Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦9,000
This study examine ministry policies and practices with particular references to ministry of finance Sokoto. Taking a critical look at the problems and solution at the ministry, training of staff on ICT and non-training of staff. An extensive review of existing literature was made covering issues like problems of using computers in the ministry. The ministry of finance Sokoto. Prudential guidelines was examine and it was observe that the guidelines succeeded in sanitizing by providing a good result and compelling them to report their tree position furthermore, discriminating activities was observed to contribute to the growing number of ICT problem. Some recommendation put forward for effective raining programme in particular and services in general include the need to properly educate ministry staff on the need for judicious utilization of ICT facilities and the danger inherent in their mis-use, the need for ministry to put in place sufficient laws that would check the abuse of ICT facilities.
Information technology it is the technology which support activities involving the creation, storage, manipulation and communication of information together with related methods, management and application. Therefore information, technology may be seen as the broadly based technology needed to support information systems. Broadly speaking organization strives to achieve certain goal for the benefit of their owner or clients. These goals may be expressed in term of objective such as increasing revenues, increasing profit, avoiding costs, or improving services. Such objective will need to be met within various financial constraints, and within the limitation of available resources.
In order to reach its objective an organization must be able to plan ahead and control and coordinate its activities for these, it depends on the provision and communication of information. The information is likely to be use must effectively if it is seen as a sources needed to be exploited to the best advantage by the whole organization -and not just by its individual departments. The idea that "the whole can be more than
the sum of its part" lies behind this information system" view of organizations. Whether or not such view is taken, the requirement of providing and communicating information remains. These requirements are met, at least in part by the "Data processing system" within the organizations. Data processing (DP) is the technique of gathering, processing, storing and producing as well as manipulation of data to produce meaningful information.
IT management is the discipline whereby all of the information technology resources of a firm are managed in accordance with its needs and priorities. These resources may include tangible investments like computer hardware, software, data, networks and data centre facilities, as well as the staff who are hired to maintain them. Managing this responsibility within a company entails many of the basic management functions, like budgeting, staffing, change management and organizing and controlling, along with other aspects that are unique to technology, like software design, network planning, tech support, etc. information technology, that assortment of technology that enables the conversion of data into information, has had an enormous impact in public organizations and its theoretical foundations. One of the primary impacts
of information technology on public organization is the development of systems theory and its descendants including the study of complex systems, chaos, and complexity theory. Computer capability has enormously advanced the theoretical underpinnings of public organization.
The project title “Role of information technology in public management process with particular reference to Sokoto State Ministry of Finance”. Is compendium of the role of the ministry in managing the state funds and the development of the state. The research will discuss the role of information technology and its impacts to the people
1.1 Background of the Study
Information and communication technology is the process of managing the resources of a firm in accordance with its needs and priorities. These resources may include tangible investments like computer hardware, software, data, networks and data centre facilities, as well as the staff who are hired to maintain them. Managing this responsibility within a company entails many of the basic management functions, like budgeting, staffing, change management, and organizing
and controlling, along with other aspects that are unique to technology, like software design, network planning, tech support etc
One of the primary impacts of information technology on public organizations the development of systems theory and its descendants including the study of complex systems, chaos, and complexity theory. Computer capability has enormously advanced the theoretical underpinnings of public organization. Information technology also shapes organizations. For instance, one empirical study shows that the deployment of information associated with a decrease in the size of middle management Policies and regulations shape the land scope of information technology use in government.
From an organizational standpoint, the information age is in full swing and both public and private institutions are experiencing an increase in the use of a variety of information technologies (ITs). Realistically, it has become nearly impossible for an organization to operate without the use of one or more ITs. The implementation and subsequent use of ITs is a process of interrelated steps. Faltering or mis-stepping at any of the implementation stages may actually increase inefficiency, ineffectiveness, and promote any number of additional uncertainties. It is only through careful design, planning, acquisition, and
implementation of ITs that we may benefit from more effective operations and solutions to problems. While ITs are not the instant cure-all that many view them to be they are certainly an asset and can provide a number of advantageous and effective solutions if properly adopted. The successful implementation of ITs in any organization depends on a multitude of important and interrelated factors.
The civil service is the bedrock of the executive arm of government. Its main tasks came to be the implementation and execution of the policies decided on by the legislature or those appointed by the legislature to carry on the executive work of government. The Sokoto State Ministry of Finance is the instrument/machinery use by the government for generating revenue for the government, preparation of annual general budget and for controlling and managing government revenue. The ministry is headed by the honorable commissioner as the chief executive and it is segregated into different departments where each department is headed by a director. The roles and responsibilities of each department is unique and different from the other.
1.2 Statement of the Research Problem:
At one time or the other both federal and state as well as private organization had taken a giant strive action to adopt and maintain the use of information technology in the various set of organizations with a view to enhance effective running of Management/administrative process. To this end, some organization has provided with computers and their staff had under gone developmental training on computer studies. However, it discovers that some of these organizations have abandoned the uses of computer. The management process in the ministry of finance can be blames on many factors. Some which are as follows:
1. Inadequate trained personnel: The ministry does not have sufficient trained personals to operate and handle computers. Most of the computer operators are not indigenes. They are employed on contract bases which affect their performance.
2. Favoritism/Godfathermism: Some of the staff are employed because of their relatives in government not because they are qualified to be employed and because of that they can do and on do. They came to work at will and leave at will.
3. Inadequate funds to acquire modern computers, the present computers used in the ministry are out dated computers. They
were purchased more than ten years ago, the need has arise to purchase the modern once but the government did not do that due to inadequate funds.
4. Problem of power supply: The instability of power supply by NEPA affected the operations and maintenance of the computers by the staff.
5. Lack of political will on part of the government to strictly ensure computerization of management of finances. All management of finances are not fully computerized because he government
officials are not interesting in doing that.
This research project attempts to examining the role of information technology in public management process and identify some various measures to such effect so that there should be efficient, effective, accountable, transparent and judicial control in the management of public funds by the ministry.
1.3 Objectives of the Study:
The main objective of this research is to assess importance of information technology in effective management process in organizations with specific reference to Ministry of Finance Sokoto. Also to bring out what information technology is all about and the roles
and function of Ministry of Finance Sokoto. It is also among the objective of the research to highlight that factors militating against the uses of computer technology in a public organization.
The following hypotheses are to be tasted for the purpose of this study.
H1 There is effective and efficient administrative output
H0 There is no effective and efficient administrative output using
H1 There is more accountability, transparency and judicial control of
public funds using computers
H0 There shall be a lot of problems in accountability, transparency
and judicial control of public funds using computers
H1 The greater utilization of information technology by the
organization, the more effective management process
H0 Utilization of information technology by the organization brings
more problems in the management process
1.5 Significance of the Research
It serve as a guide on how to improve the use of computer information in various public and private organization. It serve as a reference to students undergoing learning programmes in public
management, accounting economics etc in various tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The research will also be very useful to the staff of MOF Sokoto on how they shall perform their duties and responsibilities effectively. It will provide the full information about the ministry to the interesting persons. It is expected to prove useful to practicing administrators and those who are interested to know about information technology.
1.6 Scope and Limitations of the Study
The new civil service reform introduced by the federal government is for implementation throughout Nigeria, but this research work is limited to only Sokoto State Ministry of Finance. The researcher encountered a number of limitations during the research work that include time. The research has limited time to carry out investigation and get needed information. Most of the needed information was unable to be obtained on time due to uncooperative attitude of the top management in charge of ministry files and records. The researcher is constraint from having direct access to the management level to derive information in term of interview which will be very useful to research work. But I am very grateful to the public relation officer of the ministry for giving me maximum cooperation in the conduct of this research work. Most public
organizations especially Sokoto State Ministry of finance given absolute need to the law of secrecy because it deals with financial management of the state, which obstructs or hampers the researcher from obtaining necessary and accurate stability data.
1.7 Definition of Terms:
a) Information Technology (IT): is the study or use of electronic equipment, especially computer, for storing analyzing and sending out information. In another word, it supports the activities involving the creation, storage, manipulation and communication of information, together with their related method, management and application
b. Administration – The simplest and shortest definition of
administration is the one which says that “when two men cooperate to roll a store that neither could move alone, the rudiments of administration have appeared. It is the administration and direction of persons in order to accomplish a specific ends.
3. Management: It is the effective and efficient utilization of organizational resources to achieve predetermined goals
4. Public Management: the term public management is commonly used to refer to both the activities concerned with the management of government business and the study of these activities.
5. E. Governance – is the application of information and communication technologies (ICTS) to the process of government functioning to accomplish simply, accountable speedy, responsive and transparent governance
1.8 Chapter Scheme
This research project to the department of management studies is made up of five chapters.
In chapter one, the researcher gives a general introduction, to the study, statement of problem, objectives of the study, significance of the study, Hypothesis, scope and limitation and chapter scheme.
Chapter two consists of the literature review and theoretical framework of the research work. While chapter three also consist of research design, population and sample, sampling techniques, types of sources of data, data analysis techniques testing of hypothesis techniques.
Chapter four also consists of introduction, data collection, data analysis, hypothesis testing and summary of findings.
In chapter five ITs consist of summary conclusion and recommendation
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENTOFUNIVERSALBASICEDUCATIONPROGRAMME INKADUNASOUTHANDSABONGARI LOCALGOVERNMENT AREASOFKADUNASTATE» ABSTRACT The Nigerian educational system has for long, been a subject of criticism as a result of some perennial problems such as poor quality and lac...Continue Reading »
2. REVENUE GENERATION, UTILIZATION AND GRASSROOTS TRANSFORMATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL)» ABSTRACT Revenue generation in the public sector is very important because of demand for economic development. This study examined Revenue Generation,...Continue Reading »
3. POLITICS OF POVERTY REDUCTION IN NIGERIA: A STUDY OF THE ACTIVITIES OF EBONYI STATE COMMUNITY POVERTY REDUCTION AGENCY (EB-CPRA) IN ABAKALIKI L...» ABSTRACT This study titled “Politics of Poverty Reduction in Nigeria” A study of the activities of Ebonyi State Community Poverty Reductio...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research project is on Library Resources and Security Challenges in the Library of Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri. Data was collecte...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF BRAIN-DRAIN ON EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN NORTH WESTERN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF THE POLYTECHNIC OF SOKOTO STATE» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The migration of intellectual worker and skilled personnel from the less developed countr...Continue Reading »
6. STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE OF HUMAN RESOURCE IN AN ORGANIZATION DESPITE THE SO CALLED INTRODUCTION OF MODERN TECHNOLOGIES IN CARRYING OUT VARIOUS ACTIVITIES...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Human Resource Management (HRM or simply HR) is the management of an organization’s workforce or human r...Continue Reading »
7. PRIVATISATION OF GOVERNMENT OWNED ENTERPRISE FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE: A STUDY OF NIGERIA TELECOMMUNICATION SECTOR» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Privatization, which now occupies the center stage in global economic liberalization, is regarded...Continue Reading »
8. THE PROBLEM AND PROSPECTS OF EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR: HOW DOES ICT INTERVENE» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Performance management system is a continuous process of improving individuals, team and organiz...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Violence in one form or the other is not restricted to a section of human communities. Individuals, groups and even nations experience violen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The construction industry is an established industry: the sector regarded as a catalyst for growt...Continue Reading »