Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
Trucking hasbecome the major and most important mean of transporting goods in Nigeria as a
result of the collapse of the rail means. Due to the bad nature of the roads that these trucks/tankers pass through, the state of the trucks and the fact that most designated truck park are not fully developed. This has resulted in these trucks/tankers converging on towns on their routes from origin to destination known as rest stations. This study examines the socio-economic activities of trucking between Mararaban Jos and Tafa, two rest stations along the Abuja-Zaria road corridor. The aim of the study is to compare the socio-economic activities of trucking between Mararaban Jos and Tafa, while the objectives was to determine the socio-demographic characteristics of truckers making use of the rest stations, assess the impact of trucking on trading/business related to trucking in these rest stations, asses the trucking facilities in the rest stations, assess the impact of truck drivers on the social life style of the resident of the study area and assess the impact of trucking on the environment of the rest stations.
In achieving this, the methodology adopted for this research work was the quantitative research method; this was done through the administration of questionnaires in the rest stations. A total of 134 copies of questionnaire were administered to the resident of the two rest stations out of which 96 were recovered. Also, 61 copies of questionnaire were administered to truckers in the two rest stations out of which 59 were recovered. Data collected from the field was presented using tabular presentation after which they were analyzed. Equally, certain variable were cross tabulated for further analysis.
After analysis, it was discovered that most trading/business activities in the rest stations are related to trucking and trucking activities and that trucking in the reststations greatly impact on the profit margin of businesses in the area(61.1% in Mararaban Jos and 53.8% in Tafa), and that trucking equally impact negatively on their social life style (100% in Mararaban Jos and 100% in Tafa) and environment (100% in Mararaban Jos and 100% in Tafa).
Recommendations stated in this work includes, a holistic approach towards the development of the two truck parks in the rest stations, relocation of truckers to these parks after the development of the parks, encouragement of small scale business in the town since they provide source of living and employments to residents. Discouragement of illicit hard drug trade and prostitution in the town.
1.1 Background totheStudy
Transportation plays acrucial role inthe economic development and trade ofcountries and
consequently inthe welfare of their peoples (UNESCO 2008). The ability of industries to produce
goods and services is dependent ontransport tobring raw materials, spare parts, labour and energy
from different locations. Italso delivers manufactured goods, agricultural products andservices to
domestic andinternational markets.
Forany economy to beefficient and effective there isthe need to have anefficient and
effective transport system. Abdulkareem (2008) opined that since no single location is well
endowed withallnatural resources, there istheneedtotransport some ofthese natural resources
from places where they are abundantly available to areas where they are needed but not
available. Rodrigue and Notteboom (2009) also noted that the transport sector isan i
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. FUELWOOD EXPLOITATION AND ITS IMPACTS ON ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION AMONG OF KAKAU DAJI VILLAGE, CHIKUN LGA KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Fuelwood is a source of energy derived by burning wood materials like logs and twigs and is commo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Nigeria is the most populous nation in Africa and the 8th in the world with an estimated figure o...Continue Reading »
3. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE AGEING POPULATION IN DOGON DUTSE COMMUNITY OF JOS NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF PLATEAU STATE» ABSTRACT It is no longer stories that the population is globally aging. The growing number of the ageing persons has posed a great challenge on famili...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Within the last decade, environmental concerns have gained prominence throughout the world. Sever...Continue Reading »
5. DISTRIBUTION AND UTILIZATION OF FOREST RESOURCES AND ITS IMPLICATIONS ON TRADITIONAL MEDICINE IN MBO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT This research project examined the distribution and utilization of forest resources and its implication on traditional medicine. Specific emp...Continue Reading »
6. ANALYSIS OF ACCESS AND UTILIZATION OF INSTITUTIONAL CREDIT FACILITIES AMONG FARMERS IN AGATU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, BENUE STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The importance of credit in agricultural production cannot be over emphasized. Farmers in Agatu Local Government Area despite being an agrari...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work examines the Nigeria’s foreign debt profile, in relation to the debt management plans adopted to manage Nigeria’s incre...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Water is an essential liquid to human lives and continuous existence of the ecosystem. Water has ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis study examines the domestic water supply and consumption in Ibadan north east local government area of Oyo state, Nigeria. Primary and Se...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research project is an assessment of built up expansion in Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto from 2007 to 2015. Data for this research...Continue Reading »