Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 128 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of the study was to investigate the availability and utilisation of library’s e-resources by undergraduates of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike and Abia State University, Uturu. The research design used was a descriptive survey. The study population consisted of 35,153 undergraduate students drawn from the two institutions under study. A sample size of 395 undergraduates was drawn using Yaro Yamanne’s statistical method. An observation checklist and a Likert-four point rating scale were used as data collection instruments. The rating scale was distributed using a stratified random sampling techniques to 395 undergraduate students, 225 MOUAU and 170 ABSU undergraduate students out of which a total of 355 copies of the rating scale was returned and used for analysis. Data collected were analyzed using descriptive statistics of mean scores and standard deviation with the use of Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) version 20. The study found that the two libraries examined makes available varieties of e-resources and showed a strongly agreement response on the users’ level of awareness by the respondents. Furthermore, the study found out that the undergraduate students of the two institutions being examined makes use of the resources sometimes and in rare cases for the purposes of research, leisure, studying, project writing, doing assignments and in preparation for examinations. Consequently, the study also found out that the problems militating against the use of available electronic resources include; unawareness of the availability of related e-resources to their discipline/course of study, inadequate guide on how to use the resources, poor internet connection, inadequate ICT facilities, epileptic power supply, unconducive atmosphere, frequent breakdown of ICT facilities, virus attack, as well as inadequate trained personnel. The recommendations made to improve availability and use of electronic resources by undergraduates include: sustained public relations programme, purchase and building of power stations, increase in internet connectivity and bandwidth, provision of well ventilated reading rooms, user education, training and provision of well trained manpower were suggested for action.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFORMATION BEHAVIOUR AND WORK EFFECTIVENESS OF PHYSICIANS IN SELECTED GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS IN EDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Physicians, as health care providers, require information to effectively carry out their duties. They need relevant, accurate and up to date ...Continue Reading »
114 pages | 450 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
2. INFORMATION LITERACY COMPETENCE AND USE OF INFORMATION RESOURCES BY MEDICAL STUDENTS IN TWO UNIVERSITIES IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Information literacy competency has become inevitable especially with the rapid growth of information resources and advancement in technology...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 125 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. READING CULTURE AND USER SATISFACTION AS DETERMINANTS OF LIBRARY PATRONAGE BY UNDERGRADUATES IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN OYO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Library patronage is an essential factor for justifying the value and existence of libraries to the university community. However, observatio...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 403 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» Abstract The study explains preservation and conservation of library materials. In order to achieve this, causes of deterioration of library materials...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 63 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. THE ROLE OF ICT IN THE OF REFERENCE SERVICES TO LIBRARY USERS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE LIBRARY)» ABSTRACTThis research work is on the role of information and communication technology (ICT) in the provision of reference service in public library us...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 218 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study was designed to determine disaster management in academic libraries in Plateau State. The study was guided by five research questi...Continue Reading »
101 pages | 151 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study is to determine the training methods of librarians in ICT use in federal universities in the south east zone o...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 156 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. STRATEGIES FOR GENERATING REVENUE FOR PUBLIC LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA( A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL LIBRARY KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Information and its effective and proper dissemination is a powerful force to reckon with in any ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 354 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
9. INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT, JOB SATISFACTION AND EMPLOYEES’ COMMITMENT IN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH-EAST GEO-POLITICAL ZONE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The success and failure of every institution largely depends on employees’ commitment. Institutional support and job satisfaction are consi...Continue Reading »
186 pages | 175 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. ICT SKILLS, INFORMATION LITERACY AND USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES BY STUDENTS OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY IN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The use of Electronic Information Resources (EIRs) has become inevitable for higher education students in the digital age, given the volume o...Continue Reading »
136 pages | 468 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE