The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 80 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
Library patronage is an essential factor for justifying the value and existence of libraries to the university community. However, observation and reports have showed significant decline in library patronage in many academic libraries in Nigeria. One wonder if this could be as a result of poor reading culture among students or lack of satisfaction with the information resources and facilities provided by libraries. This study therefore examined the influence that reading culture and user's satisfaction has on academic library patronage in private universities in Oyo State, Nigeria.
The descriptive survey design was used for the study. The population was made up of 1,244 final year students. Multi-stage sampling technique was used for selecting a sample size of 428. Data was collected with the aid of a questionnaire and analyzed using frequency distribution and percentage counts while linear and multiple linear regressions were used to analyze the hypotheses.
Findings from the study revealed a moderate reading culture with the overall mean (2.71) among undergraduates of private universities in Oyo State. The study also revealed a moderate extent of satisfaction with library resources and services provided with the overall mean (2.71). Respondents were also found to patronize the university libraries to a moderate extent with the overall mean (2.48). Reading culture was found to have a significant influence on library patronage (β =.627, p<.05). Also, there was positive significant influence of user satisfaction on academic library patronage of student (β =.538, p<.05). The study further revealed that reading culture and user satisfaction jointly contributed 50.3% to the variation in library patronage of students. Therefore, both factors jointly influence academic library patronage of student in private Universities in Oyo State, Nigeria (R2 = .503, P<.05).
The study concluded by noting that the university library is responsible for meeting the information needs of its community and as such recommends that libraries should encourage students at all level to show interest in reading by organizing periodic seminar, workshops to improve reading culture. Reading campaign should be organized regularly and reading should be part of the student handbook that every student must read when they gain admission. The University library should also endeavor to provide facilities and resources that will satisfy the information needs of its user community as well as competent and capable staffs to assist library users whenever they seek for help while using the library.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DEVELOPMENT OF LIBRARY PERIOD PROGRAMME FOR TEACHING INFORMATION LITERACY SKILLS IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN NSUKKA.» ABSTRACT This study aimed at developing library period programme for teaching information literacy skills. In the study, library period programme (LPP...Continue Reading »
126 pages | 8 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The study is on consultancy services in first generation federal university libraries in Nigeria. The study was carried out with these purpos...Continue Reading »
86 pages | 48 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This research into the history and development of the Nigerian School Library Association, (NSLA), aimed at finding out and analyzing the cir...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 47 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
4. INFORMATION NEEDS AND ACCESS TO RURAL WOMEN FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN ENUGU NORTH SENATORIAL ZONE OF ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT The study examined the information needs and access to rural women for community development in Enugu North Senatorial Zone of Enugu State. S...Continue Reading »
119 pages | 8 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Public Libraries are organizations established by governments to acquire, organize, store and disseminate information and knowledge to all pe...Continue Reading »
188 pages | 10 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) USE FOR SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATION AMONG ACADEMICS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the information and communication technology use for scholarly communication among academics in Nigeri...Continue Reading »
162 pages | 10 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. INFORMATION BEHAVIOUR AND WORK EFFECTIVENESS OF PHYSICIANS IN SELECTED GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS IN EDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Physicians, as health care providers, require information to effectively carry out their duties. They need relevant, accurate and up to date ...Continue Reading »
114 pages | 40 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. EXTENT OF LIBRARY UTILIZATION BY STUDENTS OF VETERINARY MEDICINE IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES IN THE SOUTH-EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study investigated the extent of library utilization by students of veterinary medicine in two federal universities in south east geopol...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 54 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study aims at finding the information retrieval system is basically a system that stores records in a file for data relevant to each req...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 70 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. UTILIZATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) IN USER SERVICES OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» Abstract This study investigated the utilization of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in user services of federal university libraries in...Continue Reading »
122 pages | 5 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE