Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This chapter presents the general overview of this research work as well as its significance and statement of problems and also possible solution to those problems as this study is aimed to achieve.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Scam mails are a form of financial fraud in which huge offers of money are made to people provided they pass on bank details and other personal information to the perpetrator. This kind of message presents us with a typical instance of globalized communication, they are produced in the margins of the world and sent to other places; they are electronically mediated and they are written in varieties of world languages, mostly English.
Patterns in content include similar narratives involving vast sums of money to be transferred from the scammer’s home country with outside help and common persuasive strategies frequently involving apologies, flattery, attempts to intrigue, trust and religious feelings while patterns in writing features include use of attention inducing buzz words like “urgent’’ and “secret’’ in subject headings
as well as in the letters themselves, and obvious nonnative English
grammar, mechanics and vocabulary errors. Inspite of the cruder elements of
these letters and worldwide efforts to fight the con artists sending
them, recipients are still drawn into these scams in large numbers, losing huge
sums of money every year. The best defense against them must still entail
comprehensive public education about the nature of this scam.
For now, it still seems likely that for every antiscam measure someone develops, scammers will devise a counter measure. Perhaps, then preventing scam from reaching personal computers might better be treated as a secondary concern, the primary goal should infact be the education of netizens to recognize deceptive content, specious persuasive strategies, inaccurate and unfair stereotypes of a scam when they see them ensuring that they will avoid becoming its next victim.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In scam messages,authors claim particular identities and relationships and have to do so using specific,generically regimented forms of communication.Investigating such forms yields a complex view of what it takes to communicate in a globalized environment at least three different forms of communicative competence seem to be blended.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT In the Nigerian state lies the problem of unity ever since its existence. Overtime, several linguists have tried to look at the diverse ethno...Continue Reading »
2. NIYI OSUNDARE AND THE TRADITION OF MODERN NIGERIAN POETRY: ANALYSIS OF SONGS OF THE MARKET PLACE, VILLAGE VOICES, THE EYE OF THE EARTH AND WAITING LAU...» ABSTRACT Niyi Osundare is one of Nigeria’s most prolific poets whose works have contributed significantly to the growth of a Nigerian poetic tra...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work focuses on the language of persuasion by examining some selected speeches of Governor Aliyu Magatakurda Wamakko. It has be...Continue Reading »
4. CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE AND THE DIALOGIC IMAGINATION: A BAKHTINIAN RE-EXAMINATION OF HALF OF A YELLOW SUN, PURPLE HIBISCUS AND THE THING AROUND YOUR ...» Abstract “You cannot do literature without theory”. A statement made by Professor Y.A.Nasidi in a lecture with his 2009 2010 MA students a...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Literary writers convey their personal experiences in the society through literature, deploying the recourses of language, the scientific stu...Continue Reading »
6. NEW HISTORICISM AND CONTEMPORARY NIGERIAN DRAMA: A STUDY OF SOYINKA’S DEATH AND THE KING’S HORSEMAN AND OSOFISAN’S MOROUNTODUN» Abstract This work explores New Historicists aesthetics in Soyinka‟s Death and the King’s Horseman and Osofisan‟s Morountodun and brings to ...Continue Reading »
7. LANGUAGE BEHAVIOUR AND ITS EFFECTS IN A MULTILINGUAL SETTING: A SOCIOLINGUISTIC DESCRIPTION OF OGORI/MAGONGO PEOPLE OF KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT Multilingualism has been defined as the ability of an individual to speak two or more languages in any communicative event. Therefore, intra ...Continue Reading »
8. THE USE OF ICT IN THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF ORAL ENGLISH IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NSUKKA EDUCATION ZONE» ABSTRACT This research work set out to examine the use of ICT in the teaching and learning of oral English in secondary schools in Nsukka Education zo...Continue Reading »
» Abstract It is observed that quite a number of adults are unable to learn a second language apart from their mother tongue. Therefore, the purpose of ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Proverbs enshrine a lot of historical and cultural heritage of the people who possess them. They contain a vast treasure of information and k...Continue Reading »