Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The evaluation of conflict management on both the private and public sector cannot be an overstatement as it has become a useful tool in promoting organizational development and productivity in any given place. Certainly for organizational developmentto take place there must be adequate conflict management as such, conflict management has become indispensable in any organization or managerial setting in order to progress.
Conflicts are unavoidably a parts of organizational life since the goals of different stakeholders such as the employee and employers are often incompatible. Gordon (1997) sees conflicts as the result of dissociable potential relationships, this occurs as a result of one party perceiving that another party has impeded, or will frustrate one or more of its concerns. Johnson (2000) views conflict as a struggle or contest between people with opposing needs, ideas beliefs, values or goals while Steers (1998) refers to conflicts as a process in which individuals or groups feels that other individuals or groups have frustrated or are about to frustrate their plans, goals, beliefs, vision or activities.
Conflicthas become a part of organizational life and may occur between individuals, between the individual and the group or between a group.
Mayo (1949) stated that production and productivity depends on the relationship of workers where he divided workers into groups, whichare the management and the employees. He emphasized that there must be a cordial relationship between these groups of workers before any organizational harmony could take place or exist. He further stated that management should always give priority to the need of other employees so that they will have a sense of belonging and as such, increase productivity, but that whenever, the management ignores the need of employees, there would be no harmony and as such productivity will decrease. In a nutshell, this academia is the need on the importance of conflict resolution or management as the cornerstone and central dynamics of organization harmony.
This study is on the declining of conflict within both the private and public sector. It focuses on the causes and types of industrial conflicts as well as the important roles trade unions and other key sectors in conflict resolution play to curb conflict and bring it to a declining stage
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
There are many problems facing the private and public sector and their effects widely varies, some of these problems includes: lack of proper welfare package for the employees, problems of poor condition of work, high rate of labour turnover as well as nonchalant attitude of management to workers, low workers productivity among many others.
As a result of these problems enumerated above, conflicts may arise between management and employees. With this statement of problems in view, the research is focused on thorough evaluation of the declining level of conflict on workers in both public and private sectors
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
Conflict is a broad topic and it’s an imperative factor in organization harmony and performance. Therefore this research work will attempt to look at the declining level of conflict using public and private workers in Uyo metropolis as a case study with a view to understanding how the decline has come to be.
The following are the objectives of this study:
1. To identify the causes of conflictwithin private and public sectors in Uyo.
2. To examine the strategies used in curbing conflict in private and public organizations.
3. To know how the reduction resolving of conflict can further be attained.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are the causes of conflict in private and public sector?
2. What is the relevance of effective conflict management in organizations?
3. What are the strategies aiming at curbing and controlling conflict?
4. How can the declining stage of conflict be maintained and reduced further?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is significant for the following reasons:
i) It is an attempt to bring into light the problems faced by the civil service in Nigeria most especially before and during strike action.
ii) The findings of this study is also significant to employee associations, trade unions, employers union, labour ministry, organizations and the society at large.
iii) It is an avenue for assessment of all the machineries put in place by the government to help in maintaining industrial peace in the Cross River state civil service.
iv) Practicing managers will also find this study rich and ideal reference material as it recognizes ways and tools to tackle problem of industrial conflict management in public organizations.
v) It is imperative to study the role of Cross River state civil service realizing the important part the workers and trade union play in national integration.
vi) Finally, to those in the academia and conflict researchers, this study will serve as a spring board for further investigation.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
A private and public conflict remains a problem that deserves to be minimized. This study will be restricted to the causes, effects or influence, and types of conflicts and especially how conflict has been abated in private and public performance
Therefore, the study will source its data from the target respondents who are workers in both private and public sectors in Uyo, AkwaIbom State and as well use secondary sources of data such as textbooks, journals and internet.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
CONFLICT: This means to come into collision or disagreement; to be contradictory, at variance, or in opposition; clash.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. REVENUE GENERATION, UTILIZATION AND GRASSROOTS TRANSFORMATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL)» ABSTRACT Revenue generation in the public sector is very important because of demand for economic development. This study examined Revenue Generation,...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 60 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
2. PROBLEMS OF PRIVATIZATION OF NIGERIAN PUBLIC ENTERPRISES: A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA COAL CORPORATION-ENUGU» ABSTRACT The study was to identify the problems of privatization of Nigerian Public Enterprises with reference to Nigerian Coal Corporation Enugu. How...Continue Reading »
99 pages | 279 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
3. FEDERAL CHARACTER PRINCIPLE AND QUOTA SYSTEM IN NIGERIA: A CRITICAL ASSESSMENT OF THE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE. A CASE STUDY OF FEDE...» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Today in Nigeria the use of federal character and quota system has become an instrument for recruitm...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 60 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
4. ASSESSMENT OF THE INFLUENCE OF CONFLICT RESOLUTION ON THE PERFORMANCE OF PUBLIC ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE CIVIL SERVICE)» BACKGROUNDThe assessment of conflict management on organization harmony cannot be over emphasized as it has become a virtual tool used in promoting or...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 142 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
5. STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE OF HUMAN RESOURCE IN AN ORGANIZATION DESPITE THE SO CALLED INTRODUCTION OF MODERN TECHNOLOGIES IN CARRYING OUT VARIOUS ACTIVITIES...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Human Resource Management (HRM or simply HR) is the management of an organization’s workforce or human r...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 63 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
6. THE ROLE OF LEADERSHIP IN ENHANCING THE PERFORMANCE OF EMPLOYEES IN AN ORGANIZATION: A CASE STUDY OF SHANGA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KEBBI STATE» CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Generally, humanbeings are the most precious part of civilization and most troublesome resources to...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 50 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to look into the role of trade union in promoting workers productivity in an organization. In respect of this to...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 66 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
8. FRAUD CONTROL IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEM, CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS: A STUDY OF EBONYI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA (2003-2014)» ABSTRACT This work titled “Fraud Control in the Local Government System; Challenges and Prospects; A Study of Ebonyi Local Government Area (2003...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 35 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
9. THE EFFECTS OF ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF LIFE VEGETABLE OIL, NNEWI)» synopsis the major purpose of this study is to examine the effect of organizational structure on management with reference to life vegetable nnewi. th...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 41 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Public debates recently in Akwa ibom state have centered on the increasing rate of corruption res...Continue Reading »
37 pages | 126 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION