Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 75 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study investigated the extent of library utilization by students of veterinary medicine in two federal universities in south east geopolitical zone of Nigeria. Five research questions were formulated to guide the study. The population of the study was 1250 undergraduates students of veterinary medicine but 20% of the population participated in the study. The instruments for data collection were questionnaire and observation checklist. 250 copies of the questionnaire were distributed to the students, out of which 246 copies were returned, representing 98.4% of the copies distributed, which is a response rate. To analyze the data, descriptive statistics were employed which includes percentages and mean to answer the research questions. The result obtained from the findings revealed that: Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike and University of Nigeria, Nsukka has the same information resources as veterinary medicine students. Library services in both institutions under study are inadequate resulting in student’s apathy to the library. The study shows inadequate utilization of library by students of veterinary medicine and some information materials are dated in the library, such that students also find it difficult to know when new materials are acquired in both libraries, possible suggestions on improvement were made: provision of relevant and current information resources. Provision of internet services/facilities is the libraries, Current Awareness Services and employment of more staff to help students locate materials in the library. Conclusion and recommendations were made based on the findings of the study.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. JOB SATISFACTION AND PERFORMANCE OF LIBRARIANS IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study examined job satisfaction and performance of librarians in Federal University Libraries in South East Nigeria. The study was guide...Continue Reading »
120 pages | 40 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
2. AWARENESS, USE AND USERS’ SATISFACTION WITH LIBRARY E-RESOURCES BY UNDERGRADUATES OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, LAGOS STUDY CENTRE» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to ascertain awareness, use and users’ satisfaction of library electronic resources by undergraduates of Nat...Continue Reading »
93 pages | 88 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) USE FOR SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATION AMONG ACADEMICS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the information and communication technology use for scholarly communication among academics in Nigeri...Continue Reading »
162 pages | 37 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The study is on consultancy services in first generation federal university libraries in Nigeria. The study was carried out with these purpos...Continue Reading »
86 pages | 93 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. STRATEGIES FOR GENERATING REVENUE FOR PUBLIC LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA( A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL LIBRARY KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Information and its effective and proper dissemination is a powerful force to reckon with in any ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 240 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. KNOWLEDGE CREATION, TRANSFER AND PRODUCT INNOVATION IN AGRO-ALLIED FOOD COMPANIES IN ONDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT It is generally accepted that the innovative activities of an organization depends strongly on her ability to create and transfer knowledge. ...Continue Reading »
119 pages | 34 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» Abstract xi This study was designed to investigate marketing library services in academic libraries in Niger state, Nigeria. The study employed a desc...Continue Reading »
107 pages | 37 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. INFLUENCE OF INFORMATION DISSEMINATION ON THE ACHIEVEMENT OF MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS (MDGs) IN KOGI STATE, NIGERIA» ...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 37 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
9. SOCIAL MEDIA USE AS A DETERMINANT OF KNOWLEDGE SHARING PRACTICES AND SERVICE DELIVERY BY LIBRARIANS IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The proliferation of information and communication technology has had a significant influence on knowledge sharing practices and service deli...Continue Reading »
96 pages | 101 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. AN ASSESSMENT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICES TO USERS OF ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN NASARAWA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study is an assessment of library and information services to users of academic libraries in Nasarawa state using descriptive survey met...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 94 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE