Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
In the time past, language attitudes has been analyzed and debated upon with respect to how languages can be endangered, and how they can die. The two main points to be considered in this research are: attitude and language, and how teenagers manipulate them.
Attitude is defined as the way that one thinks and feels about somebody or something, the way that one behaves towards somebody or something that shows how one thinks and feels. While language is defined as the system of communication in speech and writing that is used by people of a particular country. Also, another dictionary definition of language is a particular style of speaking or writing.
So for the purpose of further development and preservation of the Ibibio Language, this research is going to be concerned with the behaviour exhibited by teenagers In Uyo, AkwaIbom State particularly those in the Uyo Local Government Area of the State to their indigenous language
1.2 Significance and Scope of the Study
The study “language attitudes among teenagers and its effects” is a study of how language is being approached and manipulated by teenagers in Uyo district of Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, for their day-to-day interaction, fellowship and relationship.
1.3 Purpose of this Study
This research aims at seeing why teenagers behave the way they do to language (what influence and inform the behaviour so exhibited to language), see the effect of their behaviour on their indigenous language, and proffer possible solutions aimed at internalizing the language in the minds of these teenagers thereby preserving the language.
In analyzing various related texts in relation to this field, a socio-linguistic method of approach is used in examining the behaviour or attitudes exhibited by teenagers in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State to their indigenous language vis-à-vis English and pidgin.
Also, questionnaires are used in the observation of their attitude to language as a means of data collection.
1.5 Statement of the Problem
Most language users do not see the language that they speak as a definition of their race, their culture, and their personality. Negligence, ignorance and quest to follow the current trend have left Africans in general and Nigerians in particular far from their root – their source/who they really are.
So in this research, ways in which we have drifted from our culture (through the embracing of a foreign language) are being elaborated upon, and suggestions on how to re-position our attitude to our indigenous language are made explicit.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER I 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACK GROUND OF THE STUDY The Nigerian society is a heterogeneous one with divergent communication need, coupled with th...Continue Reading »
2. ROLE OF KADUNA STATE MEDIA CORPORATION (KSMC) IN THE DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION OF TOURISM ATTRACTIONS IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Tourism is viewed as a science of attraction, transportation, accommodation, catering for visitors ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This work is designed to study how rural dwellers utilize radio in comparison with television mes...Continue Reading »
» The impact of radio and television campaign on cultism in Nigerian cannot be undermined. Instead, it has gotten enough recognition in our society and ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focused on the influence of Dettol soap advertisements on Oyo State women’s perception and use of the brand. Advertising has bee...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF PARTICIPATORY COMMUNICATION IN THE OPERATION AND ACTIVITIES OF COOPERATIVES SOCIETIES IN KADUNA IN ENGENDERING ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND DE...» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate the role of participatory communication in the operation and activities of Cooperative Societies in...Continue Reading »
7. AUDIENCE ASSESSMENT OF “AVE YA KA EBIRA DERE”PROGRAMME ON TAO FM STATION IN PROMOTING INDIGENOUS LANGUAGE IN EBIRA LAND» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to evaluate the success of theprogramme“Ave YaKaEbiraDere”on Tao FM station in promoting the indigenous...Continue Reading »
8. The impact of phone-in programmes in sensitizing the electorate, a case study of Osun State Broadcasting Corporation» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The need to introduce the effect programmes in sensitizing the electorate as necessitude the writ...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF ADVERTISING ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MEDIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE PUNCH NEWSPAPER, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 3 The attitude of people towards promotion differs. Some people are of the opinion that promo...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF NEWS COMMERCIALIZATION ON GOVERNMENT OWNED RADIO STATIONS IN ABIA STATE (A Study BCA and Radio Nigeria Pacesetter FM Umuahia)» ABSTRACT The study assessed the “Influence of News Commercialization on Government Owned Radio Stations in Abia State, Nigeria”. The survey resear...Continue Reading »