Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The major purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between job satisfaction and secretaries’ performance. The design of the study was a survey research. The population consisted of 25 secretaries of Ughelli South Local Government council, Otu-Jeremi. Mean score was used to analyze the 29 items questionnaire used for this research work. The major findings of the study were that the secretaries are not given privilege to make contributions and take decisions on matters affecting the organization on behalf of their boss, and they are not appreciated and recognized by their boss and colleague, therefore, lead to job dissatisfaction. The high point of the findings shown that the relationship between job satisfaction and secretaries’ performance is cordial as it revealed that if secretaries are satisfied, they will be committed to their job, and this will improve their productivity. To make this possible, it was recommended, among other things, that employers of labour should endeavour to better the conditions in which their secretaries work.
1.1 Background of the Study
The relationship between job satisfaction and secretaries’ performance is very imperative to the well being of any organization. The problem of job satisfaction has been a great concern to employers of labor and employees alike. In regard to this, Pamela, Stephen and Patricia, (1995), see job satisfaction as the degree to which individuals feel positively of negatively about their job. Secretaries hold important positions in an organization; as a result, they are viewed as the medium by which organizational goals are realized. Without them, an organization cannot function effectively and successfully. The effective performance of the secretary is dependent on the level of his satisfaction on the job. Hence, there is the need for job satisfaction among secretaries.
The role employers of labor have to play in any organization in order to ensure, maintain and improve job satisfaction is very important. Many employers of labor ignore the positive relationship between job satisfaction and the performance of their secretaries in the office. Some organizations or employers of labor ignore the positive relationship between job satisfaction and the performance of their secretaries in the office. Some organization or employers of labor are doing this intentionally because they feel that resources require to put in place job satisfaction are too expensive an detrimental to the well being of the organization. They therefore, claim that there is no resources to acquire such facilities that can improve job satisfaction and to afford the payment of some bonuses, allowances or fringe benefits which are believed will give job satisfaction to the secretary.
However, the important role the secretary plays in any organization necessitates the need for job satisfaction. In fact, employers or organizations are under obligation to make sure that their secretaries are satisfies. Cole, (1986), sees the need for job satisfaction and comments that people report of their satisfaction with their jobs are directly related to the extent to which their jobs provides them with such things as rewards, outcome as pay, variety in stimulation, consideration from supervisor, a high rate of promotion, close interaction with co-workers, an opportunity to influence decisions and control their pace of work. This assertion explains the common saying, “a happy man, is a productive man”. When secretaries are satisfied and their morale is high, the organization benefits in many ways. For one thing, satisfied secretaries are committed and loyal; they are more likely to work harder to make useful contributions to the organization. They are more likely to come to work everyday and remain with the organization.
Moreover, job dissatisfaction has negative effects in an organization. Just as the rewards of high workers satisfaction are great, so also are the disadvantages of job dissatisfaction. It poses bad effects on the organization if secretaries are not satisfied with their job. That is why secretaries who are not experiencing job satisfaction cannot give their best to the organizations in which they are working. There are certain factors that are assumed to make secretaries dissatisfied with their job. Among them are: unfavorable condition of service, denial of fringe benefits, lack of promotional opportunities, job insecurity, inadequate salary, poor personal relationship with supervisor and colleagues, etc. If these factors are experienced by secretaries, it is believed that they cannot give the organization their best. It will make them to best. It will make them to be unfaithful in their jobs, and they will not be committed. This in turn adversely affects organizational goals and prospects.
However, it is well know that the development of the economy requires a proportionate growth in qualitative human resources as well as a sound educational system. Knowing what to do, and doing it effectively, make workers to be satisfied in their job. As far as it is not very easy to achieve a high productivity level among secretaries because of lack of job satisfaction, Hellriegel, Slocum, and Woodman, (1998), has this to say, “Employers of labor must ensure they put five specific aspects of person’s job into consideration. These are: pay, promotion, supervision, the work itself and the relationship with co-workers”. In addition, a good condition of service, societal recognition, allowances, the rights to contribute in decision making, make them feel their work is meaningful. If these factors are put into practice in an organization, it is strongly believed that is will increase secretaries’ job satisfaction and therefore, enhance their performance.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
The vital roles which secretaries usually play in an organizations call for employers of labor to understand the relationship between job satisfaction and secretaries’ performance because this will make the organization or employer of labor to know how paramount it is to achieve job satisfaction. It is job satisfaction that makes secretaries fell they are part of the organization. However, there are some problems that are believed militating against job satisfaction of secretaries in many organizations. The inability of employers to understand the relationship between job satisfaction and secretaries’ performance, employers’ insensitivity to job satisfaction, are some of the assumed problems affecting secretaries’ job satisfaction in organizations.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The major purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between job satisfaction and secretaries’ performance. Specifically, the study will attempts to:
1. Identify the various attitudes of secretaries towards job satisfaction of secretaries.
2. Examine the need for job satisfaction among secretaries
3. Assess the perception of secretaries about job satisfaction in organizations.
4. Examine the effect of job satisfaction and job dissatisfaction on secretaries’ performance.
5. Find out what must be done to increase secretaries’ job satisfaction.
1.4 Research Questions
The study answered the following questions:
1. What are the various attitudes develop by employers towards job satisfaction of secretaries.
2. Is there any need for job satisfaction among secretaries in organizations?
3. What are the feelings of secretaries about their job satisfaction in organization?
4. What are the effects of job satisfaction and job dissatisfaction among secretaries in organizations?
5. What strategies can be put in place by organizations to enhance job satisfaction of secretaries?
1.5 Significance of the Study
It is believed that this research work on the relationship between job satisfaction and secretaries’ performance will be of paramount importance to employers of labor in organizations by putting into practice the findings of the study.
Obviously, if the findings are implemented, management in organizations will be acquainted with the possible ways of increasing and maintaining job satisfaction among secretaries, and help them correct certain practices.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This research work on, “the relationship between job satisfaction and secretaries’ performance”, was delimited to Ughelli South Local Government Council, Otu-Jeremi, Delta State. It was concentrated on the need for job satisfaction, feelings of secretaries toward their job satisfaction, effects of job dissatisfaction among secretaries and what must be done to increase secretaries’ job satisfaction.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract The basic aim of any business is to make profit in the most effective and efficient way. These profit motive is what makes the business enter...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 290 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED OF SECRETARIES FOR EFFICIENT PERFORMANCE IN THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION OWERRI, IMO STATE» Abstract This project is aimed at finding out strategies for improving records management skill of secretaries in selected business organization in Ow...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 321 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. THE IMPACT OF MODERN OFFICE EQUIPMENT ON THE SECRETARYS PERFORMANCE IN SELECTED GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENTS IN OWERRI MUNICIPAL» Abstract This research was conducted to ascertain the impact of modern office equipment on the secretary’s performance in selected government es...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 298 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE INTRDUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The internet began as an experiment by the United States department of defense in the 1960s to hel...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 293 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
5. EFFECT OF SECRETARY BOSS RELATIONSHIP ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT IN OWERRI IMO STATE)» ABSTRACT This project on “the effect of Secretary boss Relationship on organizational Productivity (A case study of selected business establishm...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 311 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. CAUSES AND REMEDIES TO JOB DISSATISFACTION AMONG SECRETARIES IN SELECTED PRIVATE AND GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENTS» ABSTRACT This research work was deigned to find out the causes and remedies to job dissatisfaction among secretaries in selected private and governmen...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 270 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
7. THE EFFECT OF THE STUDY ENVIRONMENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIAL STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWERRI)» ABSTRACT This research work is on the effect of study environment on the performance of secretarial students. It aimed on its organization and at the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 306 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
8. THE CHALLENGES FACING MARRIED FEMALE SECRETARIES IN SELECTED BUISNESS ORGANIZATION IN OWERRI METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the challenges facing married female secretaries in their work places in selected business o...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 302 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
9. THE CHANGING ROLE OF SECRETARY AND ITS IMPLICATION ON PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF ALVAN IKOKU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OWERRI)» ABSTRACT The specific aim of this work was to know the changes in the role of the modern secretary and its implication on the productivity secretary, ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 312 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. THE IMPACT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP AS A PANACEA FOR UNEMPLOYMENT REDUCTION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE)» ABSTRACT This research work examined the difficulties to the achievement of level of productivities and unemployment performance in the industries. Th...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 302 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES