Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 134 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Gombe being a new state capital, is faced with new and increasing physical
planning and developmental programmes. There are problems of Planning,
implementation and management of recreational facilities especially as it relates to the
changing forms of recreation in the town.
Recreational activities are observed to have been changing, this changes has some
implications on existing facilities and services, and therefore requires the input of
The focus of this study is therefore to analyse the nature and pattern of these
changes in all the forms of recreation in Gombe, with the view to determining the most
appropriate recreational facilities that are consistent with the preference of the people.
The underlying factors for the changes in recreational activities are determined.
The implications of the changes on physical planning are also determined.
An appropriate Planning standard adopted and planning proposals made. It is
proposed that the plan be implemented in three phases. The funding should involve the
public, private and voluntary organizations. Recreational facilities be managed by the
Gombe Recreation and Tourism Corporation (GRTC). Proper recreation planning and
development in our cities can play an important role in enhancing an acceptable quality
THE DESIGN OF THE STUDY
Throughout history, man has sought for and recreate in one form or the
other. History has shown that every community has always devised its recreational
activities and sometimes adopted those of other communities. Recreation is an
activity in which an individual or group of persons engages by choice to derive
personal satisfaction in terms of relaxation, entertainment, personal development
and well being. Recreation is fundamental in human life. It is needed and carried
out in various forms by human being. Recreation facilities create demand for land
and specialized facilities. Therefore, planners try to make adequate plans for the
future by providing information about both the present situation of recreational
facilities as well as the demand.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
Gombe town, like most urban centres in the developing countries has both
traditional and modern forms of recreational activities. These cities have
continued to experience changes in the patterns of recreation interms of types of
facilities and usage.
These changes are observed in Gombe where some traditional forms of
recreational activities such as ‘Langa’ sharo; ‘gada’ etc are changing and being
replaced with modern forms of recreational activities such as footballing, athletics,
cinema viewing, etc. Also in Gombe, there are groups which organizes some
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION OF JACANRANDA POTTERY FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF TOURISM IN CHIKUN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE.» ABSTRACT This research work is focused on the development and promotion of JacarandaPottery for sustainabletourism in ChikunLocal Government of Kaduna...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 366 hits | Source: URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study We live in a world shaped by human migration. Everyday people make decisions to leave their hometown,...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 79 hits | Source: URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
3. EFFECT OF POPULATION GROWTH ON LAND RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT: A CASE STUDY IN ABA URBAN OF ABIA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The common problem facing most state in Nigeria today is how to improve the standard of living of the vast majority of their ...Continue Reading »
38 pages | 0 hits | Source: URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study The generation and disposal of waste is an intrinsic part of any developing or industrial society. Wa...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 312 hits | Source: URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
5. MANAGING THE PROCESS OF RELOCATION AND RESETTLEMENT OF INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS IN URBAN AREAS: THE CASE OF ORLU IMO STATE» Abstract Nearly every industrializing country has faced the overwhelming demands for housing, employment, urban services and the problems of prolifera...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 386 hits | Source: URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
6. IMPACT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS AND FOOD SECURITY IN ESSIEN UDIM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Open air market serves as an institution for the exchange of goods and services, a place for actu...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 479 hits | Source: URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
7. ASSESSING THE SPATIAL DISTRIBUTION AND LOCATIONAL IMPACT OF PETROL SERVICE STATIONS ON UVWIE LGA, DELTA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study The technological initiative of man towards the development of automobile and the discovery of petrol...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 290 hits | Source: URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
8. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SITES AND SERVICES PROGRAMME IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Housing has been a major problem in Urban areas in the developing countries, particularly the low income group. One of the strategies adopted...Continue Reading »
86 pages | 20 hits | Source: URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Rural areas are a key sector in every nation’s economy and their rapid development and modernization hav...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 508 hits | Source: URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING
10. FACTORS INFLUENCING MAIZE PRODUCTION AMONG SMALL SCALE FARMERS IN KENYA, A CASEOF BUNGOMA CENTRAL SUB COUNTY» ABSTRACT The purpose for this study was to investigate factors influencing maize production among small scale farmers of Bungoma Central Sub County, K...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 359 hits | Source: URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING