Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 75 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study investigated the extent of library utilization by students of veterinary medicine in two federal universities in south east geopolitical zone of Nigeria. Five research questions were formulated to guide the study. The population of the study was 1250 undergraduates students of veterinary medicine but 20% of the population participated in the study. The instruments for data collection were questionnaire and observation checklist. 250 copies of the questionnaire were distributed to the students, out of which 246 copies were returned, representing 98.4% of the copies distributed, which is a response rate. To analyze the data, descriptive statistics were employed which includes percentages and mean to answer the research questions. The result obtained from the findings revealed that: Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike and University of Nigeria, Nsukka has the same information resources as veterinary medicine students. Library services in both institutions under study are inadequate resulting in student’s apathy to the library. The study shows inadequate utilization of library by students of veterinary medicine and some information materials are dated in the library, such that students also find it difficult to know when new materials are acquired in both libraries, possible suggestions on improvement were made: provision of relevant and current information resources. Provision of internet services/facilities is the libraries, Current Awareness Services and employment of more staff to help students locate materials in the library. Conclusion and recommendations were made based on the findings of the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. MANAGEMENT OF SPECIAL COLLECTIONS IN A PERIOD OF REDUCED FUNDING: A CASE STUDY OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE LIBRARY UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA» THESIS ABSTRACT The objective of this research was to investigate the management of the Special Collection Division in a period of reduced funding in ...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 158 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The history of university library development in Nigeria dates back to pre independence time when the...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 196 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the staff needs and training programmes of the National Library of Nigeria in the information age. Six research quest...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 483 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the extent of librarians’ motivation in public libraries in South east geopolitical zone of Nigeria, comprising...Continue Reading »
120 pages | 553 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) USE FOR SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATION AMONG ACADEMICS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the information and communication technology use for scholarly communication among academics in Nigeri...Continue Reading »
162 pages | 168 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. BOOK EXHIBITION AS A MARKETING STRATEGY FOR LIBRARY SERVICES IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN NORTH – EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This research work investigated book exhibition as a marketing strategy for improving library services in three academic libraries. A descrip...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 161 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. INFORMATION LITERACY COMPETENCE AND USE OF INFORMATION RESOURCES BY MEDICAL STUDENTS IN TWO UNIVERSITIES IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Information literacy competency has become inevitable especially with the rapid growth of information resources and advancement in technology...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 125 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. READING CULTURE AND USER SATISFACTION AS DETERMINANTS OF LIBRARY PATRONAGE BY UNDERGRADUATES IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN OYO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Library patronage is an essential factor for justifying the value and existence of libraries to the university community. However, observatio...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 404 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
9. ICT COMPETENCIES OF LIBRARY STAFF AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, FCT AND UNIVERSITY OF JOS, PLATAEU STATE.» ABSTRACT This study investigated the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) competencies of library staff in the University of Abuja, FCT and ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 417 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study set out to examine disaster control measures in academic libraries in Nasarawa State of Nigeria. It was guided by five research qu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 182 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE