Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 71 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
In this study, Section 22 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria States that the press, radio, television and other agencies of the mass media shall at all times be free to uphold the fundamental objectives contained in this chapter and uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people. Thus the 1999 Constitution acknowledges that media, being the watch-dog of the society is the main vehicle by which rulers misdeeds. The developmental function and roles of the media include gathering and dissemination of information, verification of news, education and enlightenment of the people, shaping of public opinion, setting of national agenda, safeguarding of right of individuals, interests, groups, advertisement of good and services etc. saddled with this responsibility, the media cannot function effectively without proper legal backing. Chapter two of the 1999 Constitution on which Section 22 rests is filled with laudable provisions which in Nigeria are non justifiable. Since 1960, Nigeria press cannot be said to have enjoyed unrestricted Freedom. Freedom is not clearly spelt out in the 1999 Constitution. The situation was not better under military. Till date, Nigeria is yet to enact a law on Freedom of information. A media that is not accurate, factual, detailed and authoritative cannot lay claim to holding public officials accountable, because its own sense of accountability can easily be challenged. These form the focus of this paper. Recommendations will be made on the way forward.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TELEVISION ADVERTISING AND UNIUYO UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS PURCHASING PREFERENCE FOR INDOMIE NOODLES» ABSTRACT The study investigated Television Advertising and Uniuyo Undergraduate Students Purchasing Preference for Indomie Noodles. Two hundred and fi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 435 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Children have become MUCH more interested in cartoons, over many years and it has become a primar...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 354 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. THE IMPACT OF OPINION LEADERS IN INFORMATION DISSEMINATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OWO TOWNSHIP)» ABSTRACT This project work reviews the concepts, measures, and strategies of two step flow of communication which is aimed at examining the impact of ...Continue Reading »
34 pages | 438 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. COMMUNICATION AS INDISPENSIBLE TOOL OF EFFECTIVE ADMINISTRATION/ A CASE STUDY OF FIRS UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY According Richter, (2000), communication is the process of meaningful interaction among human bei...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 485 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page ................................................................... i Approval page ........................................Continue Reading »
50 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» PROPOSALA public relations is the acts of employing effective communication to build sustain and defend organizationâ€™s reputation among both it...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 202 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
7. SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES AND SEXUAL BEHAVIOUR AMONG STUDENTS OF SELECTED TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN KOGI STATE» Abstract Today in Nigeria, Social Networking Sites like Facebook, 2go and WhatsApp are getting more popular among students of Tertiary Institutions ir...Continue Reading »
121 pages | 181 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
8. THE ROLE GIFT AND PROGRESS FM STATIONS PLAYS IN THE RURAL DEVELOPMENT OF KARIM LAMIDO AND ASIN EKITI COMMUNITY IN TARABA AND EKITI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The mass media perform a number of functions in every society. In performing its functions they d...Continue Reading »
39 pages | 424 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This research was carried out to ascertain Uyo resident's perception of the credibility of select online newspapers (PUNCH and Vanguard). The...Continue Reading »
85 pages | 481 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING SERVICE) ABSTRACT The various literature studies intended to the mass media role in the national development ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 423 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION