Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Water is a liquid mineral. It consist of two atoms of hydrogen combined with one atom of oxygen. Water is a tasteless, odourless and colourless mobile liquid except in large volume where it appears blue. It has a melting point of OoC (320f) and a boiling point of 1000C (2120f). water is a basic necessity of life, in the absence higher animals survive only but a few hours or days. It has several uses such as washing cooking, food processing ,swimming, and among others. Out of these uses, drinking of water seems to be the most sensitive as it could have a direct deleterious impact on health of human beings.
Therefore, drinking water should be potable free diseases, or toxic substance (Beren 1991) .
Water is portable when it is colourless. Odourless, or tasteless and also free from poisonous, corroding, staining substances as well as disease casuiong oirganisms (Cruich 1972). The problem of providing safe and adequate water is as old as life on earth. Water can be made unifit or unsafe for drinking it contamination occurs either by nature or activities of human beings.
Perhaps the greatest danger associated with drinking water is contamination by human excrement (Forest 1979). In most cases, the pollution/contamination is hardly severe and is not particularly detrimental to health.
Thus a few substances and microbes that are health hazard do occur in water, and can cause illness or even death. From microbiological point of view, the pathogens most frequently transmitted through water supply ranges from ultrasmall virus to the microspic bacteria and relatively large cysts entemoeba instolytica. These organism cense infectrons of intestinal trach, when consumed censing amebic dysentery, and Gardia lamblia is a protozoa responsible for Giadiasis. Defective plumbing for example was the cause of out break during the world fair in Chicago 1933 (Garelick 1987) water borne disease cause acute diarrhoe, often last 2-3 months. The most common water borne disease can be by bacteria includes typhoid fever, paratyphoid. Asiatic cholera and bacteria dysentery.
Other disease that may be transmitted by water include brucellosis, shige /losis, these disease are consuming. Untreated water (Hetolett 1921) various countries of the world and the world Health organisation (WHO) has set up standards for water quality against which the level of pollution can be assessed. The world Health organization (WHO) National Agency for food and Drug Administration control (NAFDAC), standard for potable water include the following, that in 100ml of water coliform bacteria should be absent, total plate count of bacteria growth should be 100 CFU/ML of water. Hence the sanitary Quality of water should not be over looked since contaminated water can cause health hazards when consumed.
According to guideline for drinking water quality of WHO (1998)
WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION STANDARD FOR DRINKING WATER
5.0 – 9.0
15 Hazen unit
1.1 AIMS / OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of this projects is to make comparative analysis of Enugu state water cooperation provide against supplies.
To identify contamination microbial advice on measures to control pollution of water bodies etc.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
The treated water produced by Enugu state water co-operation could be contaminated by defective plumbing which cause the rush of water out of the pipe forming pull mixed with sewage matters. The pull eventually suck back through the burst pipe into the pipe line being distributed to various location and collected as drinking water.
H.O: there is difference in the microbial load of water from Enugu state water operation at point of production against the load as the point of supply and consumption.
HI: There is statistical differences between the microbial load of water from the Enugu state water co-operation as the production point against the load as supply and consumption point.
1.4 SCOPE OF LIMITATION
The project is set to identify only microbial pollutants the method of microbial analysis is limited to the techniques and materials available in our laboratory as against high tech equipment which may be found else where.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTS OF ANTHROPOENIC ACTIVITIES AND DOMESTIC WASTE ON SURFACE WATER QUALITY (A CASE STUDY OF RIVER NIGER IN KATCHA L.G.A, NIGER)...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Water is essential for life. Man needs water for various other purposes apart from drinking a...Continue Reading »
2. PHYTOCHEMICAL AND ANTIMICROBIAL SCREENINGOF THE STEM BARK EXTRACT(S) OFINDIGOFERA ARRECTAHOCHST EX A. RICH(FABACEAE)» ABSTRACT The Pulverized stem bark of Indigofera arrectawas exhaustively extracted with methanol and concentrated in vacuo using rotary evaporator at 4...Continue Reading »
» BSTRACTJuice was extracted from banana (Musa sapientum) pulp with the addition of lemon juice and was inoculated with Baker’s yeast (Saccharomyces c...Continue Reading »
4. BIOCONTROL POTENTIAL OF BACILLUS THURINGIENSIS ISOLATED FROM SOIL SAMPLES AGAINST LARVA OF MOSQUITO» ABSTRACT A major challenge for achieving successful mosquito control is overcoming insecticide resistance. Bacillus thuringiensis which is one of the ...Continue Reading »
5. DETOXIFICATION AND ANTI-NUTRIENT REDUCTION OF JATROPHA CURCAS SEED CAKE BY FERMENTATION USING BACILLUS SPECIES» ABSTRACT Jatropha curcas seed cake is a by product generated from the oil extraction of J. curcas seed a biodiesel producing plant‘s seed. Altho...Continue Reading »
6. DETECTION OF HEPATITIS C AND HEPATITIS B VIRUS INFECTION AMONG PRISON INMATES AND PSYCHIATRIC PATIENTS IN KADUNA METROPOLIS, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT There is high risk of contracting hepatitis B and C among individuals with psychotic disorders due to lifestyle factors and prisoners globall...Continue Reading »
7. MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE PROFILE AND METALLO-BETA-LACTAMASE PRODUCTION IN Pseudomonas aeruginosa ISOLATED FROM THE NASAL CAVITY OF CATTLE FROM KARA MARKET...» ABSTRACT Pseudomonas aeruginosa is an ubiquitous, Gram negative, rod shaped, monoflagellated bacterium, capable of causing serious infections in immun...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTFruit juices are very nutritive, invigorating and non alcoholic beverage, which is very well liked throughout the world. Juice may be squeezed...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Traditional medical practice has assumed exalted status in various communities around the world (Mathabe et al., 2006). P...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research project studies the analysis of pear and its oil. The mesocarp from edible African pear “DacryodesEdulis” were evalu...Continue Reading »