Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
In every societies we find ourselves, the need for the rules to reach out improve the standard of the ruled is imperative. The system must rely upon a regular two-way flow of information between the government and the citizens of the country, we have seen subsequent administration, be it military or civilian coming out with one programme or the other aimed at improving the standard of life that are found in the rural or communities areas, who obviously form the bulk of the Nigerian population.
In recent years, there has been a growing awareness that no nation can develop without deliberately undertaking the development of its community such development or transformation is however, possible only when the community population is various areas are participate in activities directed at their own development as well as the development of the nation, by the government.
The significant role of information in policy formulation cannot be over emphasized. This is because well cor-ordinated system of information dissemination brings about significant change in the society. There is no doubt that communication is as old as man himself is. It was through the effective nature of communication for example, Oputa J.S.C September, 20 1993 agreed with this
when he said that “There is no doubt the these have a tremendous influence of our behavior modern man will readily agree that many of his attitudes, judgments and stance on various social or political issue are heavily influenced or even shaped by his exposure to ideas and suggestions, feed in him by the mass media”
To achieve the above task, the radio programmes instrument to the transformation of the general life of the people. The programmes must reflect the problems and aspirations of the society they serve.
Further more, the programmes which are intended to enhance the social awareness of the individual and faster national unity, cultural integration, must also make the individual an because “we see the mass possessing that magical awareness, creating innovative, knowledge imparting empathy raising and knowledge and skill multiplying.
It is a well know fact that radio seeks to informs, stimulate, educate, entertain and mobilize the citizen for development and to cultivated responsible outlook on community and national activities. Radio has been recognized as having the potentials to effect human enhancement and develop a viable society, Radio is considered as a powerful medium of communication. It appeals to the two senses of hearing and sight. It promotes openness, accountability and transparency, the qualities which are essentials to social effectiveness both economic and political development.
On the other hand, radio has been imagination is activated bylargersecondsectionof the society, radio is the leading medium of mass communication people in community areas can receive radio messages from their sets. It is comparatively cheap when compared with other media of mass communication it is also portable and timely.
It is against this background that this work wants to find out the influence of Caritas Radio 98.7fm.
1.2 Statement of Research Problem
This study is an enquiry into the contributions of Radio to community agricultural development. The aim is to investigate the prevailing belief that the Radio is used as a means of introducing social change through dissemination of development and social change programmes but rather serve merely. It is a well known fact that radio seeks to informs, stimulates, educate, entertain and mobilize the citizen for development and to cultivated responsible outlook on community and national activities. Radio has been recognized as having the potentials to effect human enhancement and develop a viable society, radio is considered as a powerful medium of communication. It appeals to the senses of hearing and sight. It promotes openness. Accountability and transparency, the qualities which are essentials to social effectiveness both economic and political development. refer voice
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of study include the following :
1. To find out if the living standard of people are largely uneducated and based in the communities.
2. To find out whether Caritas 98.7fm has influenced agricultural Development.
3. To determine the benefits derived from programmes aired by Caritas 98.7fm
1.4 Research Questions
The following research questions were relevant:
1. To what extent is the living standard of the people are largely uneducated in the community
2. To what extent has radio influenced Agricultural Development of its community?
3. How do they derived their benefits from programmes aired by Caritas 98.7fm.
1.5 Scope of the Study
This study influence community Radio on Agricultural Development in Enugu State on Caritas 98.7fm.
1.6 Significance of the Study
This study will vestate, emphasize and demonstrate the need for more
development oriented programmes in the radio to enhance community Agricultural Development. The most interesting aspect of this study is that, it will be the first of its kind on caritas 98.7fm since its establishment. Besides the work promises to be of immense, value students and teachers and institutions of higher learning who may wish to embark on as similar research work.
As a result, it will serve as reference materials upon which further research works can be based.
1.7 Definitions of Terms
The definitions of the terms were operationally defined:
a. Community: Refers to a place of a large or small group geographicallocation, having low-density population and lacks infrastructural amenities such as good roads, electricity and pipe borne water. They can be isolated because of their poverty, physical, weakness and some people at the hierarchy design their lives.
A community operates little or no say in his social political and economic well-being.
b. Community Radio: Can be defined as a type of radio service that caters tothe interests of certain area broadcasting content that is popular to a local audiencebut which may often be over looked by commercial; or mass as a small radio were the community can listen and also to educate them, it can be informed, entertained and motivated.
c. Agricultural Developments: This is to improve the standard of living forfarmers for their extension. In a community agricultural has always been a highly knowledge intensive sector requiring continuous information.
Agriculture has improved different sectors such as farmers, fishermen, traders during cropping season specific advice is refereed on the full range of crops being grown locally timed to coincide the various stages of land preparation.
d. Development: The concept of integrated development has to day receivedgeneral acceptance and the word itself has come to connote different things to different people.
Development is a directed and widely participate process to deep and accelerated socio –political change geared towards producing substantial changes in the economy, the technology, ecology and the overall culture of the country so that the moral and material advancement of the majority of its population can be obtained within condition of generalized equality, dignity justice and liberty
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Freedom of information is both a concept in journalism an issue in contemporary medical practice....Continue Reading »
2. ANALYSIS COMPARATIVE OF THE PERFORMANCE OF JOURNALISTS IN GOVERNMENT AND PRIVATE OWNED MEDIA ORGANISATIONS» ABSTRACT This research work is aimed at finding the journalist that is freer between those in private and government owned media organizations, using ...Continue Reading »
3. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) AS A CONFLICT MANAGEMENT STRATEGY IN SELECTED OIL PRODUCING COMMUNITIES IN DELTA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) involves giving back to the community where a business organisation operates. CSR is not supposed to be...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Journalism is the collection, preparation and distribution of news and related commentary and feature...Continue Reading »
5. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN NIGERIA’S TELECOMMUNICATION SECTORA CASE STUDY OF GLOBACOM NIGERIA LIMITED ENUGU ZONE» ABSTRACTThe topic of the research is Corporate Social Responsibility in Nigeria’s Telecommunication Sector (A case study of Globacom Nigeria Limited...Continue Reading »
6. The impact of phone-in programmes in sensitizing the electorate, a case study of Osun State Broadcasting Corporation» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The need to introduce the effect programmes in sensitizing the electorate as necessitude the writ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focused on the influence of Dettol soap advertisements on Oyo State women’s perception and use of the brand. Advertising has bee...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT It has been said that the modern world is living in an Information Age where among others information and communication technologies take cen...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
10. THE INFLUENCE OF MEDIA CAMPAIGNS ON VESICO VAGINAL FISTULA PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN NORTH WEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Vesico Vaginal Fistula is an abnormal communication between the urinary bladder and the vagina that result into constant involuntary discharg...Continue Reading »