Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 61 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Disclosure of HIV status especially to sexual partners is an important prevention goal. Many
international organizations including UNAIDS, WHO and CDC are emphasizing the importance
of HIV status disclosure. This study was undertaken to determine the prevalence of HIV status
disclosure and the factors that are associated with disclosure of HIV status by HIV positive
patients attending the adult ART clinic in Gombe State Specialist Hospital (GSSH)
This was a cross sectional descriptive study among adult HIV positive patients at GSSH. Study
participant were sample using a systematic random sampling technique and interviewer
administered structured questionnaire was used to collect data.
A total of 198 out of 200 respondents were interviewed yielding a response rate of 99%. There
were more female (80.3%) respondents compared to male (19.7%). Majority (76.8%) of the
respondents were between 20 and 39years old with a mean age of 32.9years. 60.1% of the
respondents were married with majority (78%) of them in a monogamous family setting. The
vast majority (97.5%) had disclosed their HIV status and majority (36.8%) of them disclosed to
their spouses. 64% of the respondents had treatment supporter and spouses (42.9%) were their
choice of a treatment supporter. Disclosure of HIV status was found to be associated only with
young age (<40years) [AOR 38.16; 95% CI 2.42-602.61]. However, female gender [AOR 1.53;
95% CI 0.14-17.02] and being employed [AOR 9.76; 95% CI 0.64-148.65] are more likely to
disclose HIV status. While being educated [AOR 0.69; 95% CI 0.07-6.74], short duration of
infection (<1year) [AOR 0.18; 95% CI 0.01-3.17] and being married [AOR 0.31; 95% CI 0.02-
4.23] make it less likely to disclose HIV status.
Disclosure of HIV status was high in the study population. Spouses were the most preferential
choice of persons HIV statuses were disclosed to and also the most adopted as treatment
supporter. HIV status disclosure should be made soon after diagnosis because of its importance
especially to couples. This encourages family support and lessens stigmatization.
Key words: Disclosure Factors; HIV Status; Gombe State
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PREVALENCE OF ABNORMAL CERVICAL SMEARS AND KNOWLEDGE OF CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING AMONG WOMEN ATTENDING GYNAECOLOGY CLINIC OF GENERAL HOSPITAL MINNA, ...» ABSTRACT Cervical cancer is an important women‟s reproductive health problem. It is a preventable disease of significant public health concern espec...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background Information Children worldwide are known to be vulnerable and susceptible in many respects, especially on matt...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATION OF THE IMMUNIZATION STATUS OF CHILDREN IN A RURAL SUBURB OF ANAMBRA STATE – A CASE STUDY OF ANAMBRA EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT Background Childhood immunization is a cost effective public health strategy. Expanded Programme on immunization (EPI) services have been pro...Continue Reading »
4. DETERMINANTS OF UTILIZATION OF FAMILY PLANNING SERVICES AMONG WOMEN OF CHILD-BEARING AGE IN RURAL AREAS OF KANO STATE, NORTHERN NIGERIA» SUMMARY Family planning is an important preventive measure against maternal and child morbidity and mortality. It is an essential component of primary...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF UTILIZATION OF POSTPARTUM CARE SERVICES AMONG WOMEN IN WEBUYE WEST, BUNGOMA COUNTY, KENYA. CLAIRE LUSENO OTUNGA» ABSTRACT Postpartum care is an important link in the continuum of care for maternal health. The postpartum period is critical because most maternal de...Continue Reading »
6. DETERMINANTS OF ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS AMONG CLIENTS OF AUTOMOBILE REPAIR WORKSHOPS IN FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY, ABUJA» SUMMARY According to the World Health Organization, about 1.24 million people die every year as a result of road traffic accidents. Nigeria, like othe...Continue Reading »
» SUMMARY Job satisfaction refers to how well a job provides fulfilment of a need or want or how well it serves as a source or means of enjoyment. The p...Continue Reading »
8. SOCIO-DEMOGRAPHIC FEATURES AND RISK FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH SUSPECTED CASES OF TICK-BORNE RELAPSING FEVER IN NORTHERN BORNO STATE NIGERIA» SUMMARY Tick borne relapsing fever (TBRF) is a bacterial disease caused by Borrelia species which is transmitted to humans by infected ticks. The dise...Continue Reading »
9. BACTERIA IN PRIMARY SCHOOL CHILDREN WITH URINARY SCHISTOSOMIASIS IN RURAL COMMUNITIES IN ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Urinary schistosomiasis though being second to malaria as the most economically devastating disease is highly neglected in Nigeria. In fact i...Continue Reading »
10. MALARIA PARASITE AND ITS EFFECT TO HUMAN HEALTH (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA TEACHING HOSPITAL (UNTH), ENUGU)» ABSTRACT The detection of malaria parasite in the blood, which is as the major aim of this project was carried out and experimental data shows the exi...Continue Reading »