Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 104 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
Best records management practices and computer literacy skills promote job performance of university registry staff through the records they create, use and maintain, hence the university administration rely much on it for quality decision making. Then, the presence of information technology seems to improve the job performance of registry staff of universities as they upgrade from their work from manual to electronic method. However, many students had bitter experiences as their records are mismanaged and retrieval of their urgent records delayed by the registry staff which has great implication to the university at large. This predicament could be as a result of improper records management practices and inadequate computer literacy skills. It is in light of this that the present study investigated records management practices, computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff in Ogun state, Nigeria.
The study adopted a survey research design. The population of the study consisted of 1311 university registry staff in Ogun State, Nigeria. The sample size of 300 registry staff were randomly selected. A validated questionnaire titled “Records management practices, computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff of Ogun State universities” was used to collect data from the respondents. For the reliability and validation of the instrument, the overall Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficient obtained for all the variables was 0.82. The data collected from the study were analyzed using descriptive statistics and multiple regression analysis with significant level fixed at alpha of 0.05.
The findings of the study revealed records management practices in registry of Ogun State universities include records creation, classification, security, storage, retrieval, tracking and destruction. The study revealed also that computer literacy skills is good. It shows also that there was a significant relationship between records management practices and job performance (R2 = .085, P<.05). The result equally showed that there was no significant relationship between computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff (F = 1.378, P>.05). While the combined result of records management practices and computer literacy skills revealed that computer literacy skills when considered with records management practices jointly also do not have effect on the job performance of registry staff (R2 = 0.60, P<.05).
The study concluded that records management practices contributed immensely to the job performance of registry staff in Universities in Ogun State Nigeria as computer literacy skills did not significantly influence registry staff job performance. It is recommended that university registry staff should uphold their job performance, and should be encouraged to improve themselves with computer literacy skills in order to meet-up with technological advancement and also to beat their competitors in the university industry. Finally, the university administration should provide adequate fund to the registry department to enable them perform their job effectively.
Keywords: Records management practice, Computer literacy skills, Job Performance, Registry Staff, Ogun State, Nigeria
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. LIBRARY AUTOMATION, ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES’ USE AND PERFORMANCE OF LIBRARIANS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Librarians’ performance is meeting information needs of users by providing quality services and resources. Library automation afford great ...Continue Reading »
2. UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS USE OF INTERNET RESOURCES FOR RESEARCH PROJECT IN UNIVERSITIES IN NORTH – CENTRAL NIGERIA» Abstract This study was carried out to examine undergraduate students’ use of Internet resources for research project in Universities in North C...Continue Reading »
3. ATTITUDE OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS TOWARDS THE ACADEMIC USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES IN TWO FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES IN ENUGU AND ANAMBRA STATE...» ABSTRACT This study examined the attitude of undergraduate students towards academic use of electronic information resources in two federal universiti...Continue Reading »
4. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) LITERACY SKILLS LEVEL OF STAFF OF NATIONAL LIBRARY OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to find out the information and communication technology literacy skills level of staff of National library of Nati...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study explains preservation and conservation of library materials. In order to achieve this, causes of deterioration of library materials...Continue Reading »
6. INFORMATION LITERACY SKILLS, COMPUTER SELF-EFFICACY AND E-RESOURCES USE BY POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIESIN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The introduction of new technologies has had a significant influence on teaching, learning and research activities in universities. This has ...Continue Reading »
7. DEMOGRAPHIC CHARACTERISTICS AND INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE SHARING PRACTICES AMONG TRADO-MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS IN IJEBU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF OGUN ...» ABSTRACT Indigenous knowledge sharing practice is a common practice among the elderly in rural communities in Nigeria. The rate at which western educa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Library is the back bone of every sound education. Library is regarded as the store house of information and knowledge. S...Continue Reading »
9. COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE WAY OF GENERATING INCOME IN NIGERIAN LIBRARIES (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO LIBRARY AND UYO E-LIBRARY)» ABSTRACT The study examines the issues and solutions of ethical hacking and cyber security in Nigerian telecommunication industry, the study has the f...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examines cattle trade and its place in the development of Maigatari economy in Jigawa state, Nigeria between 1960 2010.It is an im...Continue Reading »