Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 83 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study investigates Content Analysis of Reportage of HIV/AIDS Scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian Newspapers (2012 - 2014). Families, communities, states and
nations have been deprived of men and women who would have contributed meaningfully to
Comment [LU1]: Put on a separate page pls
development as a result of HIV/AIDS disease. The study revealed reportage of HIV/AIDS scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian newspapers, with a view to knowing if the newspapers have provided enough information to the Nigerian public on the severity of the HIV/AIDS scourge. The study objectives is to content analyze the reportage of HIV/AIDS scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian Newspapers. The study is anchored on the theses of the Agenda Setting Theory. It is a theory that states that issues presented by the media leads the public to perceive the issue as more important than other issues that are silent; it shows efforts of the newspapers in supplying information on HIV/AIDS to the public in the period under review. The study which is a census adopted content analysis method. It helped measured the volume, prominence and direction of reportage of HIV/AIDS. 1,562 editions of the two newspapers were analyzed. The findings revealed that in year 2012, The Nigerian Observer published 24 stories while The Guardian published 36 stories; in year 2013 The Nigerian Observer published 17 stories and The Guardian 41 stories, it was also revealed that in 2014 The Nigerian Observer published 15 stories, The Guardian published 30 stories. The conclusion drawn from the findings is that the two newspapers content analyzed reported the issue in the three years of analysis, but failed to give it prominence. The main recommendation is that, space be allotted to HIV/AIDS scourge stories on the newspapers health page which is usually published weekly.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE POLYTECHNIC, IREE STUDENTS) ABSTRACT This research work, , is set to see how satellite television has affected the knowled...Continue Reading »
2. THE INFLUENCE OF MEDIA CAMPAIGN IN THE ERADICATION OF FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION PRACTICE IN SELECTED COMMUNITIES OF SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA» Abstract The use of mass media to crusade and mobilize support against certain crude and inhuman cultural practices has remained an essential focus on...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study attempts to educate the public on the “influence of AKBC TV public enlightenment programmes on residents of Uyo metropolis. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The development of Nigerian politics is interwoven with that of the press. The early press, n...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT OWNERSHIP ON MEDIA OBJECTIVITY ( A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In this part of the world,media ownership first began with the activities of colonial missionarie...Continue Reading »
6. AN APPRAISAL OF ELECTRONIC WALLET COMMUNICATION IN GROWTH ENHANCEMENT SUPPORT SCHEME OF AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENDA IN NAERLS» ABSTRACT The study appraises the Electronic Wallet communication platform under the Growth Enhancement Support Scheme (GESS). The revolution in the me...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focused on journalists' perception of the credibility of citizen journalism on social media platforms. The population of the study...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Communication is said to be the life blood of every society. There is therefore a need to know wh...Continue Reading »
9. THE DETERMINANCE OF INDUCED ABORTION AMONG UNDERGRADUATES STUDENTS IN NIGERIA (Case study of University of Benin)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Abortion is the ending of pregnancy by removing a fetus or embryo before it can survive outside t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In this study, an attempt was made to evaluate the problems and prospects of mass media advertising in Nigeria. We talk of the media mix and ...Continue Reading »