Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The elderly in Nigeria are denied resources by formal institutions towards retirement and comfort to life in advanced stage of their existence. Yet, they are the custodians of culture and tradition, mediators during conflict resolution and contributors in enforcing peace in their various communities. Thus, their living conditions is of paramount importance especially in Lafia local government area because it comprises of varying diverse cultures and traditions which can only be held confidential and transferred to the younger ones when they are due, by the elderly persons. This study therefore examined the general living conditions of the elderly, factors affecting their living conditions, types and sources of support as well as the coping strategies of the elderly in Lafia Local Government Area, Nasarawa State, Nigeria. The study used their social, economic and health conditions as indicators. Purposive sampling technique was adopted and a structured questionnaire was administered to 399 respondents from six wards in the Local Government Area. In addition, Focus Group Discussions were held and In-depth Interviews were conducted on the subject matter to complement the quantitative data. Data were analyzed with both descriptive and inferential statistics using the Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS). The study showed that 77% of the respondents are in the early elderly (65-74) age group in which female respondents constitute 59.1% and males 40.9%. Farming and trading constitute the most important occupations engaged by the elderly with about 67.9%. However, majority of the elderly constituting 63.7% generate less than N 16,000 per month. The result of the principal component analysis (PCA) showed that factors such as health and nutrition of the elderly (11.50 eigenvalue), support given to the elderly (0.78 eigenvalue) and socialization and family association (0.60 eigenvalue) are the major factors influencing the living conditions of the elderly in Lafia. Majority of the support for the elderly is gotten from the children with 49.1%, and the nature of support for the elderly appeared to be mainly financial support with about 49.1% in the study area. Going by this, the living standard of the elderly is concluded to be generally low. The study recommends that there is need for health insurance schemes for the elderly, special supply of food supplements for the old and also the provision of geriatric healthcare facilities like specialized hospital and old people's homes either by Nasarawa State government or private individuals. There is also need for stakholders to design policies that will ensure the elderly are financially secured in their old age so as to improve their standard of living.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CLIMATE CHANGE AWARENESS AND ATTITUDE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN UMUAHIA EDUCATION ZONE, ABIA STATE.» Abstract This research was a descriptive survey aimed at determining the climate change awareness and attitude of senior secondary school students in ...Continue Reading »
2. ASSESSMENT OF SOME HEAVY METALS CONTENT IN LOCAL AND IMPORTED FISH IN JEMA’A LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT People in Jema’a Local Government Area of Kaduna State, consume both imported and local fish without adequate information of likely hea...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This report is concerned with work done and the skills acquired during the student industrial training which is primarily on survey and town ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study Human anxiousness as well as quest to improve survival chances and gain better control over their...Continue Reading »
5. RISK FACTORS INFLUENCING DIARRHOEAL OCCURRENCE AMONG CHILDREN UNDER FIVE YEARS OLD IN INFORMAL URBAN SETTLEMENTS: A CASE STUDY OF KOROGOCHO, IN NAIROB...» ABSTRACT The main objective of this study was to establish the relationship between risk factors of childhood diarrhoea and it’s occurrence in K...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION One of the greatest hazards of man today is poor sanitary condition of his environment, which is being caused by his dail...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Despite constitutional provisions and discussions on regional and international human rights treatie...Continue Reading »
8. Physiochemical Characteristics and Environmental Impact of Effluent Wastes from PROMOTEX Industries, Nnewi.» ABSTRACT For a total period of four months, effluent, water and soil samples were collected on a monthly basis from an industrial area in Nnewi in Ana...Continue Reading »
9. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF TEACHING GEOGRAPHY IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU SOUTH L.G.A)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Geography education was introduced in the Nigerian School Curriculum as part of the instrument fo...Continue Reading »
10. ANALYSIS OF ACCESS AND UTILIZATION OF INSTITUTIONAL CREDIT FACILITIES AMONG FARMERS IN AGATU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, BENUE STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The importance of credit in agricultural production cannot be over emphasized. Farmers in Agatu Local Government Area despite being an agrari...Continue Reading »