Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
In the time past, language attitudes has been analyzed and debated upon with respect to how languages can be endangered, and how they can die. The two main points to be considered in this research are: attitude and language, and how teenagers manipulate them.
Attitude is defined as the way that one thinks and feels about somebody or something, the way that one behaves towards somebody or something that shows how one thinks and feels. While language is defined as the system of communication in speech and writing that is used by people of a particular country. Also, another dictionary definition of language is a particular style of speaking or writing.
So for the purpose of further development and preservation of the Ibibio Language, this research is going to be concerned with the behaviour exhibited by teenagers In Uyo, AkwaIbom State particularly those in the Uyo Local Government Area of the State to their indigenous language
1.2 Significance and Scope of the Study
The study “language attitudes among teenagers and its effects” is a study of how language is being approached and manipulated by teenagers in Uyo district of Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, for their day-to-day interaction, fellowship and relationship.
1.3 Purpose of this Study
This research aims at seeing why teenagers behave the way they do to language (what influence and inform the behaviour so exhibited to language), see the effect of their behaviour on their indigenous language, and proffer possible solutions aimed at internalizing the language in the minds of these teenagers thereby preserving the language.
In analyzing various related texts in relation to this field, a socio-linguistic method of approach is used in examining the behaviour or attitudes exhibited by teenagers in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State to their indigenous language vis-à-vis English and pidgin.
Also, questionnaires are used in the observation of their attitude to language as a means of data collection.
1.5 Statement of the Problem
Most language users do not see the language that they speak as a definition of their race, their culture, and their personality. Negligence, ignorance and quest to follow the current trend have left Africans in general and Nigerians in particular far from their root – their source/who they really are.
So in this research, ways in which we have drifted from our culture (through the embracing of a foreign language) are being elaborated upon, and suggestions on how to re-position our attitude to our indigenous language are made explicit.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. COMMUNICATION: THE KEY IN EFFECTIVE PUBLIC RELATION (A Case study of DAAR Communication Limited) (AIT/RAY POWER)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Nolte (1974), one of the legendary public relation consultant and other said, “That are two requirements for success in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The latest trends in media technologies have changed the entire system of newspaper production an...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Tom and Jerry, a type of cartoon children enjoy watching, was chosen as the case study, with sample drawn from pupils of Uwani Primary School...Continue Reading »
4. NIGERIAN NEWSPAPERS AND THE COVERAGE OF DEVELOPMENT ISSUES: AN ANALYSIS OF THIS DAY AND DAILY TRUST NEWSPAPERS (JANUARY TO DECEMBER, 2011)» ABSTRACT The study with the title: ``Nigerian Newspapers and the Coverage of Development Issues: An analysis of Thisday and Daily Trust Newspapers (Ja...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An online newspaper is the online version of a newspaper, either as a stand alone publication or ...Continue Reading »
6. TELEVISION AS AN INSTRUMENT OF EDUCATIONAL ADVANCEMENT IN KOGI STATE (A case study of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja)» Abstract The study examined television as an instrument of Educational Advancement in Kogi State using Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja as a case study....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Experts in the nation‘s media and marketing communication industries at a forum organized b...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In its 1956 history, the Nigeria news media has evolved from endorsing colonial missionary catech...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT From all indications, it has become obvious that the mass media has a great role to play in the management of human rights abuse in Nigeria, ...Continue Reading »
10. THE INFLUENCE OF AIT COVERAGE ON POST 2011 ELECTION SENTIMENTS AMONG RESIDENTS OF KABALA DOKI, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Mass Media remain one of the most potent weapons in influencing time. This is why it has been observed that no...Continue Reading »