Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study investigated, the effect of leadership style on Employee Motivation, A study of Nigeria Breweries. The main objective of the study is to find out the leadership style in Nigeria Breweries, and the effect of this style on motivation. In carrying out this survey, the researcher administered questionnaire. A sample size of 200 consisting of the employees in the company and a population of 400 staffs. 200 questionnaires were not distributed, 166 were collected, 23 were not returned and 11 were not properly filled. Simple percentage were used to analyze the data. There were findings and Recommendations were made that efforts should be made to encourage women to take up leadership roles. Also that leaders should learn how to take empower others to work and control should not be strictly a management affair; finally leadership by good example cannot be over emphasized, because leaders will not only obtain obedience and respect from followers but also increased performance.
1.1 Background of the Study
In any organization, large difference can be observed among leaders and subordinates based on the performance of their work roles. Some employees show enthusiasm and initiative in the exercise of their responsibilities. Others do as they are required in a regimented and conscientious manner and seldom show the creativity expected on the job, thus performing below standards. The situations therefore result in a number of questions being raised. Why the differences in performance? Do the high performance employees possess more creative ability than others? It seems much more plausible that a large part of the differences among employees in the performance of their job is the result of the motivational differences and leadership style as applied by their superiors or leaders.
The relationship between leadership and employee motivation cannot therefore be divorced. A leader by virtue of his position of authority is accountable to the success of his organization. This is the good attainment, which hinges on a number of factors ranging from leadership style to the encouragement or motivational incentives given to the employee. Performance is a function of ability, motivation and availability of relevant resources planned, organized, directed and co-ordinated by leader in a work environment.
The result of Elton Mayo’s Hawthorne experiment between 1924 and 1932 provided a basis for group activity in an organization. It implies that the leaders must work hand-in-hand with his subordinates to achieve goals. He postulates that “once group collaboration is achieved the work relation in the workplace may reach a cohesion that may resist the destructive effects of any adaptive society”.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The main issue of this research work seeks to answer is whether the leadership style exhibited by those in authority serve as motivational factor to their subordinates or if reverse is the case.
Leadership style plays a vital role in every organisation and there is need to realize that there are no general consensus on what constitutes the best leadership style. Leadership style includes autocratic, democratic, laissez faire, transactional and transformational each of these has there own far reaching effects or implications on the management and employee.
In tackling the problem, effort will be made to define leadership and leadership styles, motivation theories and techniques and examine how such style influence employees’ motivation in an organization.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The general objective of this study is to seek the improvement of leadership on employee motivation, specifically the project is aimed at.
The objectives of this study are:
- To determine the impact leadership style has on employee motivation.
- To determine the relationship between leadership style and motivation of employees.
- To ascertain the hindrances to effective leadership style.
1.4 Research Questions
The following are tentative research questions formulated to have a clear focus of the study.
1) There are positive influences leadership trend can be?
2) There are factors responsible for poor performance?
3) There are leadership style adopted by Nigerian breweries?
4) There are effects of leadership style on employee motivation?
1.5 Significance of the Study
The significance of this study to the organization in Nigeria, and labour in general cannot be over-emphasized. Situations demand what operates in an environment. Individual differences make people react differently. This therefore poses different attitude or behaviours in a work environment. The leadership style of individual leader is therefore influenced by this and this determines whether a leader believes in motivating subordinates before he could perform or not. This study will therefore probe into such relationship between the leaders and the employees.
The needs and desires of employees differ from time to time in a working environment. What happens to employees at theory working place had profound effect on their life, upon the society and the organization they work for and such effect on impact cannot be ignored if the quality of life in the society is to be desirable. In organizational environment, the interpersonal relationship between the leaders and the subordinates will enhance a team spirit; improve performance because the leader will be able to identify the needs and desires of the subordinates.
The findings of this research study would assist the management of any organization to fashion out their policies in the direction that will positively affect their employees’ attitudes and behaviour on the job and how rooms can be created for improvement or performance through the implementation of relevant motivational techniques.
It is also anticipated that the results of this research study would contribute to a fuller comprehension of the relationship between the management and the subordinates (employees) so that tension in the work environment, labour turnover, absenteeism, etc would be reduced.
Moreover this research work will go a long way to assisting management of most of our industrial concerns to finding not only immediate but permanent remedy to the incidence of industrial disputes and strikes between management and their Workers who would have been satisfied from the motivational techniques employed by the organization to address their needs and desires and thus improving level of their performance and increasing organizational goals and objectives. The adoption of performance appraisal as an instrument for evaluation of employees’ behaviour will also be appreciated by them.
1.6 Scope of the Study
In the pursuance of the objectives of this study, the scope will be on the effects of leadership style on employees’ motivation as it exists in organization, and the focus will be on both the junior and senior categories of staff in Nigeria Breweries Plc, Apapa branch in order to identify their opinions make room for more comparisons. The importance appraisal to the organization as an evaluation technique to determine who, how and when motivation and rewards are to be made Some motivational techniques which may be relevant to propel the workers to perform will be identified and the significance of decision making process especially will be of priority.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
It is the believed that most of the data needed for the purpose of this study have been supplied, but a lot of problem were encountered in this as a regard that most the materials needed are not well kept and could not be found coupled with the attitude of some of the leaders, and some of the questionnaires were not fully answered.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION One element that has undergone tremendous change in the past decade is branding and packaging according to Rahim, liberal...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) concept has been largely regarded as an important marke...Continue Reading »
3. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION OF SOFT DRINK (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY ONITSHA L.G.A ANAMBRA STATE)» ABSTRACT Distribution of soft drinks in Nigeria simply implies the system through which the soft drinks are brought to the prospect final consumer wit...Continue Reading »
4. A SURVEY OF THE APPLICABILITY OF THE MARKETING CONCEPT TO THE ACTIVITIES OF THE MARKET GARDEN, ENUGU» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Marketing concept, according to Ngwuma (2006:18) is a customer oriented business approach. It art...Continue Reading »
5. THE APPLICABILITY OF SOCIETAL MARKETING CONCEPT BY MULTINATIONAL OIL COMPANIES (A STUDY OF SHELL AND CHEVRON IN NIGER DELTA REGION)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Marketing can best be described as a “social process by which individuals and groups obtain...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENTS: A STUDY OF AHIAZU MBAISE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The concept of communication is traceable to man and his origin. It is etymologically argued that...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF CONSUMERISM IN THE MARKETING OF PRODUCTS IN NIGERIA (AN APPRAISAL OF AGENCIES IN ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Consumerism is a social and economic order that is based on the systematic creation and fostering of a desire ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This seminar looked at the benefits of food enrichment in food processing. Various enrichment items like vitamin A, Iron and Iodine were disc...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECT OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT- A CASE STUDY OF ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI, OBUASI MINE» ABSTRACT The study assessed the effect of corporate social responsibility on community development with a special attention to Anglogold Ashanti‟s o...Continue Reading »
» INrl'RODUCri'fON The Stoclc Exchange is essenlially a capitalist insti(ution, Okafor (1983, p. 91). Illat is why i t is exlre~nelyimportant, i n tllc ...Continue Reading »