Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 29 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Environment is a surrounding atmosphere or condition for existence. Some environment are cleaner than others and that is a healthy environment, sadly some places are not. This is cause by pollution and littering.
One of the major pollutants which affect the environment is water pollution. A great number scientific paper deal with water pollution and changes driving from it. They speak for the fact that the “sewage- question” has become a central problem of humanity.
The expression “water pollution” seems to be clear to all. Nevertheless, it is worth determining its real meaning as this has charged in the course of time. Felfoldy’s (1972) precise definition is the following: “Water pollution is every impact which changes the quality of our surface and subsoil water to such a degree that is suitability either for human consumption or for the support of man’s natural life processes will decrease or cease”.
As such the tobacco industry which comprises of people and companies engaged in the growth, preparation for sale, advertisement and distribution of tobacco and tobacco related products waste discharge can add to the pollution to the environment.
The tobacco plant roots absorb essential element (Cr, Fe, Zn, As, Cd, Al, Mn and others) from the soil and diffused them up to the leaves. (Hosseini and Amirabdi Nucl. Meth. Phys Res. B190/11O/(1996). (Curtis and Rabl, 1996).the tobacco industry in Zaria discharged different pollutants in to the environment, but here we are limiting our work on the impact of the liquid waste discharged in to the environment from the company. During the preparation some of these elements contained in the tobacco leaves are being washed away together with the disposed liquid waste, from the industry in to the environment.
This liquid wastes pass through different drainages in to the Kubani Kabama and Galma rivers which form the major sources of water supply to Zaria township. It is suspected that over the years, the quantity of water from the river had gradually deteriorated as a result of domestic and industrial discharged in to a river leading to increase incidence of water related diseases (e.g typhoid) in Zaria.
The availability of nuclear research facilities, (NNRR-1)in CERT offers unique possibilities for the determination of the elements contain in the liquid waste discharged from tobacco to the environment.
1.2 The nature of the environmental impact assessment
The team “environmental assessment” describes a technique and process by which information about environmental effect of a project is collected both developer and from the sources and taken into account by the planning authority in forming their judgements on whether the development should go ahead.
1.3 ENVERONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT (EIA)
In essence, EIA is a process, a systematic process that examines the environmental consequences of development actions in advance. The emphasis, compared with many other mechanisms for environmental protection, is on prevention. The processes involve the following steps which are describes below:
· Project screening narrow the application of environmental impact assessment to those projects that may have significant environmental impact. Screening may be partly determined by the EIA regulation operating in a country at the time of the assessment.
· Scoping seek to identify at an early stage, from all off a projects possibly impacts and from the entire alternative that could be addressed, those that are crucial significant issues.
· The description of the project or development action includes a clarification of the purpose and the rationale of the projects and understanding of its various characteristics include stage of development, location and processes.
· The description of the environmental baseline includes the establishment of both the present and future state of the environment, in the absence of the project, taking in to account change resulting from natural events and from other human activities.
· The prediction of impacts aims to identify the magnitude and other dimensions of identified change in the environment with a project/action, by comparison with the situation without the project/action’
· The evaluation and assessment of significance assesses the relative significance of the predicted impact to allow a focus on the adverse impacts.
· Mitigation involves the introduction of measures to avoid, reduce, remedy or compensate for any significant adverse impact.
1.4 THE PURPOSES OF ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT
· An aid to decision- making.
Environmental impact assessment is a process with several important purposes. For the decision- maker, for example a local authority, it provides a systematic examination of the environmental implications of a proposed action, and some time alternatives before a decision is taken. The Environmental Impact Assessment can be considered by the decision-maker along with other documentation related to the planned activity.
· An aid to the formulation of development action.
Many developers no doubt see EIA as another set of hurdles to jump before they can proceed with their various activities in the permission process. It can be an aid to the formulation of development actions, indicating areas where a project can be modified to minimize or eliminate altogether its adverse impact on the environment.
1.5 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEACH.
This research work intends to
· Check if the purification plant that is supposed to be in this industry prevents the disposing of these toxic elements in to the environment by providing a treatment to capture the unwanted substances.
· To compare the result to be obtained with that of drinking water quality standard use in Nigeria.
Pollution contributes to illness of dwellers in this environment and entire people at large. In this case the wastes which converge on the river affect aquatic animals which people consumed. Famers around that area use the river which the discharge enters for irrigation during dry season. From investigation the people in this environment suffered from many diseases e.g. lung related problems, typhoid e.t.c
1.4 STATEMENT OF RESEACH PROBLEM.
Irradiation of liquid waste from the industry using INAA technique would provide result of the analysis of the waste and hence provide types and concentrations of the hazardous element that may be contained in the discharged liquid sample.
The result to be obtained may also help us to know some causes of illness the dwellers in that environment suffered from.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PHYSICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study of superconductors, it concept and the various theories are still a mystery in the field of Solid State Physics. Although a few the...Continue Reading »
2. DETERMINATION OF IRRADIATED CONTROL ROD WORTH OF NIGERIAN RESEARCH REACTOR – 1 (NIRR – 1) USING THE OPERATIONAL DATA» ABSTRACT An important parameter in the design and analysis of a nuclear reactor is the reactivity worth of the control rod which is a measure of the e...Continue Reading »
3. A STUDY ON THE COMPETENCY OF PHYSICS STUDENTS IN THE USE OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF BENIN» ABSTRACT This study investigates the competency of physics students in the use of information and communication technology in University of Benin (UNI...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is undertaken to measure the variation of terrestrial gamma radiation and the activity concentrations of U 238, Th 232 and K 40 in...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN RADIOGRAPHERS AND PATIENTS: INFLUENCE ON SERVICE DELIVERY AND PATIENT SATISFACTION.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Communication is vital to good patient care in any discipline in the health domain and there is a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study Astrophysical jets are observed in the Universe in a large variety of environments and under a wide r...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Wi Fi signals are susceptible to signal loss as they travel hence Wi Fi users are rarely completely satisfied with the signal strength offere...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is a construction of a module of a zener diode and how output voltage varies with increase in current in forwards bias using mil...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF TOBACCO COMPANY EFFLUENT FOR RADIOACTIVITY AND OTHER PARAMETERS FOR GROUNDWATER AROUND THE COMPANY IN CHIKAJI, ZARIA, KADUNA, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Twenty (20) groundwater samples, four of which are control samples, comprising of ten (10) borehole and ten (10) locally hand dug wells were ...Continue Reading »