The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 104 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
Best records management practices and computer literacy skills promote job performance of university registry staff through the records they create, use and maintain, hence the university administration rely much on it for quality decision making. Then, the presence of information technology seems to improve the job performance of registry staff of universities as they upgrade from their work from manual to electronic method. However, many students had bitter experiences as their records are mismanaged and retrieval of their urgent records delayed by the registry staff which has great implication to the university at large. This predicament could be as a result of improper records management practices and inadequate computer literacy skills. It is in light of this that the present study investigated records management practices, computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff in Ogun state, Nigeria.
The study adopted a survey research design. The population of the study consisted of 1311 university registry staff in Ogun State, Nigeria. The sample size of 300 registry staff were randomly selected. A validated questionnaire titled “Records management practices, computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff of Ogun State universities” was used to collect data from the respondents. For the reliability and validation of the instrument, the overall Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficient obtained for all the variables was 0.82. The data collected from the study were analyzed using descriptive statistics and multiple regression analysis with significant level fixed at alpha of 0.05.
The findings of the study revealed records management practices in registry of Ogun State universities include records creation, classification, security, storage, retrieval, tracking and destruction. The study revealed also that computer literacy skills is good. It shows also that there was a significant relationship between records management practices and job performance (R2 = .085, P<.05). The result equally showed that there was no significant relationship between computer literacy skills and job performance of university registry staff (F = 1.378, P>.05). While the combined result of records management practices and computer literacy skills revealed that computer literacy skills when considered with records management practices jointly also do not have effect on the job performance of registry staff (R2 = 0.60, P<.05).
The study concluded that records management practices contributed immensely to the job performance of registry staff in Universities in Ogun State Nigeria as computer literacy skills did not significantly influence registry staff job performance. It is recommended that university registry staff should uphold their job performance, and should be encouraged to improve themselves with computer literacy skills in order to meet-up with technological advancement and also to beat their competitors in the university industry. Finally, the university administration should provide adequate fund to the registry department to enable them perform their job effectively.
Keywords: Records management practice, Computer literacy skills, Job Performance, Registry Staff, Ogun State, Nigeria
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study set out to examine disaster control measures in academic libraries in Nasarawa State of Nigeria. It was guided by five research qu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 8 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
2. LEADERSHIP STYLE, ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND JOB EFFECTIVENESS OF LIBRARIANS IN UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Job effectiveness of academic librarians in today’s information age is important as they are expected to be the vanguard of acquiring, ...Continue Reading »
148 pages | 51 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. INFLUENCE OF INFORMATION DISSEMINATION ON THE ACHIEVEMENT OF MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS (MDGs) IN KOGI STATE, NIGERIA» ...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 8 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
4. BIBLIOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH REPORTS IN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The research study is a Bibliometrics analysis of post graduate research report in Library and Information Science in Nigerian universities, ...Continue Reading »
231 pages | 61 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. INFORMATION NEEDS AND RESOURCE UTILIZATION BY PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS: A CASE STUDY OF ESUT TEACHING HOSPITAL PARKLANE ENUGU» ABSTRACT This project aims at looking at information Dissemination on Agriculture in Nigeria, this is a particular reference to ADP Awka agricultural ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 75 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. JOB SATISFACTION AND PERFORMANCE OF LIBRARIANS IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study examined job satisfaction and performance of librarians in Federal University Libraries in South East Nigeria. The study was guide...Continue Reading »
120 pages | 11 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. LIBRARY AUTOMATION, ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES’ USE AND PERFORMANCE OF LIBRARIANS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Librarians’ performance is meeting information needs of users by providing quality services and resources. Library automation afford great ...Continue Reading »
104 pages | 44 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study is to determine the training methods of librarians in ICT use in federal universities in the south east zone o...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 8 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
9. AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) FACILITIES IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION LIBRARIES IN KANO STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was designed to determine the availability and utilization of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities in College...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 6 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. ACCESSIBILITY AND UTILIZATION OF REFERENCE RESOURCES AND SERVICES BY STUDENTS IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION IN ANAMBRA AND ENUGU STATES OF NIGERIA» Abstract This study investigated accessibility and utilization of reference and information resources and services by students in four Colleges of Edu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 7 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE