Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 134 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Gombe being a new state capital, is faced with new and increasing physical
planning and developmental programmes. There are problems of Planning,
implementation and management of recreational facilities especially as it relates to the
changing forms of recreation in the town.
Recreational activities are observed to have been changing, this changes has some
implications on existing facilities and services, and therefore requires the input of
The focus of this study is therefore to analyse the nature and pattern of these
changes in all the forms of recreation in Gombe, with the view to determining the most
appropriate recreational facilities that are consistent with the preference of the people.
The underlying factors for the changes in recreational activities are determined.
The implications of the changes on physical planning are also determined.
An appropriate Planning standard adopted and planning proposals made. It is
proposed that the plan be implemented in three phases. The funding should involve the
public, private and voluntary organizations. Recreational facilities be managed by the
Gombe Recreation and Tourism Corporation (GRTC). Proper recreation planning and
development in our cities can play an important role in enhancing an acceptable quality
THE DESIGN OF THE STUDY
Throughout history, man has sought for and recreate in one form or the
other. History has shown that every community has always devised its recreational
activities and sometimes adopted those of other communities. Recreation is an
activity in which an individual or group of persons engages by choice to derive
personal satisfaction in terms of relaxation, entertainment, personal development
and well being. Recreation is fundamental in human life. It is needed and carried
out in various forms by human being. Recreation facilities create demand for land
and specialized facilities. Therefore, planners try to make adequate plans for the
future by providing information about both the present situation of recreational
facilities as well as the demand.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
Gombe town, like most urban centres in the developing countries has both
traditional and modern forms of recreational activities. These cities have
continued to experience changes in the patterns of recreation interms of types of
facilities and usage.
These changes are observed in Gombe where some traditional forms of
recreational activities such as ‘Langa’ sharo; ‘gada’ etc are changing and being
replaced with modern forms of recreational activities such as footballing, athletics,
cinema viewing, etc. Also in Gombe, there are groups which organizes some
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS AND FOOD SECURITY IN ESSIEN UDIM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Open air market serves as an institution for the exchange of goods and services, a place for actu...Continue Reading »
2. ASSESSEMENT OF LANDSCAPE PLANNING IN NIGERIA URBAN CENTERS, A CASES STUDY OF OSOGBO CITY IN OSUN STATE. NIGERIA» ABSTRACT A field survey was carried out at eight (8) locations (Powerline, Sabo, Oja oba, Oke ayepe, Oke baale, Dagbolu, Aiyetoro and Isale osun) sele...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT One of the most serious problems of urban housing provision in Nigeria, and in particular Anantigha Calabar metropolis, is the issue of poor ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Transportation encompasses the movement of people, goods and services from one point of origin to...Continue Reading »
5. EVALUATION OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF IDHEZE COMMUNITY IN ISOKO-SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT Generally, development has always being to the favour of the urban Areas, thus creating disparities between the Urban and Rural Area, which i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study We live in a world shaped by human migration. Everyday people make decisions to leave their hometown,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Rural areas are a key sector in every nation’s economy and their rapid development and modernization hav...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Floods are among the most devastating natural disasters and cost many lives every year (Dilley et al. 2005). Flooding ser...Continue Reading »
9. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SITES AND SERVICES PROGRAMME IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Housing has been a major problem in Urban areas in the developing countries, particularly the low income group. One of the strategies adopted...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The property market is a major receptacle of foreign direct investment and the extent of its deve...Continue Reading »