Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Management of human resources is that functions of the enterprises which provides for effective utilization of people to achieve both the objectives of the enterprises and satisfaction and development of employees.
The survival of any organization depends on the proper management of its materials financial and human resources.
The management of all these human resources is in the hands of destined human beings. Human resources management in the collaboration with other resources makes a business or an organization to run effectively.
But the most important of these is man; people are keys elements an organization activity focuses on. How well the man feels on an organization with in on doubt determine his productivity. Therefore the concern of every organization should centered on the satisfaction of man.
An organization man produce or render services like any other organization in the same business with the same resources employed or utilized, but they may differ in productivity as a result of efficient human resources management.
The importance of human resources management in relation to productivity in an organization ‘can not be over emphasized because it’s the life more and soul or heart beat of every organization.
In any organization resources are basically grouped in two i.e. human and material resources, among these resource desired for the provision of goods and services, the most difficult to the manager its human resource, regardless of what product or service an organization provides and no matter what it’s size, age or location.
It must procure human resources in order to remain viable. Further, if the organization is to survive, it must design programmes to develop it’s human resources to their fullest capacities and maintain on going worker commitment.
Human resource management as it practiced today recognized the dynamic and interaction of personal function with each other and with objectives of the organization.
Most important it recognizes that human resource planning must be coordinated closely with organization strategies and related planning functions.
As a result effort in human resources management is being directed towards providing support for achievement of profit of government organization. Human resources planning is clearly not just concerned with numbers. Plans for training, redeployment, promotion and productivity all indicates the importance of getting three right staffs in the right jobs, as well as the right numbers. For personal or human resources to enhance higher productivity.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In most our organization today, productivity of workers is far below expectation, business many organization incur a lot of lost as a form of wastage caused by management of the organization. In which workers are unable to perform their various job effectively to enhance productivity. Another problem face by industry is lack of due training and development programmes, in job dissatisfaction most employees don’t find it easy in doing the job assign to them in the because the don’t have the necessary skills and talent needed to make them handle construction job effectively. Another diver stating problem is increase rate of labor turn over in the industry as result of the workers inability to satisfying and accomplishing the construction task assign to them on time. Another problem is the construction industry lack of adequate and competent human resource department who can bring adequate productivity to the industry.
The above mentioned problems have nothing to offer the industry and rather than decrease in service deliver which in turn effects the overall enhancement of the productivity. The only or one of the major solutions to these problems is for the industry to embark on adequate training and development programmes, and to initiate adequate and proper human resources management departments which will help in selecting the adequate workers that will embark the industry to enhance higher productivity and also good construction work.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- To find out the prospects of human resource management in enhancing higher productivity.
- To determine how productivity can be enhanced through an efficient human resource management.
- To examine the extent to which human resource management have impacted on employees’ performance.
- To ascertain whether effective human resources management have had any impact on the company’s goals and objectives.
- To ascertain whether team work and cooperation serve as a means of effective human resources management.
- What is the prospect of human resource management in enhancing higher productivity?
- Has productivity been enhanced through an efficient human resources management?
- To what extent has human resources management impacted on employees’ performance?
- Have effective human resources management had any impact on the company’s goals and objective?
- Does team work and cooperation serve as mean of effective human resources management.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Considering the significance of the study you will observe that all organization whether governmental or non governmental, profit or non profit cannot over look the relevance of effective and efficient utilization of human resource.
The study is of immense benefits to managers, employment of personal and human resource of officers of Sintax construction industries policies, it examines personnel policies, on recruitment, on selection, placement, training and development.
Equally I highlighted the need for good human resource management in Sintax Construction Company which aimed at total customer satisfaction at higher productivity.
The study is also relevant to academicians, industry and to society at large, since it attempts to ascertain in areas of human resource management in Nigeria.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The focus of the study is the prospects of human resource management in an industry or organization and how it enhance higher productivity in Sintax Construction industry. In a study in this nature it could have been better much elaborated to cover almost all the Sintax branches across the country.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The researcher decided to limit the research work to Kaduna head office as a result of financial constraints, other problems include issue of adequate information because most of their information were not stored in the computer, they are only filed manual and which can easily got damaged or lost incase of any inconsistencies.
HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Sintax is a team of result oriented, innovative, stand alone and upwardly mobile professionals drawn from diverse fields as architecture, engineering, surveying, accountancy and information technology.
Sintax limited was incorporated as a private limited liability company by corporate affairs under the companies and allied matters Act, 1990 on 19th August, 1995, with registration number 279348.
Sintax limited are pacesetters in consultancy, building and civil engineering construction, and properly development who boldly and totally broke away from the Nigerian tradition in other to achieve commitment to the tradition of excellence and completely re-building the Nigerian environment. This bold and total break with Nigerian tradition could not be made without courage, without sincere, faith that the end justifies then means.
VISION STATEMENT OF SYNTAX
In pulling the nation out of current state of despondency and technical dependence, trough restoring it hope and self-confidence by proving, that is giving the right conditions; Nigerians are capable of attaining a comb combination of technical and moral excellence.
BOARD OF DIRECTOR’S EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT AND POTENTIAL HUMAN CAPITAL
Sintax construction company has below mentioned names of board of directors/executive management who regulates the day today affairs of company.
Activities of Sintax construction company
Sintax Construction Company also engages in carrying out the following activities which are as follows:-
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Land surveying and quantity surveying
B. Building Construction
i. residential and Commercial Estates
ii. Parks and Resorts
- industrial buildings
- Commercial Centers Residential Blocks and office complexes
C. Civil Construction
i. Access roads
ii. Urban Roads
- Bridges and allied Construction works
Sintax construction Company since it establishment have succeeded in satisfying its value customers as listed below:-
- federal Government of Nigeria
- Kaduna state Government
- Katsina state Government
- Plateau state Government
- Yobe state Government
- Niger state Government
- Sokoto state Government
- command and staff college Jaji
- Minisrty of Defence
- Canes Properties Limited
- NUB International Bank Limited
- Shell trustees (Nigeria), Limited
- Kaduna North Local Government
- Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria
- Stallion Properties Development and company limited
- Barumark international limited
- UAC Properties limited
- Mangal Group limited
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Productivity: The quality of fact of being productive, capacity to produce
Promotion: Advancement in position, getting on, progress made moving an employee to a job with higher pay.
Recruit: A fresh supply or number of persons either as additional to the precious number or to make up for a decrease.
Placement: Its actions placing or fact of being placed, placing arrangement.
Resource: Means or refers to people, material and equipment.
Training: A process that involves the acquisition of skills, concept, rules or attitudes in order to improve presence and future performance.
Planning: Selecting missions and objectives and the strategies programs and procedures for achieving them decision making the selection of actions from among alternatives.
Staffing: Filling position in the organizational structure through defining workforce requirement, inventory control, appraising selecting, compensation and training
Policies: Broads guides to actions which relate to goals attainment
Incentives: Payment or concession to encourage hard working
Recruitment: A process of forming full qualified applicants
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study All organizations are concerned with what should be done to achieve high level of productivity th...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEES PARTICIPATION IN DECISION MAKING ON PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED FIRMS, OZORO DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Decision is a choice whereby a person forms a conclusion about a situation. (Costello et al 1963 ...Continue Reading »
» This article (the effect of motivational incentives on the performance of employee of first bank Nigeria plc) is an extract from the complete material...Continue Reading »
4. COMMUNICATION AS A TOOL FOR THE EFFICIENCY OF WORKERSâ€™ PERFORMANCE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF AUCHI POLYTECHNIC, AUCHI)» Abstract This research focuses on communication as a tool for the efficiency of workers’ performance in an organization. Based on the analysis o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project focuses on Motivating Employee through Non Monetary Incentive (A Case Study of First Bank Nig. Plc, Bida Branch). Several textbo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background Social networking is creating a dramatic changes or dynamic in the environment but it’s obvious it is c...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Christian religion has come a long way with the first missionary station at Badagry in 1842. In 1857, the chu...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECT OF MANAGEMENT/LABOUR RELATION PRACTICE(S) ON WORKERS PRODUCTIVITY (STUDY OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER 1 Introduction 1.1 Background to the Study In every association, be it a political or business, etc. we have the labour and management team in...Continue Reading »
9. AN EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF WAGES AND SALARIES POLICIES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF WORKERS OF NATIONAL EYE CENTRE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Employer provides work for employees just as employee on the other hand enables organization and nati...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The establishment of management structures for the management of a project is one of the important a...Continue Reading »