Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of this study was the office environment of workers in selected establishments with view to determining whether the environment is such as can contribute to workers productivity. Several research questions were postulated for the study as well as two hypotheses. It was found among other things that office space, lighting and ventilation were adequate while office furnishing and political environment of workers were found to be inadequate and unfavourable. It is recommended, among others, that the establishment which employ workers like secretaries should furnish their working offices with comfortable chairs, tables, rugs and carpets for maximum productivity. Also the authority’s f the establishments where workers carried out job should ensure that adequate ventilation are provided. It was equally recommended that employers of working staff should abolish labour laws that serve as impediment to the advancement of the office environment.
Every worker in various offices requires a good office environment for maximum productivity.
The offices, shops and Railway Premises ACT OF 1963 have a general provision of office environment. It enhances adequate floor space, and layout, adequate ventilation, adequate lighting, adequate furnishing, adequate security and safety etc.
These factors are temperature, humidity, lighting, office hour, remuneration, interaction etc. Affect work performance in one way or the other, indeed an uncomfortable or unpleasant office environment can have a negative effect on work in the form of decrease in productivity, increase in truancy, greater labour turnover etc.
A company or organization may recruit the best possible employees, train them very well in the skills required for the job, provide quality incentives and pay them well, but if the office environment is poor, the productivity will suffer.
It is therefore necessary that in attempting to make the best us of valuable human resources in the industries, we must be concerned with the environment in which we perform our functions.
Of recent, there has been a general observation that most workers in the organizations are not very productive.
Oguniyi (1990). But productivity appears to depend on many factors, prominent among which I office environment. It has been shown that poor office environment can lead to low morale and low productivity. Given that this is so, what is the quality of office environment under which some of our secretary’s work? There does appear to have been a systematic investigation directed towards evaluating the quality of the office environment under which our workers carried out their jobs.
Therefore to generate empirical data on the office environment of the workers employed by the stated establishment;
To survey the office environment of the workers in the selected educational institutions with the view to determining whether the office environment is such as can contribute to productivity. Specifically it will:
Determine whether the workers have adequate office space, well furnished/decorated environment, office ventilation is adequate, well lit, noiseless, safe and also to determine the political environment which surrounds the work place of some workers in the office as prescribed by the offices, shops Railway Premises Act of 1963.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTS OF TRANSPORTATION PROBLEMS IN THE DISTRIBUTION OF GOODS AND SERVICES IN AGUATA L.G.A ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In the transport context appraisal is always likely to be complex with interactions at many levels ...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 290 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
2. CONFLICT MANAGEMENT FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A Case Study Of Union Bank of Nigeria)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The general view of managing conflict in an organization such as Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, the p...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 323 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of technological advancement on the growth of entrepreneurship in Akwa Ibom State Transport Company Limited (A...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 296 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
4. EFFECT OF STAFF TRAINING ON THE PERFORMANCE OF CIVIL SERVANTS A STUDY OF MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT The project “effect of Training on the performance of Civil Servants was an attempt to make contribution to the ongoing debate on the N...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 610 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
5. EFFECT OF CONFLICT MANAGEMENT ON ORGANIZATION EFFECTIVENESS ( A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION LO BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Conflict is an inevitable element of any labour management relationship. In work situation people ...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 23 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
6. MATERIALS MANAGEMENT IN A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY PLC, ILORIN PLANT, KWARA STATE)» ABSTRACT Past studies have shown that the poor performance of many firms in Nigeria is due to their inability to manage the relationship between suppl...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 262 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» ABSTRACT The study is on the impact of strategic management on organizational productivity in the firming sector, with Nigeria Breweries as the case s...Continue Reading »
109 pages | 269 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Today’s office business, professional or Government is in a state of change. This change is...Continue Reading »
30 pages | 255 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
9. EFFECTIVENESS OF IN-SERVICE TRAINING ON EMPLOYEE’S DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTIVITY: A STUDY OF EBONYI STATE MINISTRY OF FINANCE, ABAKALIKI.» Abstract The study examined the effectiveness of in service training on employees’ development and productivity. Three research questions and hy...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 122 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
10. ASSESSMENT OF INDIGENEOUS ENTREPRENEURS IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS (A STUDY OF COAL- CAMP), ENUGU» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1 .1 Background to the Study The role of indigenous entrepreneurs in developing countries, Nigeria in particular is progressi...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 953 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT