Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
In the time past, language attitudes has been analyzed and debated upon with respect to how languages can be endangered, and how they can die. The two main points to be considered in this research are: attitude and language, and how teenagers manipulate them.
Attitude is defined as the way that one thinks and feels about somebody or something, the way that one behaves towards somebody or something that shows how one thinks and feels. While language is defined as the system of communication in speech and writing that is used by people of a particular country. Also, another dictionary definition of language is a particular style of speaking or writing.
So for the purpose of further development and preservation of the Ibibio Language, this research is going to be concerned with the behaviour exhibited by teenagers In Uyo, AkwaIbom State particularly those in the Uyo Local Government Area of the State to their indigenous language
1.2 Significance and Scope of the Study
The study “language attitudes among teenagers and its effects” is a study of how language is being approached and manipulated by teenagers in Uyo district of Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, for their day-to-day interaction, fellowship and relationship.
1.3 Purpose of this Study
This research aims at seeing why teenagers behave the way they do to language (what influence and inform the behaviour so exhibited to language), see the effect of their behaviour on their indigenous language, and proffer possible solutions aimed at internalizing the language in the minds of these teenagers thereby preserving the language.
In analyzing various related texts in relation to this field, a socio-linguistic method of approach is used in examining the behaviour or attitudes exhibited by teenagers in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State to their indigenous language vis-à-vis English and pidgin.
Also, questionnaires are used in the observation of their attitude to language as a means of data collection.
1.5 Statement of the Problem
Most language users do not see the language that they speak as a definition of their race, their culture, and their personality. Negligence, ignorance and quest to follow the current trend have left Africans in general and Nigerians in particular far from their root – their source/who they really are.
So in this research, ways in which we have drifted from our culture (through the embracing of a foreign language) are being elaborated upon, and suggestions on how to re-position our attitude to our indigenous language are made explicit.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE REFLECTIONS OF MODERNIZATION IN THE NIGERIAN MEDIA: A CASE STUDY OF HIGHLAND FM JOS PLATEAU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The broadcasting industry in Nigeria has come a long way from a humble beginning in 1959 and grow...Continue Reading »
» (A Case Study of Osun State Polytechnic ND II Computer Science Students) CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study is on The imp...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined how conflicting editorial policy is managed by journalists in Radio Nigeria Network Centre, Abuja. It argues that, confli...Continue Reading »
4. NEWSPAPER READERSHIP AMONG SCIENCE AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION LECTURERS A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED NBTE SCHOOLS IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Reading newspapers is one of the best ways to keep up with important news in your town, across th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the impact of social media on political advertising during the 2015 governorship election in Delta State. The researc...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT OWNERSHIP ON MEDIA OBJECTIVITY ( A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In this part of the world,media ownership first began with the activities of colonial missionarie...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research examined audience perception of Pidgin English usage in Broadcast Media with a study of WASOBIA TV and WASOBIA FM. It was observ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION This research work studies the mass media’s contributions to the political values of openness and democratic accountabi...Continue Reading »
9. THE PERCEPTION OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS OF SELECT ORGANISATIONS ON THE APPLICATION OF PUBLIC RELATIONS IN MANAGEMENT» Abstract The study investigated the perception of Chief Executive Officers on the application of Public Relations in management. The population of the...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT OF EKITI RADIO CAMPAIGN AGAINST HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN IDO COMMUNITY OF IDO-OSI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Crime has become one of the greatest obstacles to the better realization of democratic governance...Continue Reading »