Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 61 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Disclosure of HIV status especially to sexual partners is an important prevention goal. Many
international organizations including UNAIDS, WHO and CDC are emphasizing the importance
of HIV status disclosure. This study was undertaken to determine the prevalence of HIV status
disclosure and the factors that are associated with disclosure of HIV status by HIV positive
patients attending the adult ART clinic in Gombe State Specialist Hospital (GSSH)
This was a cross sectional descriptive study among adult HIV positive patients at GSSH. Study
participant were sample using a systematic random sampling technique and interviewer
administered structured questionnaire was used to collect data.
A total of 198 out of 200 respondents were interviewed yielding a response rate of 99%. There
were more female (80.3%) respondents compared to male (19.7%). Majority (76.8%) of the
respondents were between 20 and 39years old with a mean age of 32.9years. 60.1% of the
respondents were married with majority (78%) of them in a monogamous family setting. The
vast majority (97.5%) had disclosed their HIV status and majority (36.8%) of them disclosed to
their spouses. 64% of the respondents had treatment supporter and spouses (42.9%) were their
choice of a treatment supporter. Disclosure of HIV status was found to be associated only with
young age (<40years) [AOR 38.16; 95% CI 2.42-602.61]. However, female gender [AOR 1.53;
95% CI 0.14-17.02] and being employed [AOR 9.76; 95% CI 0.64-148.65] are more likely to
disclose HIV status. While being educated [AOR 0.69; 95% CI 0.07-6.74], short duration of
infection (<1year) [AOR 0.18; 95% CI 0.01-3.17] and being married [AOR 0.31; 95% CI 0.02-
4.23] make it less likely to disclose HIV status.
Disclosure of HIV status was high in the study population. Spouses were the most preferential
choice of persons HIV statuses were disclosed to and also the most adopted as treatment
supporter. HIV status disclosure should be made soon after diagnosis because of its importance
especially to couples. This encourages family support and lessens stigmatization.
Key words: Disclosure Factors; HIV Status; Gombe State
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. FACTORS THAT ARE ASSOCIATED WITH OUTCOMES OF TREATMENT AMONG PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS PATIENTS IN PLATEAU STATE, NIGERIA.» SUMMARY Tuberculosis (TB) is a global public health problem in Nigeria, only 22 countries account for 80% of the TB burden in the world and Nigeria wi...Continue Reading »
2. DETERMINANTS & DETERRENTS OF COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION OF SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT AMONG TRADERS OF U/RIMI MARKET, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Solid waste disposal and management is both an urban and rural problem. Every person is a potenti...Continue Reading »
3. SOCIO-ECOLOGICAL FACTORS PREDICTING THE PREVALENCE OF OBESITY AMONG SELECTED SENIOR SECONDARY STUDENTS IN ADO LOCAL GOVERNMENT, EKITI STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Adolescent obesity is slowly emerging as a serious public health problem. This is due to the strong relationship with adult obesity and its r...Continue Reading »
4. ANALYSIS THE ALPHA-PROTEIN LEVEL IN HEPATITIS PATIENT AS AN AID IN ACCESSING THE DEGREE IN WHICH IT GENERATES TO HCC» CHAPTER ONE 1. INTRODUCTION Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the most common primary liver cancer. It accounts for 60% of all cancer world wide (Meli...Continue Reading »
5. SERUM MINERALS, LIPIDS AND LIVER ENZYMES IN HIV POSITIVE SUBJECTS RECEIVING HIGHLY ACTIVE ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPY (HAART).» ABSTRACT The introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) has significantly improved life expectancy among HIV positive individuals. H...Continue Reading »
» SUMMARY HIV Counseling and Testing play a vital role in HIV prevention and control as an entry point of care and support. Globally > 6,800 people b...Continue Reading »
7. DETERMINANTS OF ROUTINE IMMUNIZATION COVERAGE AMONG CHILDREN AGED 12-23 MONTHS IN IZOM DISTRICT, GURARA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, NIGER STATE» SUMMARY Immunization is one of the most cost effective public health interventions, childhood immunization services is provided free by Nigeria govern...Continue Reading »
» Chapter 1 Introduction. Aging is a silent process whose consequences are difficult to anticipate. It creeps insidiously on people with some of the eld...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Occupational Health is defined by the Joint Committee of International Labour Office and the World Health Organisation as &ld...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Access to safe drinking water and improved sanitation is essential for healthy life and can signi...Continue Reading »