Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
In the time past, language attitudes has been analyzed and debated upon with respect to how languages can be endangered, and how they can die. The two main points to be considered in this research are: attitude and language, and how teenagers manipulate them.
Attitude is defined as the way that one thinks and feels about somebody or something, the way that one behaves towards somebody or something that shows how one thinks and feels. While language is defined as the system of communication in speech and writing that is used by people of a particular country. Also, another dictionary definition of language is a particular style of speaking or writing.
So for the purpose of further development and preservation of the Ibibio Language, this research is going to be concerned with the behaviour exhibited by teenagers In Uyo, AkwaIbom State particularly those in the Uyo Local Government Area of the State to their indigenous language
1.2 Significance and Scope of the Study
The study “language attitudes among teenagers and its effects” is a study of how language is being approached and manipulated by teenagers in Uyo district of Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, for their day-to-day interaction, fellowship and relationship.
1.3 Purpose of this Study
This research aims at seeing why teenagers behave the way they do to language (what influence and inform the behaviour so exhibited to language), see the effect of their behaviour on their indigenous language, and proffer possible solutions aimed at internalizing the language in the minds of these teenagers thereby preserving the language.
In analyzing various related texts in relation to this field, a socio-linguistic method of approach is used in examining the behaviour or attitudes exhibited by teenagers in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State to their indigenous language vis-à-vis English and pidgin.
Also, questionnaires are used in the observation of their attitude to language as a means of data collection.
1.5 Statement of the Problem
Most language users do not see the language that they speak as a definition of their race, their culture, and their personality. Negligence, ignorance and quest to follow the current trend have left Africans in general and Nigerians in particular far from their root – their source/who they really are.
So in this research, ways in which we have drifted from our culture (through the embracing of a foreign language) are being elaborated upon, and suggestions on how to re-position our attitude to our indigenous language are made explicit.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF EXTENSION AGENTS’ COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES IN PROMOTING NEW RICE FOR AFRICA (NERICA) TECHNOLOGY AMONG RICE FARMERS IN OFADA, OGUN STAT...» ABSTRACT This study focused on evaluating the effectiveness of extension agents’ communication strategies in promoting the New Rice for Africa Techn...Continue Reading »
2. AN EVALUATION OF THE USE OF INTERACTIVE RADIO INSTRUCTION STRATEGY IN EDUCATING NOMADIC CHILDREN IN NORTHERN NIGERIA.» Abstract It is unarguably a fact that the provision of basic education for all citizens, especially children, remains a sacred responsibility of gover...Continue Reading »
3. ACADEMIC INDISCIPLINE AND FAILURE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ENUGU EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT This study investigated Academic Indiscipline and Failure among Secondary School Students. (A case study of some selected schools in Enugu Ea...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Health is the most ingredients of life, deny man of that, he re impotent in life people do not value their life or state of hea...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND Poverty, the inability to provide the basic necessities of life for one’s self. This inability has divi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Television as a mass medium of communication has become a very important and most effective medium of communication ever ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract For more than a decade now, one of the centerpieces of socio economic development, and foreign aid has been the effort to attain the Millenni...Continue Reading »
8. COMMUNICATION AS INDISPENSIBLE TOOL OF EFFECTIVE ADMINISTRATION/ A CASE STUDY OF FIRS UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY According Richter, (2000), communication is the process of meaningful interaction among human bei...Continue Reading »
9. THE DETERMINANCE OF INDUCED ABORTION AMONG UNDERGRADUATES STUDENTS IN NIGERIA (Case study of University of Benin)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Abortion is the ending of pregnancy by removing a fetus or embryo before it can survive outside t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The past fifteen years or more, the world has played host to a lot of technological innovations o...Continue Reading »