Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 104 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Organization and methods was originated through the efforts of the pioneers of scientific management such as Taylor and Gilbert whose work influenced. The early approaches and establishment of the function in so many organization.
Organization and methods is simply the used of work study techniques to the structure and procedures of an organization in order to improve the efficiency of an organization.
Organization and methods has transformed into a very valuable component of an organization. In fact it become a specialized field with career prospects, especially for our teaming unemployment. It provide opportunities that are both challenging and satisfying to the average intellectual employee to prove his with in improving and processes.
The British standard 3188.1001 defines organization and methods as the systematic examination of activities in order to improve the effective use of human and other material resource.
According to Harzel (2001) defines organization and methods “is the application of work study techniques to the structure and procedures of an organization in order to improve the efficiency of an organization system.
Briscoe (1992) defined organization and methods “as a specialist function which has a primary objective of improving efficiency and control in organizations. It is thus seen as an essential function that should be part of the make u of any organization. Organization and method and it associated techniques can be seen to form the basis of business process re-engineering and business process improvement.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The must important reason of introducing organization and method is to improve administrative procedure and clerical practice in the office. Therefore its equally important to be familiar with the definition of office: -
Office can be deafen as a work area for handling information or process equipment.
Office can also be seen as a place of work on the other hand it has been seen as a place where business activities are carried out. In which ever way an office is defined, it is to be noted that the world of work bring about the existence of office.
Office does not derives it meaning from the size of any room where clerical functions are being carried out. On the other hand, it has no reference to size or nature of activities that are taking place in any Organization. For example; the room where lecturer attend to his student is called an office also, the room where the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria carried out is constitutional duties is also called an office.
This could be regarded as an act of putting into systematic relationship those elements and activities essential to the satisfaction of an office purpose.
In a nutshell Organization and the method is simple the w ay and manner organizational activities is put in the right and most orderly manner. On the other hand is a process of coordinating organizational structure and procedures in the most perfect way.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
When the employees of an Organization are not fully equipped with knowledge of organization and methods the way and manner in which office should be kept in the most desired order might be a problem. This could result to loss of documentation and even low employees performance.
The question therefore asked is, is it the poor knowledge of organization and methods that lead to poor employees performance and improper documentation in Kaduna north local government are? At the same time does it mean if, every officer in Kaduna north Local Government is fully developed with the knowledge of organization and methods it will lead to help employees performance and proper documentation. This is actually an issue of investigation.
If the knowledge of organization and method is not provided there would be contribution cost of document and low performance. This research is therefore undertaken to monitor the level of the knowledge of organization and method and it relevance to proper documentation an improve performance and also make recommendation on how to improve the knowledge of organization and methods.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
Every research has a purpose and aim. This research is to investigate the impact or organization and methods’ on office management with particular reference to Kaduna North Local Government area. The researcher interest to provide answer to issues of office management in the area under study. Therefore the objectives of this research among other are:
- To investigate the level of office holders understanding of organization and methods.
- To findout the problems that lack of the knowledge of organization and method can result to
- To find a way of providing the knowledge of organization and methods to office holders in the local government area.
- To investigate how the knowledge of organization and methods will result to high employees performance and proper documentation.
1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
In carrying out this research, the following hypothesis has been formulated to which its validity with the tasted in course of the study. These hypothesis are:
Ho: organization and methods does not improve the processes of record keeping and documentation in the office.
H1: organization and methods improve the processes of record keeping and documentation in the office.
Ho: organization and methods does not encourage quick decision making, process and responses to business operations emerging issues.
Ho: organization and methods encourage quick decision making, process and responses to business operations emerging issues.
It is also among the significant of this study to find out problems that are likely to happen as a result of inadequacy of the knowledge of organization and method and provide remedy to such problems. And to save as reference to office holders and other researchers.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The importance of this project can not be over emphasized because the organization and method is a course that is designing for the smooth management of office which is the coordinator of all organization activities therefore:
- There is the need for knowledge of organization and method for the smooth management of office.
- The research work will be a source of research to other researchers and also a refresh point.
- The research work also find out problems likely to be faced by all office users.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The vital part of this study is the impact of organization and methods on office management. In the courses of the study, the researcher will limit it study to Kaduna North Local government.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The limitation of this research can be view from the fact that the respondent are serving members of Kaduna north local government and Sultan Bello primary school they were very busy to the extent that the appointment which were booked has changed and new booking obtained before the issuing of the questionnaire. Also some considered the information required to be official and a such wanted to seek permission from their superior before attempting the questions.
1.8 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT
Kaduna north local government comprises of 626 hectares of land area, and it comprises of the following districts:
a) Doka (b) Gabasawa (c) Kawo and (d) Unguwar Shanu
The local government was established in 1991 from former Kaduna Local government. It is locates at centre of the state, boarded by chikun local government area at south, east, Kaduna south Local government area, at the south west as well as Igabi local governmentarea of north west.
The name, “Kaduna” was derived from crocodiles at initial stage. This was because crocodiles fill up the only river that flows across Kaduna from Kangimi river. The plural of crocodiles in Hausa language was “Kaduna”, which was called crocodiles and authormaticaly thename of the town was named after the plural from of crocodiles in Hausa. Kaduna become established been a garrison town an being an administrative centre for colonist and capital of regional government 1966, under the leadership of sardauna “Sir Ahmadu Bello” in the northern region.
The secretariat “Magajin Gari” wasnamed of after Malam Abdullahi sambo Magajin Garin Zazzau in Kaduna. It was under the control of Zaria Native authority. The emir of Zaria send malam Abdullahi Sambo as his represent in establishment of northern region province as requested by lord Luggard.
As earlier mention,Kaduna was under the control of Zaria native authority. Therefore, Lord Luggard request the Emir to sent one of his title to represent him in the establishment of province in the northern region of which Mallam Abdulahi Sambo was sent to represent the Emir, the Magajin Garin Zazzau.
In order to bring Kaduna together with political complexity, the district head of Kaduna are all under the royal Kaduna of Zazzau.
Although they are employees of Kaduna north local government, this shows clearly that they are in one way or the other not under the traditional council of chiefs.
Under the districts there are certain area which comprises the following: Doka comprises,Mai Burji, Liman, Gaji, Kabala, Gabasawa comprises U/rimi, U/Kadu, Rafin Guza, Malali Badarawa, U/Kanawa, U/Shanu, U/Dosa, Abakpa, Hayin Banki.
Due to industrial building and being an urban area Kaduna north Local government have no provision for forest reserves.
AGRICULTURAL AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Kaduna North Local Government plays a vital role in the production and encouragement of agricultural and natural resources of the geographical features such as fertile hand, and stream and rivers.
THE DOMINATION TRIBES
Kaduna people are predominantly Gwaris, Hausa and Fulanis. These are also settles from various tribes in the state and the con country as a whole e.g. yorubas, Igbos, Idomas, Igalas etc.
The social and educational facilities of the town have also undergone marked improvement with the establishment of more primary secondary, post secondary and adult education institution in Kaduna township, the level of education has improved considerably.
There are two types of housing in the area the modern and tradition the modern comprises of the government reserve area and federal housing. The traditional are the state housing and estate situated at various location within the local government.
The non-existing capital and infrastructure facilities of previous years are being tackled for Kaduna local government is trying to mobile and direct the labour of the people towards the current trend of meaningful economic development and sound economic productivity.
Kaduna Town is very unique in the sense that it’s the capital of Kaduna state. The local government has an important railway junction, as well as commercial industries centres, all these factors taken together largely contribute to the consmopolitan nature of the area and its mixed settlement pattern.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
IMPACT: Is a contribution either positive or negative to the particular concept. it could be seen as the influence of a particular concept to the other.
METHOD: Is a way in which thinks can be done. On the other hand is a process or techniques an activity could be conducted.
ORGANIZATION: Is a group of people brought together for the purpose of achieving certain aim.
MANAGEMENT: Is the process of planning, organizing stapping, coordinating and controlling the efforts of organizational members and utilizing resources to achieve given organizational goals.
OFFICE: Is a place where clerical activities are carried out. In another direction it could be seen as a location where set of administrative and clerical function are performed.
ORGANIZATION AND METHODS: is the application of work study techniques to the structure and procedures of an organization in other to improve the efficiency of the organization’s systems.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. MARITAL STATUS AND OCCUPATION PERFORMANCE OF FEMALE SECRETARIES IN SELECTED MINISTRIES IN IMO STATE» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the marital status and occupation performance of female secretaries in selected ministries i...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was a build up of additional information on the extensions of knowledge in the area of secretarial profession. It stipulated the p...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The basic aim of any business is to make profit in the most effective and efficient way. These profit motive is what makes the business enter...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF THE INDUSTRY AND OTHER AGENCIES IN THE MANAGEMENT OF STUDENTS” INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE SCHEME (SIWES)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Industrial training otherwise known as students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is a skill acquisition program ...Continue Reading »
5. LEADERSHIP TRAITS REQUIRED OF SECRETARIES FOR ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY ABA AREA, ABIA STATE)» Abstract This research project looked into leadership traits required of secretaries. The questionnaire was the investment use to data collection. The...Continue Reading »
6. THE CHANGING ROLE OF SECRETARY AND ITS IMPLICATION ON PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF ALVAN IKOKU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OWERRI)» ABSTRACT The specific aim of this work was to know the changes in the role of the modern secretary and its implication on the productivity secretary, ...Continue Reading »
7. CAUSES AND REMEDIES TO JOB DISSATISFACTION AMONG SECRETARIES IN SELECTED PRIVATE AND GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENTS» ABSTRACT This research work was deigned to find out the causes and remedies to job dissatisfaction among secretaries in selected private and governmen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The success of any business organization depends largely on the female secretary efficiency. If it is...Continue Reading »
9. MODERN OFFICE EQUIPMENT USED BY OFFICE MANAGERS IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR ESTABLISHMENT WITH IMPLICATION ON SECRETARIAL TRAINING» ABSTRACT This research work was carried out to determine the office equipment used by managers in the private sectors establishment with implications ...Continue Reading »
10. ANALYSIS OF THE EFFECTS OF CORPORATE LEADERSHIP ON EMPLOYEE EMPOWERMENT (A CASE STUDY OF NUT COOPERATIVE SOCIETY, AKURE) BY» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Cooperatives, as economic enterprises and as self help organizations, play a meaningful role in uplifting the...Continue Reading »