Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The elderly in Nigeria are denied resources by formal institutions towards retirement and comfort to life in advanced stage of their existence. Yet, they are the custodians of culture and tradition, mediators during conflict resolution and contributors in enforcing peace in their various communities. Thus, their living conditions is of paramount importance especially in Lafia local government area because it comprises of varying diverse cultures and traditions which can only be held confidential and transferred to the younger ones when they are due, by the elderly persons. This study therefore examined the general living conditions of the elderly, factors affecting their living conditions, types and sources of support as well as the coping strategies of the elderly in Lafia Local Government Area, Nasarawa State, Nigeria. The study used their social, economic and health conditions as indicators. Purposive sampling technique was adopted and a structured questionnaire was administered to 399 respondents from six wards in the Local Government Area. In addition, Focus Group Discussions were held and In-depth Interviews were conducted on the subject matter to complement the quantitative data. Data were analyzed with both descriptive and inferential statistics using the Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS). The study showed that 77% of the respondents are in the early elderly (65-74) age group in which female respondents constitute 59.1% and males 40.9%. Farming and trading constitute the most important occupations engaged by the elderly with about 67.9%. However, majority of the elderly constituting 63.7% generate less than N 16,000 per month. The result of the principal component analysis (PCA) showed that factors such as health and nutrition of the elderly (11.50 eigenvalue), support given to the elderly (0.78 eigenvalue) and socialization and family association (0.60 eigenvalue) are the major factors influencing the living conditions of the elderly in Lafia. Majority of the support for the elderly is gotten from the children with 49.1%, and the nature of support for the elderly appeared to be mainly financial support with about 49.1% in the study area. Going by this, the living standard of the elderly is concluded to be generally low. The study recommends that there is need for health insurance schemes for the elderly, special supply of food supplements for the old and also the provision of geriatric healthcare facilities like specialized hospital and old people's homes either by Nasarawa State government or private individuals. There is also need for stakholders to design policies that will ensure the elderly are financially secured in their old age so as to improve their standard of living.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CLIMATE CHANGE AWARENESS AND ATTITUDE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN UMUAHIA EDUCATION ZONE, ABIA STATE.» Abstract This research was a descriptive survey aimed at determining the climate change awareness and attitude of senior secondary school students in ...Continue Reading »
98 pages | 658 hits | Source: GEOGRAPHY
2. ANALYSIS OF ACCESS AND UTILIZATION OF INSTITUTIONAL CREDIT FACILITIES AMONG FARMERS IN AGATU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, BENUE STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The importance of credit in agricultural production cannot be over emphasized. Farmers in Agatu Local Government Area despite being an agrari...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 217 hits | Source: GEOGRAPHY
3. A STUDY INTO THE INFLUENCE OF FIELD STUDY ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF GEOGRAPHY STUDENTS (Case study of Geography Department, UNIBEN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Field study is the collection of information outside a laboratory, library or workplace setting (...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 216 hits | Source: GEOGRAPHY
4. THE ASSESSMENT OF URBAN EXPANSION IN AKURE-SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA USING REMOTE SENSING AND GIS TECHNIQUES.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Urbanization as a process is a universal phenomenon being experienced all over the world, anywhere hu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 221 hits | Source: GEOGRAPHY
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Groundwater is commonly understood to mean water occupying all the voids within a geologic stratum. G...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 65 hits | Source: GEOGRAPHY
6. AN ASSESSMENT OF TREE DENSITY AND DIVERSITY ON SMALL HOLDER FARMED PARKLAND AGROFORESTRY SYSTEMS IN DAURA» CHAPTER 1 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The importance of trees to smallholder farmers is well known, and includes the provision of div...Continue Reading »
141 pages | 168 hits | Source: GEOGRAPHY
7. ANASSESSMENT OF THE ROLE OF ROAD TRANSPORT IN THE MOVEMENT OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE IN MAKARFI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAOF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT There is inadequacy in the number of vehicles to convey farm outputs from farms to markets in Nigeria. Roads are generally inadequate and ver...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 110 hits | Source: GEOGRAPHY
8. EFFECTS OF PERIODIC MARKETS ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF GIWA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study focuses on the effects of periodic markets on economic development of Giwa Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Purposive samplin...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 69 hits | Source: GEOGRAPHY
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background To Study The complexity of anthropogenic activities of man without adequate attention to geological structure of m...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 451 hits | Source: GEOGRAPHY
» ABSTRACT This study attempts an assessment of tree species density and diversity on smallholder farms in Wudil, Bichi, Ungogo and Gaya areas of Kano S...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 219 hits | Source: GEOGRAPHY