Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
In the time past, language attitudes has been analyzed and debated upon with respect to how languages can be endangered, and how they can die. The two main points to be considered in this research are: attitude and language, and how teenagers manipulate them.
Attitude is defined as the way that one thinks and feels about somebody or something, the way that one behaves towards somebody or something that shows how one thinks and feels. While language is defined as the system of communication in speech and writing that is used by people of a particular country. Also, another dictionary definition of language is a particular style of speaking or writing.
So for the purpose of further development and preservation of the Ibibio Language, this research is going to be concerned with the behaviour exhibited by teenagers In Uyo, AkwaIbom State particularly those in the Uyo Local Government Area of the State to their indigenous language
1.2 Significance and Scope of the Study
The study “language attitudes among teenagers and its effects” is a study of how language is being approached and manipulated by teenagers in Uyo district of Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, for their day-to-day interaction, fellowship and relationship.
1.3 Purpose of this Study
This research aims at seeing why teenagers behave the way they do to language (what influence and inform the behaviour so exhibited to language), see the effect of their behaviour on their indigenous language, and proffer possible solutions aimed at internalizing the language in the minds of these teenagers thereby preserving the language.
In analyzing various related texts in relation to this field, a socio-linguistic method of approach is used in examining the behaviour or attitudes exhibited by teenagers in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State to their indigenous language vis-à-vis English and pidgin.
Also, questionnaires are used in the observation of their attitude to language as a means of data collection.
1.5 Statement of the Problem
Most language users do not see the language that they speak as a definition of their race, their culture, and their personality. Negligence, ignorance and quest to follow the current trend have left Africans in general and Nigerians in particular far from their root – their source/who they really are.
So in this research, ways in which we have drifted from our culture (through the embracing of a foreign language) are being elaborated upon, and suggestions on how to re-position our attitude to our indigenous language are made explicit.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Cartoon readership decreased as student readers got older. Among the lecturers, readership of car...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 810 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY this study, the role of broadcasting in the rural development is however concerned with an attemp...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 165 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT It has been said that the modern world is living in an Information Age where among others information and communication technologies take cen...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. THE ROLE OF ELECTRONIC MEDIA IN COMBATING DRUG ABUSE AND NATIONAL SECURITY (A CASE STUDY OF N.T.A. ENUGU STATE)» chapter I introduction 1.1 Background to the study Communication dates back money centuries age right from the creation of man and this painting on th...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 236 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Children have become MUCH more interested in cartoons, over many years and it has become a primar...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 274 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The study is concerned primarily with the effect of news commercialization, either functionally or dys functionally in the running of the Akw...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 211 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT Communication has remained a formidable sector in the life wire of every society. For a meaningful life and co –existence in the societ...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 264 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The research examined audience perception of Pidgin English usage in Broadcast Media with a study of WASOBIA TV and WASOBIA FM. It was observ...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 272 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
9. THE EFFECT OF COMMERCIAL NEWS ON THE ETHICS OF JOURNALISM (A Case Study of Osun State Broadcasting Corporation OSBC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Journalism practice wields such enormous powers and call for the highest standards of ethics and ...Continue Reading »
39 pages | 380 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
10. IMPACT OF RADIO IN PROPAGATING CULTURE IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA: A STUDY OF KADUNA STATE MEDIA CORPORATION (KSMC) RADIO KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study Radio is one to the mass media that ensure the promotion of culture in every society. It tends to...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 108 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION