Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 104 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
Best records management practices and computer literacy skills promote job performance of university registry staff through the records they create, use and maintain, hence the university administration rely much on it for quality decision making. Then, the presence of information technology seems to improve the job performance of registry staff of universities as they upgrade from their work from manual to electronic method. However, many students had bitter experiences as their records are mismanaged and retrieval of their urgent records delayed by the registry staff which has great implication to the university at large. This predicament could be as a result of improper records management practices and inadequate computer literacy skills. It is in light of this that the present study investigated records management practices, computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff in Ogun state, Nigeria.
The study adopted a survey research design. The population of the study consisted of 1311 university registry staff in Ogun State, Nigeria. The sample size of 300 registry staff were randomly selected. A validated questionnaire titled “Records management practices, computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff of Ogun State universities” was used to collect data from the respondents. For the reliability and validation of the instrument, the overall Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficient obtained for all the variables was 0.82. The data collected from the study were analyzed using descriptive statistics and multiple regression analysis with significant level fixed at alpha of 0.05.
The findings of the study revealed records management practices in registry of Ogun State universities include records creation, classification, security, storage, retrieval, tracking and destruction. The study revealed also that computer literacy skills is good. It shows also that there was a significant relationship between records management practices and job performance (R2 = .085, P<.05). The result equally showed that there was no significant relationship between computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff (F = 1.378, P>.05). While the combined result of records management practices and computer literacy skills revealed that computer literacy skills when considered with records management practices jointly also do not have effect on the job performance of registry staff (R2 = 0.60, P<.05).
The study concluded that records management practices contributed immensely to the job performance of registry staff in Universities in Ogun State Nigeria as computer literacy skills did not significantly influence registry staff job performance. It is recommended that university registry staff should uphold their job performance, and should be encouraged to improve themselves with computer literacy skills in order to meet-up with technological advancement and also to beat their competitors in the university industry. Finally, the university administration should provide adequate fund to the registry department to enable them perform their job effectively.
Keywords: Records management practice, Computer literacy skills, Job Performance, Registry Staff, Ogun State, Nigeria
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.Background of the study Libraries are established either by the government, individuals or corporate organizations for th...Continue Reading »
2. ASSESSMENT OF REFERENCE AND INFORMATION SERVICES TO UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN ENUGU AND ANAMBRA STATES» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to assess reference and information services rendered to the undergraduate students in federal university libraries ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study aims at finding the information retrieval system is basically a system that stores records in a file for data relevant to each req...Continue Reading »
4. INFLUENCE OF ICT LITERACY SKILLS ON ITS APPLICATION FOR LIBRARY USE AMONG ACADEMIC LIBRARIANS IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study investigated the influence of ICT literacy on its application for library services by academic librarians. The study was guided by ...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Libraries are the knowledge and information foundation of any nation. A library collects, organizes a...Continue Reading »
7. UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS USE OF INTERNET RESOURCES FOR RESEARCH PROJECT IN UNIVERSITIES IN NORTH – CENTRAL NIGERIA» Abstract This study was carried out to examine undergraduate students’ use of Internet resources for research project in Universities in North C...Continue Reading »
8. LIBRARY AUTOMATION, ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES’ USE AND PERFORMANCE OF LIBRARIANS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Librarians’ performance is meeting information needs of users by providing quality services and resources. Library automation afford great ...Continue Reading »
9. MANAGEMENT OF SPECIAL COLLECTIONS IN A PERIOD OF REDUCED FUNDING: A CASE STUDY OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE LIBRARY UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA» THESIS ABSTRACT The objective of this research was to investigate the management of the Special Collection Division in a period of reduced funding in ...Continue Reading »
10. UTILIZATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) IN USER SERVICES OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» Abstract This study investigated the utilization of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in user services of federal university libraries in...Continue Reading »