The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 84 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
Indigenous knowledge sharing practice is a common practice among the elderly in rural communities in Nigeria. The rate at which western education is dominating the world portends that indigenous knowledge would fade if better ways to disseminate and preserve it is not devised. Its preservation and dissemination is largely dependent on whether young generation has the heritage of preserving indigenous knowledge at heart. Hence, the study examined demographic characteristics and indigenous knowledge sharing practices among trado-medical practitioners in Ijebu North Local Government Areas of Ogun State.
The survey research design was used for the study. The study population was made up of three hundred and fifty-nine Trado-medical practitioners in Ijebu North Local Government Area in Ogun State. Total enumeration was employed to include the entire population of the study group. The instrument for data collection was self-structured questionnaire. The Cronbach’s Alpha used to test reliability coefficient for indigenous knowledge practice was 0.90, the demographic characteristics of trado-medical practitioners was 0.74 and indigenous knowledge was 0.86 and overall coefficient was 0.90. Data were analyzed using descriptive, linear regression and multiple regression analyses.
Finding showed that marital status (85.2% ), sex (59.0%) and age (55.8%) with 43yrs above were the major demographic characteristics that enhance knowledge sharing practices among trado-medical practitioners. Nature observation (87.1%), training and apprentice (85.5%), brainstorming (84.8%), community of practice (82.6%) and discussion (71.9%) were mostly used by trado-medical practitioners for adequate knowledge sharing practices. Also, indigenous knowledge practice can be promoted through many social and formal Media (73.2%). Some of the major challenges encountered by trado-medical practitioners while sharing indigenous knowledge include the fact that the young generation of today do not consider the heritage of preserving indigenous knowledge as a priority (73.2%), the idea of traditionalizing all the status and images 75.2%, differentiating indigenous knowledge from others and (57.7%) showed lack of interest among young generation to preserve the knowledge due to the wide acceptance of western education.
The study concluded that demographic factors enhances indigenous knowledge sharing among trado-medical practitioners and found that marital status, sex and age were factors that enhanced trado-medical practitioners ability to share knowledge with ease, while the most prevailing challenge against the spread of indigenous knowledge is the attitude of young generation towards preserving and disseminating the knowledge. Based on the observed challenge, the researcher recommends that preservation of indigenous knowledge should be intensified by trado-medical practitioners among the young generation, government should increase the supervision and quality control of herbal drugs distribution around the Nigeria and establish support team to enable trado-medical practitioner’s function and help the society.
Keywords: Demographic Characteristics, Indigenous Knowledge,
Knowledge Sharing Practice, Trado-medical Practitioner, and Ijebu North Local
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study is to determine the training methods of librarians in ICT use in federal universities in the south east zone o...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 23 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
2. INFORMATION NEEDS AND ACCESS TO RURAL WOMEN FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN ENUGU NORTH SENATORIAL ZONE OF ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT The study examined the information needs and access to rural women for community development in Enugu North Senatorial Zone of Enugu State. S...Continue Reading »
119 pages | 37 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. ACCESSIBILITY AND UTILIZATION OF REFERENCE RESOURCES AND SERVICES BY STUDENTS IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION IN ANAMBRA AND ENUGU STATES OF NIGERIA» Abstract This study investigated accessibility and utilization of reference and information resources and services by students in four Colleges of Edu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 25 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
4. LEADERSHIP STYLE, EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE, EMPOWERMENT AND TURNOVER INTENTIONS OF LIBRARIANS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST AND SOUTH-SOUTH, N...» ABSTRACT Digital revolution has brought about employee mobility resulting in increased turnover intentions which is now regarded as a global challenge...Continue Reading »
182 pages | 29 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN NIGERIAN INDUSTRIES(A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES)» ABSTRACT This research work is aimed at identifying the level and usage of Information Communication Technology in Nigerian industries. The sole aim o...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 71 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. ICT COMPETENCIES OF LIBRARY STAFF AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, FCT AND UNIVERSITY OF JOS, PLATAEU STATE.» ABSTRACT This study investigated the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) competencies of library staff in the University of Abuja, FCT and ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 78 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. JOB SATISFACTION AND PERFORMANCE OF LIBRARIANS IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study examined job satisfaction and performance of librarians in Federal University Libraries in South East Nigeria. The study was guide...Continue Reading »
120 pages | 30 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. LEADERSHIP STYLE, ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND JOB EFFECTIVENESS OF LIBRARIANS IN UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Job effectiveness of academic librarians in today’s information age is important as they are expected to be the vanguard of acquiring, ...Continue Reading »
148 pages | 82 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
9. THE PROBLEMS OF ACQUISITION OF MATERIAL AND SERVICES TO USERS IN SPECIAL LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY)» ABSTRACT This is a research on problems of acquisition of materials and services to users in special libraries in Nigeria. A case study of Imo State H...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. KNOWLEDGE CREATION, TRANSFER AND PRODUCT INNOVATION IN AGRO-ALLIED FOOD COMPANIES IN ONDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT It is generally accepted that the innovative activities of an organization depends strongly on her ability to create and transfer knowledge. ...Continue Reading »
119 pages | 27 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE