Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 84 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Indigenous knowledge sharing practice is a common practice among the elderly in rural communities in Nigeria. The rate at which western education is dominating the world portends that indigenous knowledge would fade if better ways to disseminate and preserve it is not devised. Its preservation and dissemination is largely dependent on whether young generation has the heritage of preserving indigenous knowledge at heart. Hence, the study examined demographic characteristics and indigenous knowledge sharing practices among trado-medical practitioners in Ijebu North Local Government Areas of Ogun State.
The survey research design was used for the study. The study population was made up of three hundred and fifty-nine Trado-medical practitioners in Ijebu North Local Government Area in Ogun State. Total enumeration was employed to include the entire population of the study group. The instrument for data collection was self-structured questionnaire. The Cronbach’s Alpha used to test reliability coefficient for indigenous knowledge practice was 0.90, the demographic characteristics of trado-medical practitioners was 0.74 and indigenous knowledge was 0.86 and overall coefficient was 0.90. Data were analyzed using descriptive, linear regression and multiple regression analyses.
Finding showed that marital status (85.2% ), sex (59.0%) and age (55.8%) with 43yrs above were the major demographic characteristics that enhance knowledge sharing practices among trado-medical practitioners. Nature observation (87.1%), training and apprentice (85.5%), brainstorming (84.8%), community of practice (82.6%) and discussion (71.9%) were mostly used by trado-medical practitioners for adequate knowledge sharing practices. Also, indigenous knowledge practice can be promoted through many social and formal Media (73.2%). Some of the major challenges encountered by trado-medical practitioners while sharing indigenous knowledge include the fact that the young generation of today do not consider the heritage of preserving indigenous knowledge as a priority (73.2%), the idea of traditionalizing all the status and images 75.2%, differentiating indigenous knowledge from others and (57.7%) showed lack of interest among young generation to preserve the knowledge due to the wide acceptance of western education.
The study concluded that demographic factors enhances indigenous knowledge sharing among trado-medical practitioners and found that marital status, sex and age were factors that enhanced trado-medical practitioners ability to share knowledge with ease, while the most prevailing challenge against the spread of indigenous knowledge is the attitude of young generation towards preserving and disseminating the knowledge. Based on the observed challenge, the researcher recommends that preservation of indigenous knowledge should be intensified by trado-medical practitioners among the young generation, government should increase the supervision and quality control of herbal drugs distribution around the Nigeria and establish support team to enable trado-medical practitioner’s function and help the society.
Keywords: Demographic Characteristics, Indigenous Knowledge,
Knowledge Sharing Practice, Trado-medical Practitioner, and Ijebu North Local
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Libraries are the knowledge and information foundation of any nation. A library collects, organizes a...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 505 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
2. INFORMATION LITERACY COMPETENCE AND USE OF INFORMATION RESOURCES BY MEDICAL STUDENTS IN TWO UNIVERSITIES IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Information literacy competency has become inevitable especially with the rapid growth of information resources and advancement in technology...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 63 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. READING CULTURE AND USER SATISFACTION AS DETERMINANTS OF LIBRARY PATRONAGE BY UNDERGRADUATES IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN OYO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Library patronage is an essential factor for justifying the value and existence of libraries to the university community. However, observatio...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 185 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
4. INFORMATION NEED AND INFORMATION SEEKING BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE LIBRARY BOARD OWERRI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION The researcher would want to begin this work with a survey of the impo...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 170 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. MANAGEMENT OF SPECIAL COLLECTIONS IN A PERIOD OF REDUCED FUNDING: A CASE STUDY OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE LIBRARY UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA» THESIS ABSTRACT The objective of this research was to investigate the management of the Special Collection Division in a period of reduced funding in ...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 66 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This research work was designed to examine the utilization of library resources by lecturers in University of Agriculture, Makurdi. The speci...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 94 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. AN ASSESSMENT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICES TO USERS OF ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN NASARAWA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study is an assessment of library and information services to users of academic libraries in Nasarawa state using descriptive survey met...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 125 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. INFORMATION NEEDS AND RESOURCE UTILIZATION BY PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS: A CASE STUDY OF ESUT TEACHING HOSPITAL PARKLANE ENUGU» ABSTRACT This project aims at looking at information Dissemination on Agriculture in Nigeria, this is a particular reference to ADP Awka agricultural ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 243 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Library is the back bone of every sound education. Library is regarded as the store house of information and knowledge. S...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 178 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE READING HABITS OF THEOLOGICAL AND MANAGEMENT STUDENTS OF ST. PAUL’S UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, AWKA.» ABSTRACT This study was designed to compare the reading habits of the Theology and Management students of St. Paul's University College Awka. The obje...Continue Reading »
103 pages | 196 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE