Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
In every societies we find ourselves, the need for the rules to reach out improve the standard of the ruled is imperative. The system must rely upon a regular two-way flow of information between the government and the citizens of the country, we have seen subsequent administration, be it military or civilian coming out with one programme or the other aimed at improving the standard of life that are found in the rural or communities areas, who obviously form the bulk of the Nigerian population.
In recent years, there has been a growing awareness that no nation can develop without deliberately undertaking the development of its community such development or transformation is however, possible only when the community population is various areas are participate in activities directed at their own development as well as the development of the nation, by the government.
The significant role of information in policy formulation cannot be over emphasized. This is because well cor-ordinated system of information dissemination brings about significant change in the society. There is no doubt that communication is as old as man himself is. It was through the effective nature of communication for example, Oputa J.S.C September, 20 1993 agreed with this
when he said that “There is no doubt the these have a tremendous influence of our behavior modern man will readily agree that many of his attitudes, judgments and stance on various social or political issue are heavily influenced or even shaped by his exposure to ideas and suggestions, feed in him by the mass media”
To achieve the above task, the radio programmes instrument to the transformation of the general life of the people. The programmes must reflect the problems and aspirations of the society they serve.
Further more, the programmes which are intended to enhance the social awareness of the individual and faster national unity, cultural integration, must also make the individual an because “we see the mass possessing that magical awareness, creating innovative, knowledge imparting empathy raising and knowledge and skill multiplying.
It is a well know fact that radio seeks to informs, stimulate, educate, entertain and mobilize the citizen for development and to cultivated responsible outlook on community and national activities. Radio has been recognized as having the potentials to effect human enhancement and develop a viable society, Radio is considered as a powerful medium of communication. It appeals to the two senses of hearing and sight. It promotes openness, accountability and transparency, the qualities which are essentials to social effectiveness both economic and political development.
On the other hand, radio has been imagination is activated bylargersecondsectionof the society, radio is the leading medium of mass communication people in community areas can receive radio messages from their sets. It is comparatively cheap when compared with other media of mass communication it is also portable and timely.
It is against this background that this work wants to find out the influence of Caritas Radio 98.7fm.
1.2 Statement of Research Problem
This study is an enquiry into the contributions of Radio to community agricultural development. The aim is to investigate the prevailing belief that the Radio is used as a means of introducing social change through dissemination of development and social change programmes but rather serve merely. It is a well known fact that radio seeks to informs, stimulates, educate, entertain and mobilize the citizen for development and to cultivated responsible outlook on community and national activities. Radio has been recognized as having the potentials to effect human enhancement and develop a viable society, radio is considered as a powerful medium of communication. It appeals to the senses of hearing and sight. It promotes openness. Accountability and transparency, the qualities which are essentials to social effectiveness both economic and political development. refer voice
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of study include the following :
1. To find out if the living standard of people are largely uneducated and based in the communities.
2. To find out whether Caritas 98.7fm has influenced agricultural Development.
3. To determine the benefits derived from programmes aired by Caritas 98.7fm
1.4 Research Questions
The following research questions were relevant:
1. To what extent is the living standard of the people are largely uneducated in the community
2. To what extent has radio influenced Agricultural Development of its community?
3. How do they derived their benefits from programmes aired by Caritas 98.7fm.
1.5 Scope of the Study
This study influence community Radio on Agricultural Development in Enugu State on Caritas 98.7fm.
1.6 Significance of the Study
This study will vestate, emphasize and demonstrate the need for more
development oriented programmes in the radio to enhance community Agricultural Development. The most interesting aspect of this study is that, it will be the first of its kind on caritas 98.7fm since its establishment. Besides the work promises to be of immense, value students and teachers and institutions of higher learning who may wish to embark on as similar research work.
As a result, it will serve as reference materials upon which further research works can be based.
1.7 Definitions of Terms
The definitions of the terms were operationally defined:
a. Community: Refers to a place of a large or small group geographicallocation, having low-density population and lacks infrastructural amenities such as good roads, electricity and pipe borne water. They can be isolated because of their poverty, physical, weakness and some people at the hierarchy design their lives.
A community operates little or no say in his social political and economic well-being.
b. Community Radio: Can be defined as a type of radio service that caters tothe interests of certain area broadcasting content that is popular to a local audiencebut which may often be over looked by commercial; or mass as a small radio were the community can listen and also to educate them, it can be informed, entertained and motivated.
c. Agricultural Developments: This is to improve the standard of living forfarmers for their extension. In a community agricultural has always been a highly knowledge intensive sector requiring continuous information.
Agriculture has improved different sectors such as farmers, fishermen, traders during cropping season specific advice is refereed on the full range of crops being grown locally timed to coincide the various stages of land preparation.
d. Development: The concept of integrated development has to day receivedgeneral acceptance and the word itself has come to connote different things to different people.
Development is a directed and widely participate process to deep and accelerated socio –political change geared towards producing substantial changes in the economy, the technology, ecology and the overall culture of the country so that the moral and material advancement of the majority of its population can be obtained within condition of generalized equality, dignity justice and liberty
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE DETERMINANCE OF INDUCED ABORTION AMONG UNDERGRADUATES STUDENTS IN NIGERIA (Case study of University of Benin)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Abortion is the ending of pregnancy by removing a fetus or embryo before it can survive outside t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The various literature studies intended to evaluate the role of radio in the national national development. In this study, the researcher dec...Continue Reading »
» Abstracts The study “The Impact of mobile phone on Agricultural Information among Otukpo Farmers”. A study of Agric information disseminat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria, there are three main types of media ownership namely, Government ownership, Private o...Continue Reading »
5. NIGERIAN NEWSPAPERS AND THE COVERAGE OF DEVELOPMENT ISSUES: AN ANALYSIS OF THIS DAY AND DAILY TRUST NEWSPAPERS (JANUARY TO DECEMBER, 2011)» ABSTRACT The study with the title: ``Nigerian Newspapers and the Coverage of Development Issues: An analysis of Thisday and Daily Trust Newspapers (Ja...Continue Reading »
6. SOCIAL REVOLT IN WOLE SOYINKA’S THE JERO PLAYS AND UWEMEDIMO ATAKPO’S KEN SARO WIWA -N- THE NIGER DELTA TRIALS» ABSTRACT The research effort was a study of the use of literary drama as a medium of social revolution and re awakening using Wole Soyinka’s The Jer...Continue Reading »
7. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE INFLUENCE OF NTA EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES ON SECONDARY SCHOOL CHILDREN IN PORT HARCOURT METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Television is an important medium of communication in the 21st century. It is used for several re...Continue Reading »
8. COMMUNICATION AS A MANAGEMENT TOOL FOR CRISIS RESOLUTION IN SELECTED TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN DELTA STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Crises of different types occur between managements and students of tertiary institutions in Delta State, Nigeria. Communication is all embra...Continue Reading »
9. AUDIENCE PERCEPTION OF RADIO BROADCASTING AS A TOOL FOR CREATING AWARENESS ON GIRL-CHILD EDUCATION IN KADUNA STATE: A STUDY OF KSMC RADIO’S A CECE S...» ABSTRACT The major focus of this study is to find out how the audience perceives the radio programme A Cece Su (which means Let’s Save Them in t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An online newspaper is the online version of a newspaper, either as a stand alone publication or ...Continue Reading »