Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This chapter presents the general overview of this research work as well as its significance and statement of problems and also possible solution to those problems as this study is aimed to achieve.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Scam mails are a form of financial fraud in which huge offers of money are made to people provided they pass on bank details and other personal information to the perpetrator. This kind of message presents us with a typical instance of globalized communication, they are produced in the margins of the world and sent to other places; they are electronically mediated and they are written in varieties of world languages, mostly English.
Patterns in content include similar narratives involving vast sums of money to be transferred from the scammer’s home country with outside help and common persuasive strategies frequently involving apologies, flattery, attempts to intrigue, trust and religious feelings while patterns in writing features include use of attention inducing buzz words like “urgent’’ and “secret’’ in subject headings
as well as in the letters themselves, and obvious nonnative English
grammar, mechanics and vocabulary errors. Inspite of the cruder elements of
these letters and worldwide efforts to fight the con artists sending
them, recipients are still drawn into these scams in large numbers, losing huge
sums of money every year. The best defense against them must still entail
comprehensive public education about the nature of this scam.
For now, it still seems likely that for every antiscam measure someone develops, scammers will devise a counter measure. Perhaps, then preventing scam from reaching personal computers might better be treated as a secondary concern, the primary goal should infact be the education of netizens to recognize deceptive content, specious persuasive strategies, inaccurate and unfair stereotypes of a scam when they see them ensuring that they will avoid becoming its next victim.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In scam messages,authors claim particular identities and relationships and have to do so using specific,generically regimented forms of communication.Investigating such forms yields a complex view of what it takes to communicate in a globalized environment at least three different forms of communicative competence seem to be blended.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study aims to draw attention to the need to have correct and appropriate subtitling in Kannywood movies, so as to elevate its status and ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The purpose of this study is to ascertain how verbs are formed in the two Languages. In contact, namely; English and Languages were extensive...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Sex, Gender and Violence. In recent years, increasing attention has been paid to women writing in Africa. Consequently, g...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION According to Cambridge dictionary, society is defined as a particular community of people who share the same customs, law...Continue Reading »
5. LINGUISTIC STUDY OF SELECTED NIGERIAN CHILDREN’S POETRY IN OSSIE ENEKWE’S GENTLE BIRDS COME TO ME AND IKEOGU OKE’S SONG OF SUCCESS AND OTHER POE...» ABSTRACT Poetic language is the language in which the words are artfully selected and combined in their best order in order to convey thoughts meaning...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Human beings cannot function in chaos, and out of the chaos of life they create an ordered existence. The basic ideas of the world, physical ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT It is popular knowledge that most counties in Africa were at one time or the other under the control of foreign countries after the Berlin co...Continue Reading »
8. HOW MARIAMA BA USES LANGUAGE TO PORTRAY FEMINISM - THE REACTION OF FEMALES AGAINST THE OPPRESSIVE AND DISCRIMINATORY CULTURE EXPERIENCED BY THEM - IN ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study The struggle for women’ right began in the 18th century during the period of intense intellectual a...Continue Reading »
9. POLITICAL SATIRE IN NIGERIAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF EMEKA NWABUEZE’S A PARLIAMENT OF VULTURES AND TESS ONWUEME’S THEN SHE SAID IT» ABSTRACT Political satire in Nigeria literature as the topic of this essay sets out to understudy the employment of mockery and ridicule in Nigerian l...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study has thrown an insight into the impact of mother tongue in the speaking skills of English language. The impact: of "mother tongue" ...Continue Reading »