Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 51 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-4 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of Content
1.0 CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Purpose of Study
1.2 Scope of the Study
1.3 Justification of the Study
2.0 CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Introduction to Marxism
2.2 Concept of Marxism
2.3 Elements of Marxism
2.4 Review on Olu Obafemi’s Wheels
2.5 Review on Ngugi Wa Thiong’s A Grain of Wheat
3.0 CHAPTER THREE: DATA ANALYSIS
3.1 Characterisation in Olu Obafemi’s Wheels
3.2 Symbolism in Olu Obafemi’s Wheels
3.3 Characterisation in Ngugi’s A Grain of Wheat
3.4 Symbolism in Ngugi’s A Grain of Wheat
4.0 CHAPTER FOUR: SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION
4.1 Summary and Conclusion
Characterisation is the presentation, description, representation and analysis of the various characters or cast in any work of art; either a play, novel or poetry.
Characterisation is how the characters are created, moulded and presented by a writer. Characters are fictional even when they are not real human beings but animals or inanimate objects, we very well do know what they stand for. It can be said to be the way the author treats his characters or the development of characters in a piece of work.
Characterisation is a word that describes how the author develops the personality of the story characters in a story. A well developed characters is one that has been thoroughly characterized, with may traits shown in the narrative. A well-developed character acts according to past instances provided by its visible traits unless more information about the character is provided. The better the audience knows the characters, the better the characters development. Thorough characterization makes characters well-rounded and complex.
Characterization is also the process of conveying information about characters in narrative or dramatic works of art or everyday conversation. Characters may be presented by means of description, through their actions, speech, or thoughts. There are two ways an author can convey information about a character and they are:
1. Direct or explicit characterisation: The author literally tells the audience what a character is like. This may be done via the narrator, another character or by the character himself or herself.
2. Indirect or Implicit Characterisation: The audience must deduce for themselves what the character is like, through the character’s thoughts, actions, speech (choice of words, way of talking), looks and interaction with other characters, including other characters reactions to that particular person.
Symbolism is when the author uses an object or reference to add deeper meaning to a story. Symbolism in literature can be subtle for obvious, used sparingly or heavy-handedly.
Symbolism is the art or practice of using symbols especially by investing things with symbolic meaning or by expressing the invisible or intangible by means of visible or sensuous representations as:
(a) Artistic initiation or invention that is a method of revealing or suggesting immaterial, ideal; or otherwise intangible truth or states.
(b) The use of conventional or traditional signs in the representation of divine beings and spirits.
A symbol in literature is a thing that suggests more than its literal meaning. Symbols generally do not stand for any one meaning nor for anything absolutely definite, they point, they hint or as Henry James puts it, “They cast long shadows.” It is the use of symbols to represent things especially in art and literature.
Symbols are amazing things that rule our lives. When we over estimate their power, we suffer, when we underestimate their power we suffer.
Symbolism is often used to support a literary theme in a subtle manner. When the symbols, words, objects symbolize things that are not literally portrayed in the literary work, it is regarded to as symbolism.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ELEMENT OF PARA-GOTHICISM IN CHARLOTTE BRONTE’S JANE EYRE AND EMILY BRONTE’S WUTHERING HEIGHTS» ABSTRACT Para Gothicism is not a rediscovery of the gothic, but rather a rebirth of that style; it is also a modern name for Gothicism which is a genr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research explores the court praise songs of Zazzau Emirate. This particular research focuses its attention on who are these singers, wha...Continue Reading »
3. A STYLISTIC STUDY OF PARALLELISM IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SPEECHES OF PRESIDENTS BARRACK OBAMA AND GOODLUCK JONATHAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The role of language in every society is multifunctional; it serves various purposes ranging from...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Proverbs enshrine a lot of historical and cultural heritage of the people who possess them. They contain a vast treasure of information and k...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Existing studies in different spheres of human endeavour have focused on the negative and destructive potentials of conflict. The scanty atte...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This Study analyses and discusses the pragmatically negation in selected U.S and Nigerian presidential speeches. It first examined the proces...Continue Reading »
7. FOLKTALES AND MORAL INSTRUCTION: A THEMATIC ANALYSIS OF HAUSA WOMEN’S TALES IN KUMBOTSO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN KANO STATE» ABSTRACT This study examines the important moral, traditional, education, etc. roles Hausa women folktales bequeathed to children. It seeks to analyse...Continue Reading »
8. A PHONOLOGICAL DESCRIPTION OF THE TWO-WORD STAGE OF LANGUAGE ACQUISITION: A CASE STUDY OF AN ENGLISH-HAUSA BILINGUAL» ABSTRACT Human language is primarily characterized by sounds formed and produced by the Organs of Speech. This dissertation entitled; “A Phonolo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Human beings cannot function in chaos, and out of the chaos of life they create an ordered existence. The basic ideas of the world, physical ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research is aim to find out the relevance of reading newspapers among students. The majority of students agree that reading newspapers en...Continue Reading »