Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 17 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Shortage of adequate housing virtually abounds in every country, particularly in the developing and third world countries. The shortage, in both quantitative and qualitative terms, is more acute in the urban centres. Omojinmi (2000) observed that people that sleep in indecent houses in urban Nigeria are more than people who sleep in decent houses. Thus, it is assertive that there is inadequacy in housing to cope with the ever-increasing population in Nigeria (Arayela, 2003). The causes of this dearth in housing are numerous. High construction cost is found to be present in all countries, albeit in varying degrees of significance (Adedeji, 2007). Afolayan (1987) attributes the high cost of construction to rising cost of building materials, inflation rate in the economy, high space and quality standard adopted by designers, professional fees for housing design and construction, excessive profit of contractors and 10% interest payable on National Housing Fund in Nigeria (NHF).Cases of high cost of housing compared to the low salaries of civil servants in Nigeria could be seen in the sale of 2-bedroom bungalows at Otedola Estate in Lagos, which according to LSG (1999) was the cheapest obtainable and the subsequent sale of 2-bedroom flat at Ikorodu by LSDPC (Lagos State Development and Property Corporation) at N1.7 Million. The research intends to investigate the delivery of low income housing in Nigeria ;its challenges and prospect.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The inability of many Nigerian workers to afford good housing has grown to a greater dimension, the implication resulting in low morale and productivity. However in view of the significance of housing delivery it is pertinent that the issue of housing delivery be properly addressed. The research intends to investigate the delivery of low income housing in Nigeria; its prospect and challenges
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1 What is the nature of low income housing delivery in Nigeria
2 What constitute the challenges and prospect of low income housing delivery in Nigeria
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1. To appraise the nature of low income housing delivery in Nigeria
2 To determine the nature of the challenges of low income housing delivery in Nigeria
3 To appraise the prospect of low income housing delivery in Nigeria
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research shall provide an assessment of the challenges and prospect of low income housing delivery in Nigeria and shall serve as a veritable source of information on low income housing delivery.
1.6 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
1 H0 The delivery of low income housing in Nigeria is low
H1 The delivery of low income housing in Nigeria is high
2 H0 The challenges of low income delivery in Nigeria is high
H1 The challenges of low income delivery in Nigeria is low
3 H0 The prospect of low income delivery in Nigeria is low
H1 The prospect of low income delivery in Nigeria is high
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is focused on the assessment of the delivery of low income housing in Nigeria .It analyzes the challenges and prospect of the delivery of low income housing in Nigeria.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. FACTORS INFLUENCING MAIZE PRODUCTION AMONG SMALL SCALE FARMERS IN KENYA, A CASEOF BUNGOMA CENTRAL SUB COUNTY» ABSTRACT The purpose for this study was to investigate factors influencing maize production among small scale farmers of Bungoma Central Sub County, K...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Transportation encompasses the movement of people, goods and services from one point of origin to...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is on land reforms in Nigeria, issues, challenges and solutions. This study was guided by the following objectives; To provide an ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the differentials that exist in rents between town center and peri urban in bukuru. It took into consideration variab...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF POPULATION GROWTH ON LAND RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT: A CASE STUDY IN ABA URBAN OF ABIA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The common problem facing most state in Nigeria today is how to improve the standard of living of the vast majority of their ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Housing, literally is defined as buildings or other shelters in which people live, a place to liv...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Rural areas are a key sector in every nation’s economy and their rapid development and modernization hav...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS AND FOOD SECURITY IN ESSIEN UDIM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Open air market serves as an institution for the exchange of goods and services, a place for actu...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSEMENT OF LANDSCAPE PLANNING IN NIGERIA URBAN CENTERS, A CASES STUDY OF OSOGBO CITY IN OSUN STATE. NIGERIA» ABSTRACT A field survey was carried out at eight (8) locations (Powerline, Sabo, Oja oba, Oke ayepe, Oke baale, Dagbolu, Aiyetoro and Isale osun) sele...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSING THE SPATIAL DISTRIBUTION AND LOCATIONAL IMPACT OF PETROL SERVICE STATIONS ON UVWIE LGA, DELTA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study The technological initiative of man towards the development of automobile and the discovery of petrol...Continue Reading »