Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 83 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study investigates Content Analysis of Reportage of HIV/AIDS Scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian Newspapers (2012 - 2014). Families, communities, states and
nations have been deprived of men and women who would have contributed meaningfully to
Comment [LU1]: Put on a separate page pls
development as a result of HIV/AIDS disease. The study revealed reportage of HIV/AIDS scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian newspapers, with a view to knowing if the newspapers have provided enough information to the Nigerian public on the severity of the HIV/AIDS scourge. The study objectives is to content analyze the reportage of HIV/AIDS scourge by The Nigerian Observer and The Guardian Newspapers. The study is anchored on the theses of the Agenda Setting Theory. It is a theory that states that issues presented by the media leads the public to perceive the issue as more important than other issues that are silent; it shows efforts of the newspapers in supplying information on HIV/AIDS to the public in the period under review. The study which is a census adopted content analysis method. It helped measured the volume, prominence and direction of reportage of HIV/AIDS. 1,562 editions of the two newspapers were analyzed. The findings revealed that in year 2012, The Nigerian Observer published 24 stories while The Guardian published 36 stories; in year 2013 The Nigerian Observer published 17 stories and The Guardian 41 stories, it was also revealed that in 2014 The Nigerian Observer published 15 stories, The Guardian published 30 stories. The conclusion drawn from the findings is that the two newspapers content analyzed reported the issue in the three years of analysis, but failed to give it prominence. The main recommendation is that, space be allotted to HIV/AIDS scourge stories on the newspapers health page which is usually published weekly.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PROBLEM AND PROSPECT OF MEDIA MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA. [A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION, OSBC, OSOGBO]» ABSTRACT This research work is based on the importance of indigenous language in broadcast media. This project therefore clamoured for the development...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. A COMPARATIVE STUDY ON “THE IMPORTANCE OF PIDGIN ENGLISH IN BROADCASTING” (A CASE STUDY OF THE ESBS ENUGU )» CHAPTER ONE THE IMPORTANCE OF PIDGIN ENGLISH IN BROADCAST / PRINT 1.1 INTRODUCTION Pidgin English came into existence as a result of the coming of the...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 102 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» . A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU METROPOLIS CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The tendency, most of the time especially in the developing countr...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 111 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Television is the most powerful and influential medium of communication around the globe. Due to ...Continue Reading »
83 pages | 127 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
5. THE EFFECTS OF ADVERTISING ON COMPANY’S PROFITABILITY [A CASE STUDY OF YINKA OBA FOAM AND PAINTS ILESHA]» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY It is mandatory to know the effects of advertising on company’s profitability and to introduce adve...Continue Reading »
30 pages | 189 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION This research work studies the mass media’s contributions to the political values of openness and democratic accountabi...Continue Reading »
0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
7. MASS MEDIA AND POLITICAL MOBILIZATION: AN ASSESSMENT OF DEMOCRACY IN PRACTICE (LIBERTY FM 91.7) AMONG THE RESIDENCE OF SABON KAWO KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the study Political development in Nigeria has taken a centre stage in recent times. This is anchored on th...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 111 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT Suffice it to say that a lot of research has been made in the area of the role of mass media in national development as well as rural develop...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 260 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This research touches on the various aspects of the mass media as instruments of political mobili...Continue Reading »
44 pages | 175 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
10. LOCAL NEWSPAPERS’ COVERAGE OF CHILD RIGHTS MATTERS IN AKWA IBOM STATE (THE PIONEER, THE INFORMER AND THE NIGERIAN PULSE)» ABSTRACT This study analysed local newspapers’ coverage of child rights matters in Akwa Ibom State. The specific objectives of the study include to:...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 182 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION