Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 104 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
Best records management practices and computer literacy skills promote job performance of university registry staff through the records they create, use and maintain, hence the university administration rely much on it for quality decision making. Then, the presence of information technology seems to improve the job performance of registry staff of universities as they upgrade from their work from manual to electronic method. However, many students had bitter experiences as their records are mismanaged and retrieval of their urgent records delayed by the registry staff which has great implication to the university at large. This predicament could be as a result of improper records management practices and inadequate computer literacy skills. It is in light of this that the present study investigated records management practices, computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff in Ogun state, Nigeria.
The study adopted a survey research design. The population of the study consisted of 1311 university registry staff in Ogun State, Nigeria. The sample size of 300 registry staff were randomly selected. A validated questionnaire titled “Records management practices, computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff of Ogun State universities” was used to collect data from the respondents. For the reliability and validation of the instrument, the overall Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficient obtained for all the variables was 0.82. The data collected from the study were analyzed using descriptive statistics and multiple regression analysis with significant level fixed at alpha of 0.05.
The findings of the study revealed records management practices in registry of Ogun State universities include records creation, classification, security, storage, retrieval, tracking and destruction. The study revealed also that computer literacy skills is good. It shows also that there was a significant relationship between records management practices and job performance (R2 = .085, P<.05). The result equally showed that there was no significant relationship between computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff (F = 1.378, P>.05). While the combined result of records management practices and computer literacy skills revealed that computer literacy skills when considered with records management practices jointly also do not have effect on the job performance of registry staff (R2 = 0.60, P<.05).
The study concluded that records management practices contributed immensely to the job performance of registry staff in Universities in Ogun State Nigeria as computer literacy skills did not significantly influence registry staff job performance. It is recommended that university registry staff should uphold their job performance, and should be encouraged to improve themselves with computer literacy skills in order to meet-up with technological advancement and also to beat their competitors in the university industry. Finally, the university administration should provide adequate fund to the registry department to enable them perform their job effectively.
Keywords: Records management practice, Computer literacy skills, Job Performance, Registry Staff, Ogun State, Nigeria
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study is to determine the training methods of librarians in ICT use in federal universities in the south east zone o...Continue Reading »
2. INFLUENCE OF PATIENT RECORDS MANAGEMENT PRACTICES, DISEASE SURVEILLANCE AND NOTIFICATION SYSTEMS ON EPIDEMIC CONTROL IN OSUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT An epidemic free environment enhances the health status of all citizens in the community. The passive disease surveillance and notification s...Continue Reading »
3. INFORMATION BEHAVIOUR AND WORK EFFECTIVENESS OF PHYSICIANS IN SELECTED GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS IN EDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Physicians, as health care providers, require information to effectively carry out their duties. They need relevant, accurate and up to date ...Continue Reading »
4. INFORMATION NEEDS AND INFORMATION SEEKING BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES (The Case Study Of Imo State Library Board, Owerri)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION The researcher would want to begin this work with a survey of the importance of information in dail...Continue Reading »
5. AN ASSESSMENT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICES TO USERS OF ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN NASARAWA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study is an assessment of library and information services to users of academic libraries in Nasarawa state using descriptive survey met...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Public Libraries are organizations established by governments to acquire, organize, store and disseminate information and knowledge to all pe...Continue Reading »
7. INVOLVEMENT OF GOVERNMENT AND NON-GOVERNMENTAL AGENCIES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRIMARY SCHOOL LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST OF NIGERIA 1980-2010» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to trace and document the history of agency involvement in the development of primary school libraries in Southeast...Continue Reading »
8. INFORMATION NEED AND INFORMATION SEEKING BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE LIBRARY BOARD OWERRI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION The researcher would want to begin this work with a survey of the impo...Continue Reading »
9. BOOK EXHIBITION AS A MARKETING STRATEGY FOR LIBRARY SERVICES IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN NORTH – EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This research work investigated book exhibition as a marketing strategy for improving library services in three academic libraries. A descrip...Continue Reading »
10. INFORMATION NEEDS AND RESOURCE UTILIZATION BY PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS: A CASE STUDY OF ESUT TEACHING HOSPITAL PARKLANE ENUGU» ABSTRACT This project aims at looking at information Dissemination on Agriculture in Nigeria, this is a particular reference to ADP Awka agricultural ...Continue Reading »