Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
In totality the project is concerning the problem encountered by social workers in social work practice. In details, this project consists of five chapters, the first chapter is the introduction part were the researcher highlights the background, aims, objectives and significance of the study as well as research question. Constitute the chapter one, second chapter the researcher review the different contribution made by authors about the problems encountered by social workers in social work practice. The third chapter is the research methodology, while four the last chapter the research presented and analysis of data base on the questionnaire filled by the respondents. The last chapter is the researcher summarized the whole project in details, draw to conclusion as well as recommendations by the researcher. I therefore, believe this project will allow the government and general public to recognize and understand the importance and problems faces by social workers in social work practice in this country.
Although social work practice in Nigerian is gradually growing group, the rate of development acceptance of any reformation is very slow, social work is still growing in Nigeria.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
For years now, social work practice department in this country, had laid make emphasis on the correction of juvenile delinquents and vagrants, and sometimes organizers of youth clubs/association and sports, in fact this is part of their work but the function of social welfare department is to help the poor and the needy in their bit to survivor, it is also to help problems that brought about by environment of social change.
The welfare are therefore, meant toward those who cannot meet up with the challenges (new social changes), there are several services offered in the state and these include conciliation rehabilitation and general welfare, these includes married couples with marital problems, victims of mental and physical distress or handicapped etc. others includes services for children is of service to children with social workers, investigation are carried out by social workers with the aim of helping the court to determine the type of treatments to be made. The social welfare agency also are responsible for looking after abandoned babies and making proper arrangement to find foster parents for them or placing them in children’s home services to family in distress is another and these involves family case work practice. The social workers tries to discourage family disintegration and endeavour when ever possible i.e. to affect matrimonial reconciliation, this involves many persuasion and many difficulties are often encountered, service for the handicapped, disable person and baggers and these also mainly rehabilitate the unfortunate people.
At present there are five rehabilitation centres in Kaduna state the centres and were they are situated are Kakuri, Barnawa, Sabon Tasha and Magajin Gari, within Kaduna metropolis, to the low recognition or piece meal given to social welfare services department in this country social workers can not provide these above mentioned services. Effectively thus most of our social policy and planning fails.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research work is from observation and interaction with the staffs at the agency (social welfare magin gari Kaduna state) during my SIWES attachment and it became evidence that in the agency, work is slow, cases that suppose to be brought to social welfare are been taken to the police, also there is need for workshops and seminars.
1.3 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to finding out the problems encountered by social workers in social work practice. The study limits the collection of data to selected social welfare centre magajin gari and social welfare office magajin gari and also the social welfare office sabon tasha Kaduna state.
The findings of this study was gotten from observation and interaction with staffs of the agency during my industrial training fund (I.T.F) attachment social development encompasses, child welfare, rehabilitation etc. but it will only focus on the problems encountered by social workers in social work practice.
1.4 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The general objectives of this study is to identify the problems encountered by social workers in social work practice in magajin gari, local government social welfare office Kaduna and social welfare office Sabon Tasha Kaduna state.
The specific objectives includes
1. To find out the range of service rendered by the agency
2. To identify the problems with which the staffs of the agency had to contend
3. To determine how client were informed about the agency and the type of problems the brought to the agency and whether the got the help or not.
4. To know what strategies one could adopt to enhance the services
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are the range of services rendered by the social welfare agencies
2. what are the problems encountered by the staffs in the social welfare agency (magajin gari and sabon tasha)
3. what are the problems been brought by client to the social welfare agency? And are these problem properly solve?
1.6 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
The pattern of social welfare work in Nigeria has witnessed many changes in the last decade. The inexperience men previously see social welfare agency as rendering family services alone such as children maintenance allowance. Child dispate and maltreatment or handling wives by their respective husbands. But due to rapid public awareness, many stored appreciating the scope of the services rendered by the agency. These include among others, child care, hospital services, probation, family welfare, youth and prison welfare services respectively.
This project will enable the authority concerned and the populace to understand and appreciate the importance and problems encountered by the social welfare agencies in this country.
The social workers will benefit from these study in the source that it will help and make them know were they are lacking behind.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The research focus on compensation policy as means of attracting and retaining employee, it present a conceptual and theoretical study of the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In today’s business, retention of valuable employees is one of the most critical issues facing employers, This study therefore focuses ...Continue Reading »
3. MANAGING HUMAN RESOURCES FOR IMPROVED ORGANISATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: A CASE STUDY OF AMWUO ODOFIN LGA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Organizations are seeking to create much competition between them, taking more market, more custo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The history of planning is old as man himself planning had started from the ancient era during th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Economic growth and the increased pace of urbanization and industrialization in many countries ha...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEES PARTICIPATION IN DECISION MAKING ON PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED FIRMS, OZORO DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Decision is a choice whereby a person forms a conclusion about a situation. (Costello et al 1963 ...Continue Reading »
7. AN ASSESSMENT OF LEADERSHIP STRATEGIES ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATION BOARD, KADUNA ANNEX)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Organizational leadership strategy is a process, which allows management to be proactive rather t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Trying to match limited global resources against an ever increasing world population appears to be the crux of the matter. Th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In any organization, there are functional objectives from department to department, all these functio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study In every business organization, the performance of the employees is important in achieving organizati...Continue Reading »