Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of this study is to examine the electronic office device equipment used by secretaries in modern business organization and its implication for efficiency in work output. The population comprises of the secretaries in imo state secretariat. A total number of 40 questionnaires were distributed and all were returned
The collected data were analyzed by means of frequency distributions, tables, percentages and ranking methods the researcher identified the various types of equipment that can be used by the secretaries n performing their duties. Most of these modern office equipment were not available over not adequate, for use by the secretary some of the major factors responsible for the inadequacy of these equipments over lack of fund and negative attitude on the side of the executives
Finally, recommendations were made on how to remedy the situation and enhance the efficiency of the secretary, which will result to an increase in work output.
1.0 Background of the study
Electronic office equipment refers to those machines or tools designed for carrying out office functions. Office equipments and machines involved are annually or mechanically used in carrying out secretarial and office functions. They are numerous and are invarous sizes and shapes. These machines and equipments are self sufficient, by testing they are self propelled and operates with a minimum of human intervention, Ohakwe (2005) the tremendous in office equipments in the last few decades has caved a evolutional changes in both the nature of office work and the role of secretaries. In modern business offices today, them issue of electronic office equipment are mainly in the area of computers and work processors which posed a lot of challenges to secretaries in modern business organizations or offices
The modern business offices are adorned with the use of new machines like computers photocopiers, word processors etc. and if these equipments are skillfully used by secretaries the organizational goals will be achieved. In recent time. The electronic office equipments are described as the way through which manual office equipments are been developed due to some improvement in the information technology industry now it is difficult to locate modern business offices that are still making use of manual equipments
As a result of these rapid technological changes, the modern office equipments have been introduced to achieve the quest for organizational efficiency and increase in work output or productivity
According to Nwosu (1997) writing, sorting, calculating analyzing, ticking and reproduction of document constitute the basic task in any office. Therefore it is often quicker and better to perform these tasks by using machines specially made to simptety their operations. In modern business offices today, a greater success has been achieved through the use of electronic office equipments. The quality and quantity of products, time saving, profitability and effectiveness have helped so much on achieving the efficiency in work output.
Therefore on this information technology era, with great innovations in office equipments, no modern business office or organization can operate effectively in the face of this still competition without the secretary skills in operating these new equipments Ohakwe (2005) as a matter of fact, many organizations and in situations now equipped their offices with these modern office equipments in order to perform their duties and responsibilities more effectively and efficiently. The installment of these modern office had led to the retraining of the secretaries, in order to get them acquainted acquainted to the new office equipments and procedures of handling these equipments. The ability of secretarial=es to master these new equipments and methods of performing secretarial works or tasks with these equipments will increases their valves to their employers and put them ahead of their competition for job.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The world has grown to a stage whereby the modern business offices cannot be able to meet their daidlines and targets with the use of manual office equipment due to changes on the business world. Every sector of the economy and professions are affected by the new electronic equipments because of the modern age and the secretaries are not left out
The use of computer and internet in the promotion of business communications and activities have become the order of the day. Some of the secretaries who lack the required skills needed in handling these equipments are finding it difficult to cope with this global charges.
There is also non-availability of these office equipments due to financial constraints. These factors constitute the problems to which this study is aimed at finding solutions to
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The general purpose of this study was to find out the electronic office equipment used by secretaries in modern business offices and its implication for efficiency in work output. Specifically the study sought
1. To identity the electronic office equipments that can be used in a modern business offices to achieve efficiency
2. To ascertain the importance of these office equipments when used in a modern business office
3. To examine the problems encountered by secretaries in using these electronic office equipments
4. To determine the ways through which the use of electronic office equipments can result to efficiency in work output.
5. To find out the advantages of electronic office equipments over manual office equipments
6. To suggest remedies based on the findings of the study
1.4 `RESEARCH QUESTIONS
in studying the electronic office equipment used by secretaries on modern business offices, implication for efficiency of work output. The following research questions were generated from the objectives.
1. What are the electronic office equipment used by secretaries in a modern business offices
2. what are the importance of the use of electronic office equipments on modern business organization
3. What are the problems encountered by secretaries in using these electronic office equipments
4. How can these use of these electronic office equipments result to an increase in efficiency a work output
5. What are the advantages of electronic office equipments over manual office equipments
6. what would you suggest as possible ways of solving problems fount out in the course of this study.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be of immense benefit to some modern business offices, secretaries, lecturers, Departments, Governments and private establishments and future researchers. The implementation and consider oration of electronic office equipments like computers and so on are the most critical factor in business planning and decision making.
These fats sometimes seems to be taken for granted by some employers of labour in modern business offices. Therefore this study will help them to make an active policies in favour of these electronic office equipments
This study will help the departments and lecturers to know the advantages of these equipments thereby encouraging them to apply them in their training programme in order to produce qualified and dynamic secretaries
This study will also enable the governments and private sector establishment to understand the implications of these electronic office equipments on their organizational efficiency thereby saving their organizations room failures
The future researchers will have the opportunity of making reterences to the project. As the end of this project; it will cause many business offices, secretaries and lecturers to embrace this refined system that will reconcile the future with the past
This study is delimited in scope to the electronic office equipments used by secretaries on modern business offices or organization implication for efficiency of work output.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is the electronic office equipments used by secretaries in a modern business organizations, implication for efficiency of work output.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Beginning secretaries have encountered so many difficulties in the performance of their duties in modern offices. In the past, many secretari...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 222 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This project work attempted to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must possess reference to ABC Transport Company Distric...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 238 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s national and international buiness world, information is a price less commod...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 225 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. ANALYSES OF THE EFFECT OF BOSS/SECRETARY RELATIONSHIP ON STAFF MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCTIVITY IN SELECTED ESTABLISHMENT IN OWERRI IMO STATE» ABSTRACT This project on “Analyses of the effect of Boss/Secretary Relationship on Staff Management and Productivity in Selected Establishment i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 361 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The research work has been carried out to find “the impact of information and communication technology on today’s business enviro...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 265 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. THE PROBLEMS FACED BY NEWLY EMPLOYED OFFICE TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT GRADUATES (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWERRI)» ABSTRACT This research is aimed at evaluating the problems faced by newly employed office technology and management graduates in Federal Polytechnic N...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 266 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This study was a build up of additional information on the extensions of knowledge in the area of secretarial profession. It stipulated the p...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 249 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. THE PERCEPTION OF STUDENTS TOWARDS THE INTRODUCTION OF CREDIT IN MATHEMATICS FOR ADMISSION INTO OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT» Abstract This study was conducted to find out the perception of students towards the introduction of credit in mathematics for admission into Office T...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 264 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» Abstract The basic aim of any business is to make profit in the most effective and efficient way. These profit motive is what makes the business enter...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 254 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The specific aim of this project was to know the secretaries and needed office skills: current and future expectation, which run in instituti...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 275 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES