Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 83 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study investigates Content Analysis of Reportage of HIV/AIDS Scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian Newspapers (2012 - 2014). Families, communities, states and
nations have been deprived of men and women who would have contributed meaningfully to
Comment [LU1]: Put on a separate page pls
development as a result of HIV/AIDS disease. The study revealed reportage of HIV/AIDS scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian newspapers, with a view to knowing if the newspapers have provided enough information to the Nigerian public on the severity of the HIV/AIDS scourge. The study objectives is to content analyze the reportage of HIV/AIDS scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian Newspapers. The study is anchored on the theses of the Agenda Setting Theory. It is a theory that states that issues presented by the media leads the public to perceive the issue as more important than other issues that are silent; it shows efforts of the newspapers in supplying information on HIV/AIDS to the public in the period under review. The study which is a census adopted content analysis method. It helped measured the volume, prominence and direction of reportage of HIV/AIDS. 1,562 editions of the two newspapers were analyzed. The findings revealed that in year 2012, The Nigerian Observer published 24 stories while The Guardian published 36 stories; in year 2013 The Nigerian Observer published 17 stories and The Guardian 41 stories, it was also revealed that in 2014 The Nigerian Observer published 15 stories, The Guardian published 30 stories. The conclusion drawn from the findings is that the two newspapers content analyzed reported the issue in the three years of analysis, but failed to give it prominence. The main recommendation is that, space be allotted to HIV/AIDS scourge stories on the newspapers health page which is usually published weekly.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF SOCIETY FOR FAMILY HEALTH (SFH) COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES FOR MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH IN MAKARFI AND SABON GARI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS» Abstract This study examined the communication strategies used by Society for Family Health (SFH) on Maternal and Child Health (MCH) in Makarfi and Sa...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT National integration has been described as the role in which television must play. This term paper will critically examine the level to which...Continue Reading »
3. IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NATIONAL HIV AND AIDS BEHAVIOUR CHANGE COMMUNICATION STRATEGY, 2009-2014 IN THE PREVENTION OF HIV AND AIDS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Since the first case of HIV and AIDS in Nigeria, and the epidemics continually evolved with, Nigeria having a pathetic situation of fluctuati...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Radio is considered to be a very powerful tool for engendering community empowerment due to its capacity to cover wide audience and its easy ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Campus journalism is journalism carried out by students of tertiary institutions on subjects rela...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The competitive nature of our capitalist economy has obviously necessitated the application of certain techniques by banks in a bid to sustai...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF BROADCAST MEDIA CAMPAIGN AGAINST BREAST CANCER: A STUDY OF WOMEN IN ENUGU SOUTH LGA» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of broadcast media campaign against Breast Cancer among women in Enugu metropolis. What triggered a research i...Continue Reading »
8. ANALYSIS OF THE PERFORMANCE OF MASS MEDIA IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NIGER DELTA REGION OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Over the years, the oil producing areas of the Niger Delta have been engulfed in series of crises which is a major challenge to the developme...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF COMMERCIAL NEWS ON THE ETHICS OF JOURNALISM (A Case Study of Osun State Broadcasting Corporation OSBC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Journalism practice wields such enormous powers and call for the highest standards of ethics and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Communication as known everywhere has developed over a number of centuries. The sophisticated and...Continue Reading »