Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 32 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Technical education dates back to the primitive days of man’s development in Nigerian when he realizes that he has to explore his environment. In order to ease his problems or difficulties associated with is means of livehood such as hunting, farming, building, trading, weaving, carving, black-smiting leather works and other related crafts. So as to improve on his way of life, which way direct towards making the individual functional in the society.
Fafunula (1974) said “functionalism was the guiding principle the emphasis of African education was social responsibility and job orientation” The apprenticeship of the individual was usually done under ones parents or master craftman until proficiency was achieved. Since then, man in Nigeria has tried to improve this education to help him solve most of his numerous difficulties within a limited time scope with accuracy and economy.
Traditionally, this type of education continued from one generation to another with very little or no modification commonly referred to as “ Traditional Education” This continued till the arrival of the Christian missionaries and Islamic scholars that brought about Christian/western Education and Islamic education respectively both having their aims and objective which neither individed technical education nor technological development. The situation was further aggravated by the colonialists who were all out in their system of education to produce administrators, clerks and those who with carryout their assignment with ease of communication as such education was geared towards “ white collar” rather than “ blue colar jobs. The turning point towards technical education started when offices were filled up anf the white-collar job became very hard to come by anymore. Technical education as well as electrical/electronics as a subject. The national policy on education (1998, which described technical education as the types of education which is designed and directed towards, the acquisition of practical, applied skills and scientific knowledge in order to prepare the individual towards self sustenance and further studies.
Skill which the back borne of vocational/technical education is most required for the success of the training itself by both the teacher and the learner, taking a very close observation at technical education it would be seen that they are closely related as technical education imparts that knowledge and skill required while technician is the application of the acquired knowledge and skills.
Electrical/Electronics as a subject in Technical education has sill requirements for effective teaching and learning as well as putting it into practice, which is transformed inputs into outputs.
Technician is a person who is trained or skilled in the technicalities of a subject. A technician is a worker in a field of technology who is proficient in the relevant skills and techniques, with a relatively practical understanding of the theoretical principle.
Skills every electrical/electronic technician need although this career route nay be attractive to a lot of people, there are some electrical/electronics technician requirements that cannot be taught in a classroom or during an apprenticeship.
It is important to consider whether you have the following skills necessary to be good at the job, other wise your safety and the safety of those around you may be in jeopardy:
1. Mechanical aptitude:- it might seem obvious but not everyone has an innate sense of mechanics. If you have always enjoyed taking things apart to see how they work and are successfully able to put them back together, electrical work might be a good fit. On the other hand, if a simple do it yourself project leaves you frustrated, this might not be the right career path for you. Being comfortable around electrical/electronic work and being confident in your own abilities is a must.
2. Problem solving skill:- Diagnosing and repairing electrical/electronics problem is a large part of a technician’s job. Once the apprenticeship is over, you will be largely on your own to respond to issues and find their solution. Understanding an overall electrical/electronic problem and investigating ways to fix it is a critical component of this job. Learning how to identify the relative strengths and weaknesses; of alternative solutions to problems is another vital skill for a successful career as an electrical/electronics technician.
3. Reading comprehension:- Many work orders are assigned to electricians through written communications, either on paper or though Email. Interpreting these work orders and writing a summary of your own work are important components to ensure job details are followed properly and so other electrician can understand your methods should they work on the project after you.
Statement of the problem
The goals of the National policy on Education (1998) cannot be fully realized without the development of appropriate skills. With the rapid and recent developments in the electrical/electronics world and information technology, the need to have more skilled electrical/electronics technicians to take care of these products for their maintenances for effectiveness in a necessity. This has to be met with the seriousness. It deserve so as to avoid future problems and this is pivoted on skill needs of the electrical/electronic technician.
A short teaching experience revealed poorly developed skills in graduating students of a technical college and further inquiry into the reasons revealed that either the skills were wrongly taught or not even taught at all. This boil down to either the technician does not know the skills, he does not know how to teach the skills or cannot even remember the skills to be taught. This study is aimed at determining and analyzing those factors that are directly or indirectly militating against the skill improvement need of electrical/electronics technician. It will go a long way in disclosing certain factors or problems that would have contributed or would have affected the practical skill improvement need to those electrical/electronics technician. These problem areas will be highlighted with the hope of helping the authorities concerned to set the necessary machinery in motion in a bid to arresting the ugly situation.
Purpose of the study
The purpose of this study is to find out factor that would enhance the skill improvement needs electrical/electronics technicians in technical colleges in Kaduna state and specifically to:
i. Determine the status of electrical/electronics technicians.
ii. Find out how electrical/electronics technician manage their workshop.
iii. Determine the availability of electrical/electronics practical materials.
Significance of the study
The findings of the study would be useful to the various levels of Government, federal, state and local including technician of electrical/electronics, public and private establishments. Technician of skills would be greatly improved specially, the expected as well as the needed skills will be imparted to the student. The students will gain from these skills and later apply this in life. The future maintenances and servicing of the products of technological development in the near future and the hanging world which requires diverse skill when they are self employed or in industries.
The industries (private establishments) where these students would later work are also in the list hence those who would be fortunate to be employed in industries would exhibit these skills thereby reducing initial losses due to lack of skill and anxiety.
The Government (Public establishments) at all levels is also in the list of beneficiaries of this study. There would be rise in Gross Domestic product (GDP) of the nation as many individuals would be well equipped to be on their own and in industry.
The following research question have been formulated to guide the researchers in the study:
1. What are the status of Electrical/Electronics technicians?
2. How do Electrical/Electronics Technicians manage their workshop?
3. How available are the Electrical/Electronics practical materials provided in the workshop?
Scope and Delimitation
The study will be delimited to the skill improvement needs of Electrical/Electronics technicians in technical colleges in Kaduna state. This study will focus on the status of the Electrical/Electronics technicians how the technicians manage their workshops and to as well determine the availability of electrical/electronics practical materials.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PHYSICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS OF LIQUID WASTE GENERATED BY BRITISH AMERICAN TABACCO COMPANY USING INSTRUMENTAL NEUTRON ACTIVATION ANALYSIS (INAA) TECHNIQUES» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Environment is a surrounding atmosphere or condition for existence. Some environment are cleaner than others and that is ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT There is a general believe today that the increased emission of green house gases especially carbon dioxides (CO2) which is believed to have ...Continue Reading »
3. APPLICATION OF RADIOMETRIC METHOD TO DETERMINE RADIOGENIC HEAT AROUND RAFIN REWA HOT SPRING, LERE, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Detailed ground radiometric survey covering 400m x 400m of part of Lere sheet, Kaduna state, Nigeria was carried out. The research was aimed ...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN RADIOGRAPHERS AND PATIENTS: INFLUENCE ON SERVICE DELIVERY AND PATIENT SATISFACTION.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Communication is vital to good patient care in any discipline in the health domain and there is a...Continue Reading »
» Abstract What are the states of physics laboratories in secondary schools? Are there laboratory factors constituting constraints to effective teaching...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE AND RADIATION PROTECTION IN SOME SELECTED WELL-LOGGING AND INDUSTRIAL RADIOGRAPHY FACILITIES IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Nigeria has for a very long time engaged in the peaceful application of nuclear technology. The use of ionizing radiation due to its unique p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Wi Fi signals are susceptible to signal loss as they travel hence Wi Fi users are rarely completely satisfied with the signal strength offere...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT A solar tracker is a device for orienting a photovoltaic array solar photovoltaic panel or conc...Continue Reading »
9. EXAMINATION OF NATURAL RADIOACTIVITY IN BUILDING MATERIAL IN KATSINA STATE USING GAMMA RAY SPECTROSCOPY (A CASE STUDY OF CEMENT BLOCK)» AbstractTwenty Concrete Blocks from (20) different Local Governments in Katsina state wasmeasured using Gamma Ray Spectroscopy with NaI (TL) detector....Continue Reading »
» ABSRACT This paper work contains details of the design and construction of a remote control fan regulator. The system simply consists of an infrared (...Continue Reading »