Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The elderly in Nigeria are denied resources by formal institutions towards retirement and comfort to life in advanced stage of their existence. Yet, they are the custodians of culture and tradition, mediators during conflict resolution and contributors in enforcing peace in their various communities. Thus, their living conditions is of paramount importance especially in Lafia local government area because it comprises of varying diverse cultures and traditions which can only be held confidential and transferred to the younger ones when they are due, by the elderly persons. This study therefore examined the general living conditions of the elderly, factors affecting their living conditions, types and sources of support as well as the coping strategies of the elderly in Lafia Local Government Area, Nasarawa State, Nigeria. The study used their social, economic and health conditions as indicators. Purposive sampling technique was adopted and a structured questionnaire was administered to 399 respondents from six wards in the Local Government Area. In addition, Focus Group Discussions were held and In-depth Interviews were conducted on the subject matter to complement the quantitative data. Data were analyzed with both descriptive and inferential statistics using the Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS). The study showed that 77% of the respondents are in the early elderly (65-74) age group in which female respondents constitute 59.1% and males 40.9%. Farming and trading constitute the most important occupations engaged by the elderly with about 67.9%. However, majority of the elderly constituting 63.7% generate less than N 16,000 per month. The result of the principal component analysis (PCA) showed that factors such as health and nutrition of the elderly (11.50 eigenvalue), support given to the elderly (0.78 eigenvalue) and socialization and family association (0.60 eigenvalue) are the major factors influencing the living conditions of the elderly in Lafia. Majority of the support for the elderly is gotten from the children with 49.1%, and the nature of support for the elderly appeared to be mainly financial support with about 49.1% in the study area. Going by this, the living standard of the elderly is concluded to be generally low. The study recommends that there is need for health insurance schemes for the elderly, special supply of food supplements for the old and also the provision of geriatric healthcare facilities like specialized hospital and old people's homes either by Nasarawa State government or private individuals. There is also need for stakholders to design policies that will ensure the elderly are financially secured in their old age so as to improve their standard of living.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A STUDY INTO THE INFLUENCE OF FIELD STUDY ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF GEOGRAPHY STUDENTS (Case study of Geography Department, UNIBEN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Field study is the collection of information outside a laboratory, library or workplace setting (...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 INTRODUCTION Global Warming is measurable increases in the average temperature of Earth’s atmosphere, oceans, and landmasses. Scientists bel...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This report is concerned with work done and the skills acquired during the student industrial training which is primarily on survey and town ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1. 1 Background of the Study Soil is one of the world‘s greatest resource. It has been described as a natural body of a...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE AND COASTAL FLOODING IN BRASS AND NEMBE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS WITHIN BAYELSA STATE. NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND In the past few year, the whether climate is changing and been characterised by the temperature, wind, preci...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Water is a simple molecule, consisting of two hydrogen atoms bonded to an oxygen atom with molecular formula H2O (Bassem,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTIONClay is a common name for a number of fine grained earthly materials that become plastic and tenacious when moist, and tha...Continue Reading »
8. TOPOGRAPHICAL MAP OF THE FACULTY OF SCIENCE (KASU) SERVING AS A REFERENCE DOCUMENT AND USE AS A RESEARCH MATERIAL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.0.1 MAP A map is a pictorial, diagram or analogue (or all) of the surface of the earth (or othe...Continue Reading »
9. EVALUATING THE LAND REGISTRATION AND RE-CERTIFICATION BY THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION IN VIEW TO IMPROVE THE KADUNA LAND TITLES» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background Of The Study Rapid urbanisation has placed urban land in African countries under pressure.In many of these countri...Continue Reading »
10. THE ASSESSMENT OF URBAN EXPANSION IN AKURE-SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA USING REMOTE SENSING AND GIS TECHNIQUES.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Urbanization as a process is a universal phenomenon being experienced all over the world, anywhere hu...Continue Reading »