Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 48 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
As our faces are different so is our vision and methodology; all the presidents Nigeria has had have their own goal before becoming the president of Nigeria; these differences ranges from the time of general Sani Abacha to the time of Buhari; all these are still for the better things to come for Nigeria. These changes in political administration has significant effect on the economic development of Nigeria through shift in vision and methodology of rulership.
Nigeria; under the adminstration of president Jonathan, had the vision of actualizing the transformation agenda; this program was not completed.
General muhammadu Buhari’s primary goal is to eradicte corruption in Nigeria; which left the transformation agenda by the former president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan abandoned; the fight for corruption is just in circles as nothing has being achieved from it; so many changes is going on in Nigeria right now; under the general Buhari administration a lot has happened such as the dollar increament, the increase in price of petroleum, eradication of ghost workers etc. Buhari has being in the office for 100 days with few achievements; some of these achievement are:
1. Renewed Vigour in the War against Boko Haram
2. Appreciable Improvement in Power Supply in Various Parts of the Country
3. Mending of Nigeria’s Fractured Relationship with the World Powers
4. Prioritizing Regional Cooperation
5. Returning Discipline to the Polity
The phylosophy of this administration is yet to be understood by the people; the voices of the people was that the PDP regime is far more preferable than the APC regime; they went on to acuse the president (Buhari) of being too slow to in the approach of governance.
Nigeria has always been very adaptive; things are never constant in Nigeria; from the pursuit of a particular goal by a president to the pursuit of another goal by another president. The APC regime is yet to fully understand the way the country is being run by the former opposition party (PDP); this has really caused set backs and critices to this adminstration.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The economy of Nigeria have never being stable because of change in political administration; the pursuit for a particular vision changes which change in administration, the major problem here is the inability of the current administration to study the previous administration and see the best way to follow the proceedings in the cpountry so as to perfect the previous administration. This is the major problem in Nigeria; difference in interest and in vision is another issue in Nigeria. A new administration is suppose to take over from where the past administration stopped; but at times in Nigeria the reverse is always the case if this issue can be resolved then the economy of Nigeria will be on a more favourable ground.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. What effect does change in political administration have on the economic development of Nigeria?
2. Is there any constitution binding the governance of the Nigeria?
3. What are the best approaches to be adopted by the federal government of Nigeria to resolve the adverse change in the political adminstration?
4. Is the mohammadu Buhari’s administration a set back to the economy of Nigeria?
5. Does change in political administration have any effect on ghost workers?
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: change in political administration does not have effect on the economy of Nigeria
H1: change in political administration have effect on the economy of Nigeria.
H0: Nigeria relationship with the world power have no significant effect on the economic development of Nigeria.
H1: Nigeria relationship with the world power have significant effect on the economic development of Nigeria.
H0: Change in political administration does not have significant effect on the level of crises in Nigeria
H1: Change in political administration have significant effect on the level of crises in Nigeria.
1.5 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The aim of the research work is to determine the following:
1. effect of change in political administration have on the economic development of Nigeria.
2. The constitution binding the governance of the Nigeria.
3. The best approaches to be adopted by the federal government of Nigeria to resolve the adverse change in the political adminstration.
4. If the mohammadu Buhari’s administration a set back to the economy of Nigeria.
5. If the change in political administration have any effect on ghost workers.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STDUY
The research work will discuss the various challenges face the country through the change in political administratio, the study will also reveal the effect of the change in political administration on the economics of Nigeria. it highlight the impact of effective rulership by the present administration. The study will further assist the present administration in making good decision that will affect the economy of Nigeria positively.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study is limited to the study of the change in political administration and its impact on the economy of Nigeria, it will cover the administration of Mohammadu Buhari and the journey so far.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS: The researcher was with limited funds; he or she can not visit all the areas to get responses from respondents; but he or she was able to get good information nconcerning the research topic.
TIME CONSTRAINTS: The researcher was involved in other departmental activities; like seminars, attendance of lectures etc. which limited his or her time for the research but the researcher was able to meet up with the time assigned for the completion of the research work.
1.9 DEFINITION OF RELATED TERMS
ADMINISTRATION: the management of public affairs; government
ECONOMY: the state of a country or region in terms of the production and consumption of goods and services and the supply of money.
Abdulrahman, K. (2012, May 5). Corruption as basis for Nigeria’s underdevelopment, The Punch. Retrieved March 17, 2014, from http://www.punchng.com/opinion/corruption-as-basis-for-nigerias-underdevelopment ACBF. (2007).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The concept of dependency and underdevelopment draws our attention to the stagnation, deplorable ...Continue Reading »
» DEPENDENCY AND UNDERDEVELOPMENT IN AFRICA: THE CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Kaduna state is one of the largest cities in northern Nigeria, with a total number of 23 local Go...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Over 600,000 people are now being released from prisons each year. Many suffer from a variety of serious difficulties as they...Continue Reading »
5. YOUTH PARTICIPATION IN ELECTORAL PROCESS. A STUDY ON THE ROLE OF YOUTH IN THE 2015 ELECTION IN BIRNIN KEBBI» ABSTRACT This research work captioned to explore the effort, role and contributions of youth in electoral process, in Birnin Kebbi metropolis in 2015 ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Nigeria’s Police chief, Sunday Ehindero, alerted the National Assembly of the alarming secu...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTS OF POVERTY REDUCTION PROGRAMME OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ON RURAL COMMUNITIES IN NIGERIA (USE ANY LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN AKWA IBOM AS A CASE STUDY)» Chapter one Introduction Background to study Poverty is a universal problem facing mankind, with serious consequences. It can be described as a multi ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study For any organization to be productive, it must learn the effective usage of its man power. But resear...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigeria’s foreign policy under General Ibrahim Babangida was one in which Nigeria played active role in the crises in West African sub ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Igbos are traditionally village people, with social system comprising hundreds of small clans...Continue Reading »