Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study aims to draw attention to the need to have correct and appropriate subtitling in Kannywood movies, so as to elevate its status and promote better grasp of its aesthetics. To highlight the historical background of Kannywood movie industry. Researcher reaches that good and correct subtitling may futher enhance audienship of the esthetics quality of filming and boost communication.
1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Kannywood is the title given to the film industries in the Northern part of Nigeria with Kano as its epicenter, hence named after Kano (Farouk, 2012). It suffices to note that the name “Kannywood” followed the styles of the American “Hollywood”, Indian “Bollywood” and similar other “woods” across the world (Farouk, 2012) Kannywood was created beside the national film industry called “Nollywood” where the films produced are in English, the actors mostly Christians from the Southern part of Nigeria (Lere, 2014).
Unlike Nollywood, the medium used in Kannywood is Hausa, which is the major language in the North and the most widely spoken indigenous language in Nigeria second only to Swahili in the whole of Africa (Musa, 2014).
With the world reducing into a global village day by day, and with markets shrinking and fast expanding, many have welcomed the idea of subtitling Hausa films as produced by film industries in the Kannywood (Musa, 2014). Some years ago films initially rendered in Hausa like “Wasila” directed by YakubuLere were re-filmed with new cast and, English was used as medium of communication. This apparently proved unviable due to limited sales which were due to the strong role of the Hausa Language among the majority of Kannywood viewers (Musa, 2014). This set back only helped to confirm the need to subtitle Hausa films to English language in order to ensure wide viewing among various audiences who are non-speaking Hausas in Nigeria and indeed beyond. In recent times, many Hausa films have been subtitled to English but Hausa and non-Hausa speaking viewers have increased their call for producers to do a better subtitling. It is against this background that this study seeks to examine: Subtitling Challenges in Kannywood movies.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Kannywood has come to stay and waxing stronger as the day goes by to the extent that movie industries within and outside Nigeria want to associate with the industry.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. POLITICAL SATIRE IN NIGERIAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF EMEKA NWABUEZE’S A PARLIAMENT OF VULTURES AND TESS ONWUEME’S THEN SHE SAID IT» ABSTRACT Political satire in Nigeria literature as the topic of this essay sets out to understudy the employment of mockery and ridicule in Nigerian l...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Tanure Ojaide is a well known personality in African creative writing. A literary critic and ...Continue Reading »
3. AN EXAMINATION OF THE ORAL ENGLISH SUBJECT CONTENT: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ETI OSA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND Dialect is the real apparatus of correspondence in human culture and discourse possesses a noteworthy position in many dialogs...Continue Reading »
4. NEO-COLONIALISM IN SELECTED POEMS OF JOE USHIE’S A REIGN OF LOCUSTS AND EYOH ETIM’S SONG OF OUR TIME» Abstract This research examines the Concept of Neo Colonialism in Joe Ushie’s A Reign of Locusts and Eyoh Etim’s Songs of Our Time. The poets focu...Continue Reading »
» 107 CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction This research work focuses on the phonology of Kofyar Language. Kofyar language is spoken in Pla...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION One of the most important differences between man and animal is man’s ability to speak and make others understand him. ...Continue Reading »
7. A LINGUISTIC STYLISTIC ANALYSIS OF THE CAMPAIGN SPEECHES OF TWO PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES IN THE 2011 ELECTIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL BACKGROUND. 1.0 PREAMBLE INTRODUCTION This chapter contains the background to the study, a brief profile of the p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research is a sociolinguistic analysis of the use of Nigerian Pidgin for transactions in Zaria markets. Pidgins are contact vernacular no...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is an attempt to explore the recurring grave concerning the academic performance of students. Though a large percentage of stude...Continue Reading »
10. LANGUAGE BEHAVIOUR AND ITS EFFECTS IN A MULTILINGUAL SETTING: A SOCIOLINGUISTIC DESCRIPTION OF OGORI/MAGONGO PEOPLE OF KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT Multilingualism has been defined as the ability of an individual to speak two or more languages in any communicative event. Therefore, intra ...Continue Reading »