Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Certification Page iii
Table of contents vi
List of Tables viii
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the Study 1
1.2 Statement of the Problem 2
1.3 Objective of the Study 3
1.4 Research Questions 3
1.5 Research Hypotheses 4
1.6 Significance of the Study 4
1.7 Scope of the Study 5
1.8 Definition of Terms 5
1.9 Limitation of the study 6
2.0 LITERATURE REVIEW 8
2.1 Sources of Literature 8
2.2. Definition of Mass Media 8
2..2.1 Concepts of Development 10
2.2.2 Objectives of Rural Communities 12
2.2.3 NTA in the place of Development 12
2.2.4 NTA Role in Development 17
2.2.5 Bottle necks to NTA in achieving Economic development 19
2.3 Theoretical Framework 20
2.4 Summary 20
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.2 Research Design 23
3.3 Area of the Study 24
3.4 Population of the Study 24
3.5 Sample and Sampling Techniques 24
3.6 Instrument for Data Collection 24
3.7 Validity and Reliability of Data gathering Instrument 25
3.8 Method of Data Collection 27
3.9 Method of Data Analysis 27
CHAPTER FOUR: DATA PRESENTATION AND
DISCUSSION OF FINDINGS
4.1 Data Presentation and Analysis 30
4.2 Discussion of Findings 41
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY, CONCLUSION
5.2 Summary of Findings 44
5.3 Conclusion 45
5.4 Recommendations 46
5.5 Suggestions for further studies 47
Appendix A 50
Appendix B 51
This work is aimed at examining the roles of NTA in economic development. It also looked at some of the problems that confront the mass media in carrying out these tasks of Nigerian economic development. The researcher adopted survey method with questionnaire distributed to the respondents. A total of 180 respondents were collected, analyzed and interpreted. Two hypotheses were tested and analyzed using simple percentages and chi-square. The result of the study shows that NTA plays great roles in economic development in Coal Camp Community. There was also a glaring indication that people have less access to watch and equally not equipped enough technologically. This could also account to the low attention being given to the communication by development planners in Nigeria.
1.1 Background of the Study
NTA Enugu is the focus of this study and it comprises television. The sophistication of these media of communication distinguished it as wonders to communication.
NTA is an institution used for simultaneous transmission of information to a wide and divergent audience. Although different media types, yet they represent the attempt of man to relate to and interact with other men. It is clear to note that communication has been enhanced nationally and internationally with the use of modern technology. Aniabona (2005) in his contribution to the impact of broadcasting in a developing context has this to say about broadcasting. “Broadcast media are powerful and effective instruments for achieving national goals such as wide spread education for both children and adults in other to realize the set down objectives in economic growth, healthcare, political and social awareness, political stability, self-reliance and national identity among other things.”
NTA is aimed at presenting programmes like news, drama, interviews, health and family planning, religious programmes and agricultural programmes.
What we say NTA is an instrument through which information are conveyed to a divergent audience, the electronic media concludes the radio, television and cinema. Our focus is on the television, as the first source to which people time to for the latest development in time of war or crises.
Nigeria television authority Enugu (NTA) shares in the responsibility of educating, informing, entertaining, persuading and advertising. It operates on both private and commercial operations and it is rated high by its audience, for its request and information packaged including educational programmes. The station studies hard in various ways to assent themselves. It delivers its audience on music while others are on discussions on special political economic education, social cultural and religious issues; NTA goes for the audience which hasahs the purchasing power. NTA Enugu in its impact in economic development undertake advertisement, sponsored programmes, public service announcement to enhance its finished based and educational programmes are devised in its impacts to promote products and enhance the training of professionals and thereby contribute effectively in the economic development of Nigeria.
1.2 Statement of Research Problem
As stated earlier, the impact of the broadcast media especially television is enormous despite the problems facing them in discharging their responsibilities. One thing certain is that television helps in economic development due to its easy reach and penetration to diverse and scattered audience, the literacy level not withstanding. But of all these impacts and contributions to the economic development of Nigeria, there are still cases of poor funding and poor management of the broadcast media especially television.
Thus, the researcher investigated the impact of Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) Enugu in the economic development of Coal Camp Community of Enugu South Local Government area of Enugu State.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the study were:
1. To find out if NTA has been of help to Coal Camp development.
2. To find out how NTA has faired in the economic development of Nigeria, through its duty of information dissemination.
3. To find out if NTA has helped in creating impact towards the economic development of Coal camp community.
4. Creating awareness on the development of Coal Camp Community through some of its educational programmes.
1.4 Research Questions
1. To what extent has NTA been of help to Coal Camp Community‟s development?
2. To what extent has NTA faired in the economic development of Nigeria, through its duty of information dissemination?
3. To what extent does NTA help in creating impact towards the economic development of Coal Camp Community?
4. What awareness does NTA create on the development of Coal Camp Community through some of its educational programmes?
1.5 Research Hypotheses
The following research questions were relevant to this study
H1. Nigeria Television Authority Enugu (NTA) has been of help to Coal Camp
Ho: Nigeria Television Authority Enugu (NTA) has not been of help to Coal Camp Community.
H2: Nigeria Television authority Enugu (NTA) has been creating awareness on the development of Coal Camp Community through some of its educational programmes.
Ho: Nigeria Television Authority Enugu (NTA) has not created awareness on the development of Coal Camp Community through some of its educational programmes.
1.6 Significance of The Study
Television as a medium of information has been recognized as the most useful media, which its message cuts across the barriers of literacy.
Television is the true mass media in the third world because it really reaches the masses. In Nigeria for example, the use of television as a source of information is truly widespread even among rural dwellers who make up the majority of the country‟s population.
The focus of this study based on term and parameters defined by the researcher was to find out how NTA Enugu has faired in the economic development of Coal Camp Community of Enugu State through its duty of information dissemination.
It would also be pertinent to point out that this study will benefit both government and NTA. It will also be very relevant to researchers and of course, the people residing at Coal Camp.
1.7 Scope of the Study
This study covered NTA Enugu for the period of time extending from means that the study spanned through five months.
1.8 Definition of Terms
The following definition of this study
This is defined as a medium through which information a re passed to a large audience either by television, radio, film and cinema. Television and ratio media pass information from the studio which goes through the transmitter then to the television or radio of the audience.
Influence is defined as an element believed to determine some one‟s character or individual tendencies or the ability to change the development of fluctuating things such as behaviours.
Television is a system of transmitting and reviewing of images over a great distance which means seeing at a distance, it contains both sound and visuals.
This is a wholistic act embracing and ongoing, phenomenon, the manifestation of which is measured by the level of positive socio-cultural, geo-political economic, educational and religious transformation of a people or nation.
Nigeria Television Authority (Nta)
Nigeria television authority is a federal owned television station which has its locations all over the 36 states in Nigeria. This particular study is on the NTA located in Enugu, it is federal owned and which its broadcast is in Enugu State as whole and other neighbouring states as well. NTA educates, entertains and informs the people of these States.
1.9 Limitation of the Study
This study which by its term has every segment of the society to study ranging from the local, state, to the national level vis-à-vis, the roles of NTA in shaping, licensing and moderating their social, economic, political and cultural fortunes. They study should have covered every segment from rural to the national level. But because of some glancing factors, the researcher had to narrow his investigative efforts within Enugu metropolis.
Time availability to the researcher was grossly inadequate as the researcher has to attend lectures, among others. Again the study has a time frame within which it must be completed; therefore efforts were geared towards achieving these goals.
Also, lack of fund made it difficult for the respects to impact of NTA effects on their overall well-being and economic development
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ETHICAL CHALLENGES IN JOURNALISM PRACTICE IN SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF RIVERS, BAYELSA AND DELTA STATES» ABSTRACT The journalism profession has great impact on the individuals and society at large, hence it is expected that its ethical principles be adher...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Journalism is one social institution that requires freedom to effectively function in society. It...Continue Reading »
3. THE INFLUENCE OF PROSTATE CANCER AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS ON THE KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND PRACTICES OF MEN IN SOUTH-EASTERN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was designed to investigate the influence of Prostate cancer awareness campaigns on the knowledge, attitude and practices of men i...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF THE MEDIA IN MITIGATING AGAINST FEMALE SECONDARY SCHOOL DROP OUTS: A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN SABON GARI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.1 Introduction Education is a process of mapping experiences and finding a variety of reliable routes to opt...Continue Reading »
5. THE INFLUENCE OF AIT COVERAGE ON POST 2011 ELECTION SENTIMENTS AMONG RESIDENTS OF KABALA DOKI, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Mass Media remain one of the most potent weapons in influencing time. This is why it has been observed that no...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION Theatre can be defined as a performance for the purpose of entertainment, information, education or communication. Th...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF BROADCAST MEDIA CAMPAIGN AGAINST BREAST CANCER: A STUDY OF WOMEN IN ENUGU SOUTH LGA» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of broadcast media campaign against Breast Cancer among women in Enugu metropolis. What triggered a research i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is rare these days to see adverts broadcast on television without women playing prominent and ...Continue Reading »
» THESIS STATEMENT Stage play production management is an area in theatre that most people shy away from due to a perceived lack of funds.[EA1] In view ...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF BREATH-AWAY PROGRAMMES (CRBC-TV) ON CHILDREN AS RELATED TO SOCIAL BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS IN NIGERIA- A CASE STUDY OF YAKURR LGA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study This chapter gives us an introduction to the research „‟Impact of Breath away (CRBC TV) ...Continue Reading »