDIRECT COSTS:
There are elements of cost that are associated with or caused by two or more cost objective jointly, but are not directly traceable to each of them individually.
(iv) COST CONTROL:
This is the regulation by executive action the costs of operating an undertaking particularly where such action is guided by cost accounting.
(v) COST CENTRE:
Cost center therefore can be defined as a location, person or item of equipment (or group of these) for which cost may be ascertained and used for purpose of cost control.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE PLANNING ON TEACHING AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT ON TEACHING AND LEARNING OF INTREGRATED SCIENCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigerian Educational System has gone through various developments and changes viz a viz curriculu...Continue Reading »
2. NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE – ITS OPERATIONS AND CONTRIBUTION TO THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE, UYO BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGOUND OF THE STUDY The Nigerian Stock Exchange was founded in 1960 as the Lagos stock Exchange. It started operation ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Financial scandals around the world are blamed on widespread alteration in accounting earnings by managers. Board characteristics are expecte...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF INVENTORY VALUATION ON PROFIT MEASUREMENT OF THE COMPANY (A STUDY OF IDEMS ULTIMATE LIMITED, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to Lucey T. (2009), stocks or inventory is one of the largest and most valuable current...Continue Reading »
» SECTION ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study One of the main decisions that need to be considered by firms is how to finance its day to day op...Continue Reading »
6. THE GAINS OF MICRO FINANCE BANKING SCHEME IN THE NIGERIA ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST MICRO FINANCE BANK OLEH)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The idea of micro finance banking became necessary due to the inability of the previous banking scheme to mobi...Continue Reading »
7. AN EVALUATION OF IMPACT OF COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA (UBA) NIGERIA PLC KADUNA» ABSTRACT This research was carried out on the topic, problem and prospect of the computerized Accounting system in Nigeria Banks. Using the United Ban...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF CORPORATE GOVERNANCE ON DEPOSIT MONEY BANK FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE(CASE STUDY OF UBA BANK)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The issue of corporate governance has recently been given a great deal of attention in various na...Continue Reading »
9. SOCIAL AUDITING AS A TOOL FOR ENHANCING RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF EXXON MOBIL EKET}» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In the era of corporate social responsibility, where corporations are often expected not just to ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Islamic Banking is interest free banking which makes it necessary for Islamic Banks to t...Continue Reading »