Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 128 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of the study was to investigate the availability and utilisation of library’s e-resources by undergraduates of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike and Abia State University, Uturu. The research design used was a descriptive survey. The study population consisted of 35,153 undergraduate students drawn from the two institutions under study. A sample size of 395 undergraduates was drawn using Yaro Yamanne’s statistical method. An observation checklist and a Likert-four point rating scale were used as data collection instruments. The rating scale was distributed using a stratified random sampling techniques to 395 undergraduate students, 225 MOUAU and 170 ABSU undergraduate students out of which a total of 355 copies of the rating scale was returned and used for analysis. Data collected were analyzed using descriptive statistics of mean scores and standard deviation with the use of Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) version 20. The study found that the two libraries examined makes available varieties of e-resources and showed a strongly agreement response on the users’ level of awareness by the respondents. Furthermore, the study found out that the undergraduate students of the two institutions being examined makes use of the resources sometimes and in rare cases for the purposes of research, leisure, studying, project writing, doing assignments and in preparation for examinations. Consequently, the study also found out that the problems militating against the use of available electronic resources include; unawareness of the availability of related e-resources to their discipline/course of study, inadequate guide on how to use the resources, poor internet connection, inadequate ICT facilities, epileptic power supply, unconducive atmosphere, frequent breakdown of ICT facilities, virus attack, as well as inadequate trained personnel. The recommendations made to improve availability and use of electronic resources by undergraduates include: sustained public relations programme, purchase and building of power stations, increase in internet connectivity and bandwidth, provision of well ventilated reading rooms, user education, training and provision of well trained manpower were suggested for action.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) USE FOR SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATION AMONG ACADEMICS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the information and communication technology use for scholarly communication among academics in Nigeri...Continue Reading »
162 pages | 54 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 89 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This research work was designed to examine the utilization of library resources by lecturers in University of Agriculture, Makurdi. The speci...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 70 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Libraries are the knowledge and information foundation of any nation. A library collects, organizes a...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 19 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» Abstract This study was designed to investigate the strategies for marketing library services in universities in South East Nigeria. The study employe...Continue Reading »
144 pages | 130 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. INFORMATION NEEDS AND RESOURCE UTILIZATION BY PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS: A CASE STUDY OF ESUT TEACHING HOSPITAL PARKLANE ENUGU» ABSTRACT This project aims at looking at information Dissemination on Agriculture in Nigeria, this is a particular reference to ADP Awka agricultural ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 183 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. LEADERSHIP STYLE, ORGANISATIONAL CULTURE AND STAFF MOTIVATION AS CORRELATES OF JOB SATISFACTION AND TURNOVER INTENTION IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES...» ABSTRACT Human capital is a key success factor in any organisation. Dissatisfied and unhappy staff may not perform maximally, and this could affect an...Continue Reading »
184 pages | 163 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF CIRCULATION SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR LIBRARIES IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES OF NORTH CENTRAL, NIGERIA» Abstract The aim of this study was to investigate the development and validation of circulation software package for university libraries in Federal U...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 50 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
9. INFORMATION NEEDS AND INFORMATION SEEKING BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES (The Case Study Of Imo State Library Board, Owerri)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION The researcher would want to begin this work with a survey of the importance of information in dail...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 244 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. ICT SKILLS, INFORMATION LITERACY AND USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES BY STUDENTS OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY IN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The use of Electronic Information Resources (EIRs) has become inevitable for higher education students in the digital age, given the volume o...Continue Reading »
136 pages | 171 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE