Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 83 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study investigates Content Analysis of Reportage of HIV/AIDS Scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian Newspapers (2012 - 2014). Families, communities, states and
nations have been deprived of men and women who would have contributed meaningfully to
Comment [LU1]: Put on a separate page pls
development as a result of HIV/AIDS disease. The study revealed reportage of HIV/AIDS scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian newspapers, with a view to knowing if the newspapers have provided enough information to the Nigerian public on the severity of the HIV/AIDS scourge. The study objectives is to content analyze the reportage of HIV/AIDS scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian Newspapers. The study is anchored on the theses of the Agenda Setting Theory. It is a theory that states that issues presented by the media leads the public to perceive the issue as more important than other issues that are silent; it shows efforts of the newspapers in supplying information on HIV/AIDS to the public in the period under review. The study which is a census adopted content analysis method. It helped measured the volume, prominence and direction of reportage of HIV/AIDS. 1,562 editions of the two newspapers were analyzed. The findings revealed that in year 2012, The Nigerian Observer published 24 stories while The Guardian published 36 stories; in year 2013 The Nigerian Observer published 17 stories and The Guardian 41 stories, it was also revealed that in 2014 The Nigerian Observer published 15 stories, The Guardian published 30 stories. The conclusion drawn from the findings is that the two newspapers content analyzed reported the issue in the three years of analysis, but failed to give it prominence. The main recommendation is that, space be allotted to HIV/AIDS scourge stories on the newspapers health page which is usually published weekly.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Child trafficking or child abuse is one of the critical issues facing almost all societies of the wor...Continue Reading »
2. PERCEPTION OF FEMALE MASS COMMUNICATION STUDENTS TOWARD JOURNALISM AS A CAREER IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF ESUT FEMALE MASS COMMUNICATION STUDENTS)» Abstract This research work focused on the perceptions of female mass communication students of Enugu state University of Science and Technology Enugu...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF SECOND CHANCE (A FOREIGN TELEVISION PROGRAMME ON THE SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS (AWKA)» HAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyTechnological advancement in communication technologies has continued to eulogize television as a pow...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE GIFT AND PROGRESS FM STATIONS PLAYS IN THE RURAL DEVELOPMENT OF KARIM LAMIDO AND ASIN EKITI COMMUNITY IN TARABA AND EKITI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The mass media perform a number of functions in every society. In performing its functions they d...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Critical Discourse Analysis of selected editorial cartoons aims at revealing the intended meaning hidden in the discourse used in editori...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF SATELLITE TELEVISION ON NIGERIAN CULTURE. (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE POLYTECHNIC, IREE STUDENTS)» ABSTRACT This research work, THE IMPACT OF SATELLITE TELEVISION ON NIGERIAN CULTURE, is set to see how satellite television has affected the knowledge...Continue Reading »
7. THE PLACE OF IN-HOUSE JOURNAL IN THE LIFE OF A COMMERCIAL ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF THE NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study IN HOUSE journals have been given a variety of names, such as newsletters, employee newspapers an...Continue Reading »
» Chapter One 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background to the Study Television (TV) is a telecommunication medium for transmitting and receiving moving Image tha...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study set out to examine online advertisements and patronage of select products by Uyo Residents. The survey research design was used an...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines the role of the teacher in classroom management. The population of the study consist of the entire teachers of Rimi Colleg...Continue Reading »