Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The discourse of godfatherism had so much influenced the socio-economic and political life of the nation especially in the fourth republic. It had gained much attention at the present time as a result of its need forms of articulation. It has become almost impossible for an individual to hold political office either by appointment or election without patronizing a godfather because of their power and influence. In the light of this, this long essay critically examined how poverty, ignorance and corruption contributed to the emergence of godfatherism and the role of the godfathers in carrying out their biding such as, arson, maiming, bribing, abduction and all kings of corrupt styles in other to win elections for their selfish enrich. The study also examined the consequences of this in the fourth republic.
1. Background of the Study
The concept of godfatherism is firmly establishing itself as a guiding principle in contemporary Nigeria politics. Godfathers are generally defined as men who have the power personally to determine both who gets nominated to contest elections and who wins in the election.
In the past, Nigerian society had fewer criminals that the judicial systems attempted to contend with in recent times, our judicial systems cannot contend with such because Nigerian society is building criminals at rapid pales in the late 20th and early 21st centuries through democratization and militarization practices, when the governing systems failed to deliver the other takes over. In democracy one way that regime is breeding criminals is through godfather’s, godfatherims is old fashion enterprise that circulates around nation with different names or headings for centuries. Godfathers in Nigeria is a topic that has not been given enough attention until recent coup that exposed Chief Chris Uba, estranged political Godfather of Chief Dr. Chris Ngige among political criminals that is behind elections or selection of most of our state governors and other law makers. Apparently it appears majority of our state governors are financed by such caliber of person and for those financed by their godfathers get into offices now have huge power in respective states. They assigned civil services and or political positions to who are not of the people but people of the privates.
The role of education in politics cannot be over emphasized. To be effective, civil education must be realistic, it must address the central truth about political life. The American Political Science Association (A.P.S.A) recently formed a task force on Civil Education. Its statement of purpose calls for more realistic teaching about the nature of political life and a better understanding of “the complex elements of the art of the possible”. The A.P.S.A. reports faults existing civil education because all too often it seems unable to counter the belief that in politics, one either wins or loses, and to win; means getting everything at once, now. The sense that politics can always bring another chance to be heard to persuade and perhaps to gain part of what one wants, is lost, political education today seems unable to teach the civil engagement the slow patient building of first coalitions and then majorities can generate social change (Carter & Elshtan, 1997).
A message of importance therefore is not politics need not, indeed must not, be a zero, sum game. The idea that “winner takes all” has no place in a democracy because if losers lose all they will opt out of the democratic game. Sharing is essential in a democratic society, the sharing of power, of resources and of responsibilities. Those skills and the will or necessary trait of private and public characters are the products of a good civil election.
Statement of the Problem
Should money and influence be the only determinant of an election in Nigeria political content?
Must politician join any confraternity or go into feeble and illegal agreement with powerful rich mobile Nigeria before they could contest for an elections?
God fatherism and politics will not bring about significant growth/development economically, socially and politically.
The doctrine of separation of power and the theory of rule of law is not best assured.
The fundamental human right is well protested as stipulated by the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria.
The following research questions were raised to guide the study.
What patterns do godfatherism take in Nigeria political system?
What factors promote godfatherism in Nigerian political system?
What are the general effects of god fatherism in politics in Nigeria?
How does education influence Nigerian politics and politicians in relation to godfatherism?
Purpose of the Study
The purpose of the study is to investigate the concept of God fatherism, how it influences Nigeria politics and politician and the role of education in Nigeria. How godfatherism is firmly and deeply principle in contemporary Nigeria policies.
This study also examined the role of education in Nigeria politics. How civic education in a democracy is educating government.
Significance of the Study
Significance of this study is to investigate the concept (God fatherism) how it influences Nigeria politics and politicians and the role of education in Nigeria politic e.g.
1. Law makers
2. Policy formulators
3. The judiciary
Delimitation of the Study
This study will be focused mainly on the influence of godfatherism in Nigeria and politics in the fourth republic. The role of education basically.
Limitation of the Study
The research was limited only on AnambraState, which is representing the 36 state in Nigeria.
Finance was also an obstacle in the process of carrying out the research.
Finally, take ability of responses is another limitation of this study.
Definition of Terms
God father can be seen as man who promise to help a child.
God fathers is also the head of illegal organization especially the mafia.
Politics – in many other academic follows, especially within the umbrella of the social sciences there are many different opinions about what politics is. There is hardly any generally accepted definition of politics. This does not however suggest that politics has no definition.
“Politics” refers to the events that happened around the decision making centres of government.
Politics can also be seen as the struggle for political power and the use of that power for the acquisition of other value power is therefore the central focus of politics.
Education – can be seen as the total process of human learning by which knowledge imparted, facilities trained and skill developed.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN EVALUATION OF ETHNICITY AND ISSUE OF POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE)» ABSTRACT THIS PROJECT IS ON THE EVALUATION OF ETHNICITY AND THE ISSUE OF POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA. THE ETHNICITY IS A SOCIAL CONSULT THAT INDI...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Rural development in the world generally and in the third world in particular has assumed the fro...Continue Reading »
3. IMPACT OF CORRUPTION ON THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN AKWA IBOM STATE: (A CASE STUDY OF IKOT EKPENE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v – vi Table of Contents vii – ix Abstract x CHAPTER...Continue Reading »
4. THE PRESS WAR AGAINST POLITICAL INDISCIPLINE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE PUNCH NEWSPAPERS 1999-2007)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY “Without information there is no accountability, Information is power and the more people w...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Political participation is a voluntary act which encompasses wide range of political activities, including voting at election, contesting for...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF DEMOCRATIC RULE ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: AN ASSESSMENT OF KOGI EAST SENATORIAL DISTRICT, 1999-2012» Abstract This study is an assessment of the Impact of Democratic Rule on Socio Economic Development in Kogi East Senatorial District, from 1999 to 201...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The louts of sovereignty by various polities that dotted Nigerian landscape at the beginning of t...Continue Reading »
8. CIVIL SERVANTS’ ATTITUDE TO WORK AND EFFECTIVE SERVICE DELIVERY BY POLITICAL LEADERS IN SELECTED MDAs IN LAGOS STATE (2010-2014)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study It is the duty and responsibility of a democratic government to provide protection for the citize...Continue Reading »
9. THE POLICY OF PRIVATIZATION AND COMMERCIALIZATION OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA: AN APPRAISAL OF TELECOMMUNICATION» AbstractIt is because of social issues like economic inequalities, unemployment that made the state to interfere in economy of Nigeria. Government cho...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY: Corruption is a world wide phenomenon which has been in societies throughout history. It has...Continue Reading »