Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
In the time past, language attitudes has been analyzed and debated upon with respect to how languages can be endangered, and how they can die. The two main points to be considered in this research are: attitude and language, and how teenagers manipulate them.
Attitude is defined as the way that one thinks and feels about somebody or something, the way that one behaves towards somebody or something that shows how one thinks and feels. While language is defined as the system of communication in speech and writing that is used by people of a particular country. Also, another dictionary definition of language is a particular style of speaking or writing.
So for the purpose of further development and preservation of the Ibibio Language, this research is going to be concerned with the behaviour exhibited by teenagers In Uyo, AkwaIbom State particularly those in the Uyo Local Government Area of the State to their indigenous language
1.2 Significance and Scope of the Study
The study “language attitudes among teenagers and its effects” is a study of how language is being approached and manipulated by teenagers in Uyo district of Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, for their day-to-day interaction, fellowship and relationship.
1.3 Purpose of this Study
This research aims at seeing why teenagers behave the way they do to language (what influence and inform the behaviour so exhibited to language), see the effect of their behaviour on their indigenous language, and proffer possible solutions aimed at internalizing the language in the minds of these teenagers thereby preserving the language.
In analyzing various related texts in relation to this field, a socio-linguistic method of approach is used in examining the behaviour or attitudes exhibited by teenagers in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State to their indigenous language vis-à-vis English and pidgin.
Also, questionnaires are used in the observation of their attitude to language as a means of data collection.
1.5 Statement of the Problem
Most language users do not see the language that they speak as a definition of their race, their culture, and their personality. Negligence, ignorance and quest to follow the current trend have left Africans in general and Nigerians in particular far from their root – their source/who they really are.
So in this research, ways in which we have drifted from our culture (through the embracing of a foreign language) are being elaborated upon, and suggestions on how to re-position our attitude to our indigenous language are made explicit.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine the extent to which the “Share a Coke” campaign influenced university students’ patronage of Coc...Continue Reading »
94 pages | 162 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. ASSESSING THE INFLUENCE OF TOOTHPASTE ADVERTISING ON CONSUMER BRAND PREFERENCE IN MAKURDI METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at assessing the influence of toothpaste advertising on consumer brand preference in Makurdi metropolis. The objectives o...Continue Reading »
109 pages | 33 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. AUDIENCE PERCEPTION OF THE MEDIA IN MOBILIZING WOMEN FOR POLITICAL PARTICIPATION: A CASE STUDY OF MANDO RESIDENTS OF KADUNA METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The practice of purdar is an extreme form of the denial of participation rights of women. More ge...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 232 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. NIGERIA FILM AS AN INSTRUMENT FOR NATIONAL UNITY (A CASE STUDY OF HALF OF A YELLOW SUN BY BANDELE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Over the years, Nigerian films or movies have become extremely popular among Nigerians at home an...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 260 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Health is the most ingredients of life, deny man of that, he re impotent in life people do not value their life or state of hea...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 188 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Television is incorporated within the c child‟s inner world. In discussing about television and...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY New technological inventions can have a great impact in organizations through its contributions t...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 342 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» (A CASE STUDY OF AFRICA INDEPENDENT TELEVISION (AIT) LAGOS) ABSTRACT This project is mainly focused on the Implications of National Broadcasting Commi...Continue Reading »
37 pages | 784 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
9. IMPACT OF ENUGU STATE BROADCASTING SERVICE (E.S.B.S) RADIO ON VOTERS’ MOBILIZAITON DURING ELECTION IN 2011» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The electronic media began with radio transmission services. According to Agba (2006), radio bega...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 640 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» Abstract The study seeks to assess the social media perception and usage among students of Nigerian universities. Three research questions guided the ...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 191 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION