Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 73 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The article on this topic (Analysis of challenges facing freedom of information in Nigeria) is an extract from the complete project material. The complete project work would be made available when you subscribe for the full material.
Background to the Study
The Press is the moulder of the society. Although this fact has been lashed with numerous criticisms, we cannot deny the fact that the press shapes the society. Most journalists are aware of this, so they determine, even to the extent of sacrificing their lives, to give the society what it desires and what it needs.
The reporter who is scampering to meet a politician who has just alighted from an airplane; the reporter who is on a wired boat sailing into a remote mangrove to find out the extent of damage flood has wrecked in the area is trying to satisfy the society by informing the members of the society on what is happening around them.
The function of news gathering and news dissemination has not been a rosy one for the journalists. From the inception of journalism and newspaper publication in Nigeria.
There has been a cat and mouse relationship between the press and the governments of all ages, whether military or civilian, except when the press allows itself to be cajoled, used and manipulated by the government to suit its whims and caprices.
The banning of newspapers and detention of journalist by government especially in the third world countries have been an old story.
For example the Nigeria government has at one time or the another banned or closed down most of the newspaper and magazine houses in Nigeria.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The various literature studies intended to evaluate the role of radio in the national national development. In this study, the researcher dec...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 141 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. RADIO AND PROMOTION OF CULTURE IN NIGERIA: (A STUDY OF “TUNA BAYA SHINE ROKO”, A PROGRAMME IN FRCN, KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the study It is universally accepted that, radio is one of the most ubiquitous, the most effective and chea...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 65 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The core of the Nigeria’s health policy is the primary health care. This is because it focuses more on health needs of the rural popula...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 42 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. RADIO LISTENERSHIP PATTERN AMONG MARKET WOMEN IN ILORIN METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF GBAJI MARKET WOMEN, IBADAN AND OBADA WOMEN MARKET, IREE)» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 74 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
5. THE INFLUENCE OF BROADCAST MEDIA CAMPAIGNSS ON VESICO VAGINA FISTULA PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN SOUTH-EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study evaluates the broadcast media campaigns of vesico vagina fistula on the knowledge, attitude and practice of south eastern Nigerian...Continue Reading »
116 pages | 45 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The Critical Discourse Analysis of selected editorial cartoons aims at revealing the intended meaning hidden in the discourse used in editori...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 64 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Communication is a variety of behaviours, processes and technologies by which meaning is transmit...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 228 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The most important change that has taken place in the sport industry is the significant role the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 378 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
9. CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMMISSION (NBC) IN CONTROLLING THE PERFORMANCE OF BROADCAST INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The human society we live in is that of law and ethics, control and regulations. In essence there...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Investigative journalism was described in many ways throughout the afternoon: as “uncovering the hidden”; &ld...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION