Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 47 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
It was due to the participation of the federal government that led to the establishment of various housing operation in Nigeria. Government participation in various housing corporation was due to take of adequate, guidelines and unnecessary high expectation of both public and the government. However, this housing corporation despite the clamor for housing for all vision 2010” (Below year 2010) by government has not been able to meet the high demand of housing in the federation.
The function of the company includes, to acquire, develop, hold, manage, sell lease or led to persons or companies, land, landed properties, residential, houses, officer and industrial buildings within and outside the state.
However, the following are the activities carried out by the company.
Acquisition and development of land or states.
Acquisition, construction and maintenance of repairs of any structure, plant or machinery necessary or desirable for the provision of electricity or connection with any building owned, constructed or managed by the company. Establishment and over securing of any subside ring that may carry out any special programmed building project or needing specialized services in building industries.
Mortgaging and changing any of the real estate properties acquired and to issued out per or at perineum or discount mortgage debenture redeemable or payment or collectable to further secure any securities of the company by trust and deed or other assurance of road, scheme. Provision and maintenance of road, footway, bridges, drain, water courses, open space public amenities for or in connection with the housing estate owned.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Shelter amongst the three basic need of human beings, world over, remain a crucial need for the security and protection of life from external of internal attacks of all sort.
More so, the need to own and the provision of b=human houses to its citizens is a great challenges both to the individuals and government of any county.
However, the building industry or sector is basically that of services whether state or federal housing authority which consequently requires relevant current and effective budgetary. Control strategies that would sustain the surenial of the industry as well as making it profitable. However, the DDPA as a state government owned aim is focused to make sure the problem associated with housing by the people of delta state totally reduce, managed and it possible eradicated.
The firm is faced with problem of improper management and lack of proper financial which has left its official to retort to corruption with nonstandard illegal structure taking away that of its capital “Asaba” and other major towns in the State.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The aims and objective of the researcher on the study is to carry out an investigation and to examine the problem of budgetary deviation in Eternit ltd Sapele with the view to see how the adoption of budgetary control, contribute to its growth thus, the aims and objective of study are;
- To examine the problem of budgetary deviation in the organization with the view to see how the adoption of budgetary control contribute to its growth.
- To study budgeting and budgetary control and the adoption in government organization and parastals with particular reference to DDPA with the aim of pointing out the factors militating against the growth and development of the company.
- To show how budget and budgeting control techniques are use as tools for management efficiency.
- To show how budget and budgetary control techniques are used as tools for management efficiency.
1.4 Significance of the Study
Budget and budgetary control techniques are important aspect of any business as it guarantees that in the event of financial losses in expenditure over estimated revenue, the need for budgetary control devices play a significant role to enable the firm meet up with it services operations by the proper identification of the bottlenecks that can march the survival of such business.
However, the identification of budget and budgetary control problems that have stood against the progress of the “DDPA” with reference to the building sector” in Nigeria will serve as a to all interested parties. The outcome of this work shall be beneficial to the public as it shall be used as a reference point and source of information for others who will have need for further studies in other area that may not be covered by this study.
1.5 Research Questions
i. What advice would you wish to give the organization for the preparation, monitory and execution of budge and budgetary control?
ii. Does your organization operate a budget any control system?
iii. What is your assessment of the operation of the various types of budgets.
iv. Is your organization involve in budget preparation?
1.6 Scope/Delimitation of the Study
This has to do with Eternit Ltd Sapele and how budgets and budgetary control system has make the firm in spite of its short coming to maintain a standard and keep it growing against the imbalance and bottleneck which has crumbled most housing corporation today in Nigeria.
However, its noted, that, many firm has failed in their operation due to the fact that, motive are always centered on the profit maximization of its products without comparing cost sales of the previous year over subsequent .
1.7 Limitation of the Study
The research work is limited to Sapele. The company was selected for this work because it is the leading indigenous company in the stated ranked amongst the top five (5).
Time, finance and lack of adequate information were also limiting factors that did not make study more in-depth and wide it’s also a notable fact that the industry (building) in Nigeria is not given the proper relevance it deserves due to the prevailing harsh economy conditions.
1.8 Definition of Terms
· Client: Is the building owner and be undertakes to finance the project.
· Real Estate: All land together with improvement on land in form of residential properties, roads and different types of civil Engineering constructions like bridges, dam etc attached to land such as plants machinery and fixture.
· Management: Achieving slated objectives usually to produce good s and services by directing human and other resources toward ends objectives.
· System: An organized unitary whole, composed of two or more interdependent part, components or subsystem and delineated by identifiable boundaries from its environment supra system.
· Maintenance: Work undertaken in order to keep restore or improve every facilities.
· Committee: A group of people formally appointed and consider matters laid down by slated term of references.
· P.E.R: Performance evaluation report
· HOD’s: Heads of Departments
· Housing Scheme: A programme set up to provide accommodation for people at no cost or lower cost with a view of not making profit.
· Housing estate: An area in which a number of houses for living in, are planned and built at the same –time.
· I.C.M.A.: Institute of cost and management accounting.
· S.A.S.S: Site and services scheme
· Renovate: Restore old building to good condition
· D.D.P.A.: Delta State Development and property Authority.
· D.D. P.A.: Delta State Development and Property Authority.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Introduction Ordinary Portland Cement (O. P. C): a substance which binds together the particles of aggregates (usually sand and gravel) to form a mass...Continue Reading »
2. SEROPREVALENCE OF RUBELLA VIRUS ANTIBODIES AMONG SCHOOL CHILDREN 0-10 YEARS IN JOS, PLATEAU STATE» ABSTRACT Rubella disease occurs worldwide with seasonal variation and affects both the young and elderly and may present as an acute, mild or asymptom...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Banks have been accused of taking two much risk in unexpected new environments and lines of business. The advice being gi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study The capital market is a highly specialized and organized financial market and indeed essential agent ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The holy book says in Hosea 4:6 my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examined the Impact of non keeping of accounting records in small scale Enterprises in Uyo Metropolis. A survey research method was...Continue Reading »
7. AN INVESTIGATION INTO ACADEMIC INDISCIPLINE AND FAILURE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN (ENGLISH LANGUAGE MATHEMATICS, IGBO LANGUAGE, AGRICULTURAL ...» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the causes and effects of indiscipline among secondary school students in Esan central Local Gov...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This possibility of a firm to survive both in the short run and long run depends on how effective and efficient management of working capital...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Auditing involves the independent examination of an expression person in accordance with the term...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEE PARTICIPATION IN DECISION MAKING IN ORGANIZATIONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF PHCN OLEH DISTRICT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Decision making which is seen as the process of choosing from alternative is a part of our every ...Continue Reading »