Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study researched into how telecom companies in Nigeria with particular focus on Globacom use Information Communication Technology (ICT), and its impact on their Marketing Communications. Empirical evidence in developed countries suggest that organizations in these countries have found creative ways of maximizing the use of ICT tools in marketing communications. It became imperative to discover if these same tools are being exploited by organization in emerging countries like Nigeria. The paper investigated whether ICT tools are used rightly or wrongly, the quality of the websites and the impact of the usage on revenue generation. A survey method was used with focus on a Telecom company- Globacom. The questionnaire was targeted at the Marketing and IT department as it is believed that these people had a better understanding of what was required as well as having the information needed to provide accurate responses. The questionnaires were sent Via email through Microsoft Outlook which enabled the respondents to provide responses directly on the soft copy. The findings of the research showed that globacom commenced the use of ICT in marketing communication in 2001. The company has a working website and has over the years built a mailing list. The website is a basic website with light graphics and offers opportunity for clients to sign up on line to receive correspondence from the company. Unfortunately, it seems that this particular feature has not been used by clients as globacom resorts to coping e-mails. This violates the CAM-SPAM law and could open up Globacom to spamming complaints. Findings also indicate that the organization has made effort to maximize the use of e-mail marketing. They often change the e-mail marketing message, update the content of the website and constantly update software and hardware. Findings also showed a two hundred percent increase in revenue earned prior to 2001 as compared with revenue earned in 2009. It was recommended that globacom build a website that is heavier in pictures and graphics while not reducing the text, that the company must protect itself from spam complaints by ensuring that only consented clients are sent email and that the Company should advertise their website and encourage people to sign up to receive e-mail from them.
1.1 Background to the Study
Advertising as a concept, can be defined as a form of communication through the media about product, services, ideas, personalities or organizations, paid for by an identified sponsor Alide in Okunna (2002: 99).
Bovee and Arens (1985) gave a more widely accepted definition of advertising as the non-personal communication of information, usually paid for any usually persuasive in nature about products (goods and services) or ideas by an identified sponsor through various media. It is an exciting, dynamic, and challenging enterprise.
Its often a persuasive communication in that it tries to persuade the reader, the listener or the viewer to take to the sponsor’s own point of view and also to take some appropriate action. It is not personal or face to face communication, rather it is directed to a group of people.
Advertising is also controlled, identifiable information and persuasion by means of mass communication media. Defined by Wrignt and Zeight (1982:10). Gillran Dyer says that in its simplest sense, the word “advertising” means drawing attention to something or notifying or informing somebody of something.
According to the understanding of advertising practitioners council of Nigeria (APCON) “advertising is a form of communication through the media about products, services or ideas, paid for by an identified sponsor”.
The terms advertising was coined from the Latin word “advertere” which mean literally means to draw attention. This is when you are getting the evidence mind in a product, notifying or informing somebody/people of something.
Some of the Popular Advertising Media
ICT (GSM, Social Media, blog, website, youtube, digital banner) e.t.c
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Lack of trust, absent of physical interaction and fair of being deceived and duped have been attributed to some of the challenges facing internet or information and communication technology all over the world especially in Africa and Nigeria in particular because it is relatively new to them.
To this end, the research seek to determine the influence of information and communication technology which encompasses mobile phone, internet, world wide web (www), social networking, blogs, youtube and many more on advertisement practice in Nigeria with an evaluation of Globacom products and services.
1.3 Research Questions
i. Does Globacom use ICT in advertising its products and services?
ii. To what extent does ICT have an impact on advertisement of Globacom products?
iii Of what benefit is ICT to advertisement of Globacom products?
1.4 Objectives of the Study
i. To know whether Globacom uses ICT in advertising its products and services.
ii. To examine whether ICT have an impact on advertisement of Globacom products.
iii To show the benefits of ICT in advertisement of Globacom products.
iv. Get other 4 objectives of the research after purchase
1.5 Scope of the Study
The research has through the topic “The Impact of ICT on Advertisement Practice in Nigeria: An Evaluation of Globacom Products” narrowed the scope of the study to one of the telecommunication giants in Nigeria Globacom Limited (GLO) because to study all telecommunication industry in Nigeria will be too difficult compared with the time and finance available for this research.
While meaning of advertising, functions of advertising, importance of advertising, advertising media, social media and many more.
1.6 Significance of the Study
The research is significant because it will be beneficial to business firm, school, government, individuals and researchers.
Company: Difference companies will find this research very interesting as it will keep them aware on the benefit of using ICT when it comes into making there products and services known to the work and how cheap it always be to use.
Researchers: People that will be carrying out research in relation to this will find the materials useful as it will provide them a clue to their own research.
Academic: It will form part of academic materials that students, lecturers, researchers, company can turn to when looking for solution to advertising on ICT, social media, GSM and other related aspect.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
There are many limitations ranging form not knowing where to start, not knowing who to consult or approach for materials not knowing what next to write in various segment of this study and not actually knowing who to put me through in achieving my work and others are:
1. Stress from other academic activities is one of the limitations to the research work
2. Financial constraint to travel to different places.
3. Duration for the research work is relatively short
3. Materials that are available on this topic is relatively small as the concept is new or people are not written from that angle.
1.8 Definition of the Terms
Impact: This means the contribution or influence of something on another such as influence of ICT on advert
ICT: It means Information and Communication Technology
Advertisement: This is a paid form of promotional message shared through media that are usually non-personal media for the purpose of persuading and influencing people to buy a product or service.
Globacom: It is the shot form of Globa Communication Limited.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThe purpose of this study is the impact of advertising on the company’s marketing growth of peacock paint limited ikot Ekam Akwa ibom state....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In any organization whether profit or nonprofit oriented the main purpose of that organization ar...Continue Reading »
3. IMPACT OF SALES PROMOTION STRATEGIES ON CUSTOMER PATRONAGE (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In any organization whether profit or non profit oriented the main purpose of the organization is to achieve its objectiv...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY There is a growing consensus among researchers and health policy makers that out of pocket expend...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF ADVERTISING ON THE MARKETING OF BANKING SERVICES (A CASE STUDY OF MICRO FINANCE BANK OKO)» ABSTRACT This research work is on the impact of advertising in the marketing of banking services. This work was carried out in order to determine the ...Continue Reading »
6. IMPACT OF SALES PROMOTION ON THE MARKETING OF SOFT DRINKS IN ABAKALIKI URBAN (STUDY OF SALES PROMOTION CONDUCTED BY NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC FROM ...» Abstract This study examines the impact of sales promotion on marketing of soft drinks in Abakaliki Urban: (study of sales promotion conducted by Nige...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF ADVERTISING ON SALES VOLUME OF AN ORGANIZATION (A case study of The Nigerian Bottling Company of Nigeria)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Advertising is any paid form of non personal communication about an organization or it’s pr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study A study of insurance history reveals that insurance practice arose from the need to protect agai...Continue Reading »
9. INFLUENCE OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS HANDLING ON THE MARKETING PERFORMANCES IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY: A STUDY OF SELECTED PRIVATE AND PUBLIC ENTERPRISES IN...» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The foundational objective of any good sole proprietor is usually to dispose off his goods as much as possibl...Continue Reading »
10. ADVERTISING AN EFFECTIVE PROMOTIONAL TOOL FOR MARKETING NEW PRODUCT (A Case Study of NASCO Marketing Company)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION In our contemporary world, advertising serves as one of the media vehicle through which any organization or potential bu...Continue Reading »