Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 35 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Tourism is viewed as a science of attraction, transportation, accommodation, catering for visitors and their needs.
Professor Hunziker & Kraft (1941) see tourism as “the sum of the phenomena and relationships arising from the travel and stay of non-residents, insofar as they do not lead to permanent residence and are not connected with any earning activity.”
It is important to note that for tourism sector to be boosted for a high level of profit in the state, communication is necessary. The essence of communication is to influence the behavior and pattern of the tourist about an attraction so that the effect of the message on the target audience tourist by the sender or source of that message will go a long way by the use of media.
Electronic media denote a section of the media specially designed to reach a larger audience.
The term ‘media’ was coined in the 1920 with the advent of nationwide radio network, mass circulation, newspaper and magazines. Electronic media includes television, radio, telephone, desktop computer, satellite, etc.
The media is enjoying broader use every day with an increase in electronic devices being made. Technology has become a time consuming act that distracts youths from interacting personally with friends through face to face contact.
A search carried out by Wellman (2015) found out that 33% of internet user said that the internet has increased the quality of their communication with family members.
The media constitute channels in which messages are being disseminated to the large heterogeneous audience which plays a vital role in shaping the attitude of the receivers. Such channels are television, radio, desktop, computer, etc.
Tourism industry can contribute positively to the economic output of the required attention by using the appropriate media channels. The gain that can be gotten through the tourism industry includes generating revenues, provision of employment, private sectors growth, infrastructure and superstructure development.
Tourism is not only the world largest trade, but a phenomenon of great social importance as well as economic importance. It is a mass movement of people impacting on a large member of destination visited and many services trade with major consequence.
Thus, benefits from tourists to the state through foreign exchange earnings from international tourist generating as tourism labor incentive.
The need for people to work in tourism and tourist related establishment will create general development in the form of infrastructure and social service, improving environment through protecting and preserving peace and inter-state understanding.
This is also the diversification of the economy, as tourism could directly and indirectly include the development of economic activities and services such as tourism gift shop, agriculture, transportation, health centers, education, security agencies, arts and craft shops, etc.
1.2 Statement of Research Problems
Despite the contribution of the media in the promotion and development of tourism activities in the state, the governments have not fully utilized the media towards uplifting the tourism industry in the state.
Other providers of tourism service in the state are not fully making use of the Kaduna State Media Corporation (KSMC) in promoting their products and other tourism attraction to the general public in the state due to the ignorance of what the media can do in terms of awareness and enlightenment as promotion or of tourist attraction.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the study are;
1. To examine the role of Kaduna State Media Corporation (KSMC) in the development and promotion of tourism attractions in Kaduna State.
2. To assess the contribution of media in the promotion of tourism in Kaduna State.
3. To identify the problems of media in tourism promotion.
4 To examine the extent of the use of media as a means of communication in the state.
5 To identify tourism practitioners who use the media to promote their products and services in the state.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The findings of this study will be significant to the government of Kaduna State as it will create awareness and encourage the government to formulate a sound policy that will enhance tourism promotion and development using media, private sectors, individuals, etc, will benefit from the finding of the research study as it will educate them on the contribution of media in the development of tourism in the state. Staff, students, and tourism practitioners will form a reference material for future research. It is also hoped that the study will be significant to other electronic media practitioners as it will expose and educate them on their positive contribution in promoting tourism in the state.
1.5 Scope of the Study
The scope of this study, which is to cover the media as a tool for tourism development and promotion with a view to understand how effective they are, and to ascertain the degree of success or failure of the Kaduna State Media Corporation (KSMC)to tourism development in Kaduna state.
Also, the study will highlight the history of Kaduna state Media Corporation (KSMC), the level of tourism development, tourism attractions and their locations in the state. The study will analyze the contribution of media and the problems militating against effective use of media in the promotion and development of tourism attractions in the state and possible solutions and recommendations to the problems.
1.6 Research Questions
a) What are the roles of Kaduna State Media Corporation to the development and promotion of tourist attractions in Kaduna state?
b) How can the media promote and develop tourist attractions in the state?
c) What are the problems affecting media in promoting products in tourism industry?
d) What are the solutions and recommendations that will enhance the effective use of media?
e) How can tourism practitioners be encouraged to use the media to promote their products and services?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study set out to examine the role advertisement in educating the consumers with viewers of select commercials as a case study. For effect...Continue Reading »
2. AN ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC PERCEPTION OF THE USE OF CELEBRITIES IN BILLBOARD ADVERTISING IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Recent trends in advertising have revealed that marketers and advertising agencies prefer the use...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF RADIO PROGRAMMES IN IMPROVING THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF ESBS/IMT POLY AIR PROGRAMME» ABSTRACT Development is the process of moving the world or mobilizing communities as a whole to engage in the task of self improvement with the availa...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study analysed University of Uyo students’ perception of religious advertisements on billboards in Uyo. The research technique employe...Continue Reading »
5. The impact of phone-in programmes in sensitizing the electorate, a case study of Osun State Broadcasting Corporation» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The need to introduce the effect programmes in sensitizing the electorate as necessitude the writ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION Traditional communication is regarded here as the products of the interplay between a traditional...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Mbadugha (2000:48) defined information technology (IT) as the application of technology to inform...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study examines the influence of graphics in the newspaper publication with focus on the Punch newspaper. Graphics plays a very prominent ...Continue Reading »
9. RADIO LISTENERSHIP PATTERN AMONG MARKET WOMEN IN ILORIN METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF GBAJI MARKET WOMEN, IBADAN AND OBADA WOMEN MARKET, IREE)» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »
10. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE INFLUENCE OF NTA EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES ON SECONDARY SCHOOL CHILDREN IN PORT HARCOURT METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Television is an important medium of communication in the 21st century. It is used for several re...Continue Reading »